Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racing Syndicate.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Cailin Cliste has her 2nd run today in the 4.30 Dundalk and we are hoping for a good run,however 3 Obrien horses is probably more than we expected to have to contend with.

One of Obriens cost 580,000 gns and as one would expect is a short priced fav,there has been some money for Cailin Cliste who is now 2nd fav.

I am disappointed that one that appeared to have little chance has been withdrawn leaving just 7 runners and only 2 places for ew punters.

I had thought Cailin was a very good ew bet at around 3 or 4 to 1 when we were getting 3 places and i am hoping she will go out in price.

I would not put anyone off backing her as the form but her odds are a bit skinny.

On the plus side she is in good form and doing her best and if she runs well today she may take her chance in a group 3 at Naas on sunday (Aiden Obriens 2 are also entered in that race).

It is exciting for us to have one who may good enough to run in a group 3 with a horse bought for small enough money.

The pair who run the syndicate have bought well for so far with all our horses winning in the last 3 years and it will be fantastic if Cailin Cliste could win this evening and take her chance in group or listed company so fingers crossed and heres hoping she does well and comes out of the race sound that will be great.

I just now see one of AOBs is withdrawn and we may now go off fav.

If she should win today and the form of her first run is strong enough to hope she can i will be counting the hours until sunday.

Todays run was a little disappointing though the Obrien runners may prove to be smart,Cailin will probably run in a maiden on turf and we believe she can win races.

CAILIN CLISTE seems to have come out of the race well and while it seemed a bit of a disappointing run, in time being beaten 7 and a 1/2 lengths by Yet after being a bit slow out of the stalls may not be too bad.

All being well the filly has a couple of entries in Cork on wednesday in maidens and she will probably take her chance.

CAILIN CLISTE seems to have come out of the race well and while it seemed a bit of a disappointing run, in time being beaten 7 and a 1/2 lengths by Yet after being a bit slow out of the stalls may not be too bad.

All being well the filly has a couple of entries in Cork on wednesday in maidens and she will probably take her chance.

I read today in the Irish Field that the trainer said the 2nd horse in the race goes straight to the Queen Mary at Royal Ascot so we may have been taking on a couple of very useful fillies.

Cailin out again today in a tough race where a few will be fancied strongly.

Aiden Obriens will take beating and the fact that Billy Lee rides the Twomy horse and the fact that it is well backed suggests they think a lot of it,there are a couple of more to fear in the race and it appears Cailin is up against it.

She will do her best and the ground is expected to suit but as this is he 3rd run it is likely she will not be knocked about if she cannot win and handicaps will be on the agenda in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Nice win for Wise Eagle this evening, I know he's not yours anymore but I still follow it.

percy007 wrote: »
    Nice win for Wise Eagle this evening, I know he's not yours anymore but I still follow it.

Yea Wise is turning into a fun horse as is Seas of Elzaam,however they had to be sold.

The pair who run the syndicate can buy winners but their future was always going to be in Ireland and now they are moving home in october.

They have taken the yard of John Oxx and have set up as Odonoghue Racing in the Curragh,they are moving in in october.

John is working out his notice (he is assistant trainer to Roger Varian in Newmarket) and Jodi is working out her notice with the Jockey Club also in Newmarket.

It was always the plan to train in Ireland, they got married in december and will be moving to live in the Curragh..They will have plenty of horses available for syndication i presume and i will be involved in one or two.

It is a brave venture for the pair but its what they have worked towards for a few years now and i hope it works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

thats great I hope it works out for them and I might invest in the future

chopperp wrote: »
    thats great I hope it works out for them and I might invest in the future

jodi@odonoghueracing.com is where you will get all the information.

• Advertisement

Update on Cailin Cliste,jockey reported a breathing problem last time out and a problem with her tongue was discovered and she had a procedure carried out to sort it.

It seems to have worked out ok and she was given time to recover and on the easy list,back in training for a while now and we are hoping she will be ready for a Sligo nursery in early August when we will find out if she retains the promise shown on her first run so fingers crossed.

First runner for John and Jodi Odonoghue in the 4.45 at Dundalk tomorrow when ERTIKAAZ runs after more than a year and 3 months off the track,well backed already today to give them the perfect start in what looks like a very tricky handicap.

I will not be surprised if they have the perfect start to their training careers.

ERTIKAAZ has been disappointing on the AW gets a chance back on grass in Cork on sunday,we are hoping for a better performance and maybe its possible he does not like the AW.

Cailin Cliste has her first run for John ODonoghue in the 5,20 on sunday in the Curragh.

Off for nearly 12 months with an injury we hope she shows something and comes back sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Lovely winner Zimmer

First 2 year old runner for the ODonoghues in Tipp on thur if the grounds not too soft.

• Advertisement

PROFITABLE EDGE takes her chance in the 3.55 for John ODonoghue in Tipperary,with Aidan having a full brother to Battash who cost 750,000 gns who should be suited to Tipps fast 5 furlongs,Donncha also has a fancied one and Paddy Twomey who has a good strike rate so the task facing PROFITABLE EDGE is enormous and it is hoped she runs a race of promise despite the ground being against her.

Advertisement