Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Syndicate.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

chopperp wrote: »
    Thanks Zimmer

where are u posting your selections these days ?

As always on today's fancies.Had some nice winners since new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

can you send me the link ?

chopperp wrote: »
    can you send me the link ?

Link? its on Boards where i always posted.

Well the plan to get Wise Eagle out for his first ever run
    On the 25th has worked out and flights and hotel bookings not wasted.
    Jack Mitchell has agreed to do the steering in the 1.45 at Lingfied it's too early to know what he is up against but a good run is expected as we have been patient.

I will be in the yard on friday and I will update on sat as early as possible

22 entries if more than 12 declare the race will divide so let's hope final decs have 13!

• Advertisement

It could have been better ,all the horses with form stayed in 12 runners we got the car park draw in box 12,nothing we can do about it and we are going to run so we can only be hopeful will post again when we know more.

I had a score ew at 40to 1 online with Pp.have not spoken to Tom yet but other connections feel that we are up against it and our one will sit in and try to finish well it is trying but will not be knocked about if chance gone.

Horse is in good nick and we are hoping that despite the draw he runs well.I will post a final word from the course tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

cracking run by it. you'd have to be happy with that.

bookman2 wrote: »
    cracking run by it. you'd have to be happy with that.

Very happy jack said he was green but
    Galloped on well when he got the hang of it.

WISE came out of the race well and it transpires that he pulled off a shoe yesterday so the run was certainly promising and we feel he will win for us.

• Advertisement

WISE came out of the race well and it transpires that he pulled off a shoe yesterday so the run was certainly promising and we feel he will win for us.

Running monday at Lingfield in a small (6 runner) field.will post closer to race time as to chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

I see hes entered in the 3:40 tomorrow and has been cut to 5/2 from 4/1, is tomorrow the day!!!?😊

I think WISE EAGLE will win the 3.40 at Lingfield,may drift a bit in the morning if money comes for any of the other two with chances.

Captain St Lucifer looks to need further,Marco Bottis filly,Glitter Queen could be dangerous in receipt of 12 lbs but i am happy that WISE EAGLE is in good shape and will take beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Congrats lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Fantastic, didn’t get anywhere near 4s or 5/2 but a winner nonetheless- bravo again sir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Congrats to you and all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

excellent well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,318 ✭✭✭naughto

Nice one thanks for the heads up enjoy the pints

Thanks guys,he showed a good attitude and should improve for a step up in trip.

A good result for our small syndicate,our other two horses have won twice (Prince Elzaam making 60,000 gns to go to Bahrain).

Manolith,winner of two races will be out soon and is well handicapped so should be winning before being sold by seasons end.

Yorkthoroughbredracing is well run and we owe all our success to the two young people who run it who have bought well and fairly cheaply for us.

Boardies should pay attention to horses in our colours as they always do their best,we are not interested in planning plots and horses are sold as soon as possible to make way for new ones usually bought at the breeze up sales,i hope our luck continues and i will try to steer boardies in the right direction when we have runners.

I am off to Portugal on saturday for a week on a trip subsidised by a couple of bookmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,318 ✭✭✭naughto

For anyone looking g to watch the race back
    Not sure if this will work

https://m.attheraces.com/atrplayer-popup/VOD/1134618?showResult=yes

• Advertisement

Wise Eagle may not belong to YTB if things work out,fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If that’s 3 horses, and 3 have won that’s a crazy strike rate the people buying for ytb . Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

BumperD wrote: »
    If that’s 3 horses, and 3 have won that’s a crazy strike rate the people buying for ytb . Well done

I think it's 4/4, there was another before prince that I can't think of but that won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

ASOT wrote: »
    I think it's 4/4, there was another before prince that I can't think of but that won.

4/4 is insane that is so so hard to do hats off if that’s the case great to see

It's not that easy,I put our first horse up on boards Plata O Plomo was its name.It was injured on its first run for us and had to be put down. The pair who run the syndicate advised that they buy at the breeze up sales and we have done we since.Prince Elzaam bought fo 15 won twice a d sold to Bahrain for 60,000.
    Manolith was our 2nd horse won twice ran in the big Newbury sprint on heavy which he hate .Is well handicapped now despite having landed two good touches for us will be out soon and should win.
    Wise Eagle was the most recent but could not run as a 2 year old as he was big and growing so we waited until he was 3.Certain to win again for us if not sold.

We have been lucky We are very small (made up of a couple of families on this side of the world) syndicate from Ireland with a a small group from York hence the name .The two who run it since moved to Newmarket to work and live.One is assistant to a top trainer in Newmarket the other has a degree in equine science.All the horses are owned by by the members and are to be sold every year unless we vote otherwise.Look them up on facebook but no shares are available for sale this year unless they buy some more at the breeze ups.

It is a long way off but it might be worth remembering.

We have a race in mind for Manolith at Ripon on the 16th of April.

Glitter Queen who was 2nd to Wise Eagle runs in the 6.30 at Chelmsford in a fillies class 4 and i will be looking at the race with interest.

The race seems pretty good with the Appleby trained and Godolphin owned Beautiful Illusion a 1/2 or less (1/3 with PP) following her easy win in good company.

Naturally i am hoping the Wise Eagle form get boost with a good run from Glitter Queen and i have had a modest ew bet on her at 9s,a couple of others from good yards also run and i am hoping that Glitter Queen can frank the form with a decent performance.

Glitter Queen who was 2nd to Wise Eagle runs in the 6.30 at Chelmsford in a fillies class 4 and i will be looking at the race with interest.

The race seems pretty good with the Appleby trained and Godolphin owned Beautiful Illusion a 1/2 or less (1/3 with PP) following her easy win in good company.

Naturally i am hoping the Wise Eagle form get boost with a good run from Glitter Queen and i have had a modest ew bet on her at 9s,a couple of others from good yards also run and i am hoping that Glitter Queen can frank the form with a decent performance.

Trying to figure out out the result,it looks like Wise Eagle is closely matched with Beautiful Illusion on a line through Glitter Queen and we really do not know how strong that form is.

Glitter Queen was well fancied and is obviously well regarded so i think we can be hopeful that Wise Eagle will win again as there is more improvement to come.

Got a couple of videos today of our two horses,WISE EAGLE and MANOLITH.

Manolith has grown and looks really well,sad that we are unable to see them perform on the track as we expected both to win or go very close before racing was shut down and i am so disappointed,however in the order of things at present it is just a trivial matter and i hope we come out of this dark place in a few months.

I tried to put up the vids but failed but i will whatsapp the them to anyone who would like to see them and he or she could put them up,if there is any interest send a phone number by private message.

• Advertisement

The new rules re handicaps means we get a mark for WISE EAGLE tomorrow,hard to know what he will get but having had a 74 rated one 3 lengths behind in an inconclusive sort of race anything around 77 will be ok and less will be great,he is in good form and will probably be out a week after racing resumes.

Advertisement