Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Syndicate.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Got a rating of 75 which is excellent as 75 rated handicaps are now open to him.

Could not be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Got a rating of 75 which is excellent as 75 rated handicaps are now open to him.

Could not be happier.

Great news, the excitement levels must be rising with something to look forward to.

I says wrote: »
    Great news, the excitement levels must be rising with something to look forward to.

Yea Wise will be out in about a week after restart and another out soon as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zimmer I don't suppose you heard anything about Three Saints Bay for tomorrow?

ASOT wrote: »
    Zimmer I don't suppose you heard anything about Three Saints Bay for tomorrow?

No,heard nothing horse used to be handled by YTR but was only handled until a sale could be arranged and it was.won a couple of races in YTR colours and was useful enough on turf acting on soft.

Not as good on the AW and seems a bit high in the weights,OMeara will probably get him down a bit more before he will win again imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Manolith is declared to run at Wolverhampton on Wednesday I see.

percy007 wrote: »
    Manolith is declared to run at Wolverhampton on Wednesday I see.
    He will take his chance at Wol,its hard enough to get a run now and we must let him take his chance,he will wear a visor to sharpen him up,drawn 8 may not be ideal but its ok and his style of running means it should not be a problem.

I will comment on his chance closer to the race.

YTR have one ( SEAS OF ELZAAM)entered at Chelmsford tomorrow 6.15,looks highly tried at first glance with two very promising winners in the field and a Varian trained once raced colt who ran a decent race in 3rd.Will have a good look at the race and report back.

SEAS OF ELZAAM 6.15 Chelmsford has his first run this season and while a few of these look good enough i believe he will run well and have backed it ew,i am confident he will run well and he has every chance of causing an upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

SEAS OF ELZAAM 6.15 Chelmsford has his first run this season and while a few of these look good enough i believe he will run well and have backed it ew,i am confident he will run well and he has every chance of causing an upset.

Price is collapsing under the weight of the boards.ie tenners each way 😂 GL to all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

On the drift now, 8/1 - of course I take 6

Sorry guys,the post mortem,the horse ran ok to be beaten 2 1/2 lengths by the winner who is rated 4 lbs higher and was well fancied and the 3rd who is rated 9 lbs higher.
    The 2nd finished like a train at a huge price. Ours had every chance and no real excuses and the fact that the first 3 home were drawn low did not have much bearing on the result,hopefully our one may not have been as fit as was thought.

Whatever the case we will have a realistic chance of getting the cash back probably in a handicap in a couple of weeks,we have one out tomorrow and while i do not like being responsible fo guys losing money i will post whatever news i get.

MANOLITH is in a tough little race at 2.10 WOL as i posted already i have 25 ew on at 14s and waiting for the final word before deciding to go in again.

He is in good form and has strengthened up from last year,has the ability to quicken at the end of a race and may be a bit of value at the price (i backed it at 14s).

I have not got the final word yet and will post when i get it.

Manolith looks well has grown ,he wi be doing his best and we are hopeful of a good run but I cannot put it any stronger.I am happy enough to increase my stake a little and I am certain he worn well I cant be any more confident than this.

Manolith looks well has grown ,he wi be doing his best and we are hopeful of a good run but I cannot put it any stronger.I am happy enough to increase my stake a little and I am certain he worn well I cant be any more confident than this.

MANOLITH ran badly and the huge drift in the price told it all,i am sorry if anyone lost money but racing is a funny game and things happen that we cannot predict.

I am confident that MANOLITH will win soon.

I think YTR can have a winner today Seas of Elzaam should be spot on after his recent run and can put it up to the hot fav and the horse that cost 375,000 in the 4.20 at Thirsk today..At 9 to2 he represents great ew value.

No joy with Seas of Elzaam,only beaten 3 lengths but very disappointing when well backed,there was some talk that the run may have come too soon but i am inclined to think that trying to make all did not help either.

We will see how he is before jumping to conclusions.

Manolith is out in the 12.50 at Beverly and while his last run can be ignored (drifted to 28/1 because of very well fancied opposition) it was not great.Cheekpieces on today to make him concentrate may help but it is hard to be confident.
    As of now my bet will be around 25 ew unless i hear something that will strengthen my view of his chances,its a tricky contest and i cannot be very confident and am just hoping he runs well.

Manolith is entered tomorrow at Hamilton,we think soft ground doesnt suit and i think there are two or three who would beat him so we will see what happens,Danny Tudhope is down to ride but he may not run.

Manolith goes as he is up there,more in hope than anything else.Its not a great contest but I think there are a couple that could beat him on any ground so I may have a small bet.
    I will be happy if he surprises us ,he is doing his best and Danny will be a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Manolith goes as he is up there,more in hope than anything else.Its not a great contest but I think there are a couple that could beat him on any ground so I may have a small bet.
    I will be happy if he surprises us ,he is doing his best and Danny will be a help.

Just saw the result, well done fellas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Any sign of wise eagle

naughto wrote: »
    Any sign of wise eagle

Will be out very soon.

Horses make fools of us,he acted ok on the ground and nearly got there,i had a small ew bet,we may give him another quick run before he goes to the sales.

MANOLITH is in on tuesday at Pontrefact to try and get his 3rd win for us before heading to the sales.

SEAS OF ELZAAM goes in the 2.05 at Haydock tomorrow for Yorkthoroughbredracing,he is stepped up a furlong which may help as he ran on well on similar ground at Catterick over 6 furlongs.

Not hyped by the tipsters following a run i 8th place last time which was not as bad as it seemed (btn about 3 lengths) and his previous run behind Cry Havoc was pretty good. In a race with a few improving types i honestly think he is overpriced at 14s with PP and i had to have a few quid ew.

If any later news is available i will post it here.

No certainty,but well worth a punt.The favs form is on the AW and the extra furlong shoud be a help so worth backing ew.I am on at 14s all he has to do now is win!!

MANOLITH goes in the 1.15 at Pontrefact with a decent chance pp going 4 places,should go off a bit better than current price so the ew may be value,it is highly unlikely he will be running in our colours after this week so a win would be nice.

Last run for Manolith before he goes to the sales on friday ,if he is recovered from yesterday he will go close,tries an extra furlong today and worth an ew bet,we had good fun with him and whatever happens i hope he comes out of the race sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Good second at Pontefract, I hope MANOLITH does one better today and gives your YTR syndicate one more hurrah, goodluck.

• Advertisement

pottokblue wrote: »
    Good second at Pontefract, I hope MANOLITH does one better today and gives your YTR syndicate one more hurrah, goodluck.

Thanks,he did not go out on a high but low numbers won both 6 furlong races today at Ripon and i will not be tormenting the few who read my "MANOLITH" posts.

He was good to own and as the winner of two races,and several placed efforts he owes us nothing and never needed the vet since we bought him just over a year ago.

Still only 3 he will win other races and may even improve when the calender is not so top heavy with expensive 3 year olds chasing wins in all the3 year old contests due to the shorter than usual season due to Covit.

I personally would not mind if we held on to him but it is the syndicates policy to sell our horses after one season (unless we vote to keep one) and i am looking forward to having 5% of another 2 year old after the breeze up sales or we may buy a yearling.

We still have WISE EAGLE who we expect to run soon before he goes to the sales.
    Thank to all for the good wishes whenever Manolith ran and i hope he did not cost boardies too much cash.

Advertisement