Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Does he even have the necessary legal standing to litigate in Court?

Makes himself look like a right bitter little man

TbL

the people that ran the bdo as in county level as all in the ukda.

only about 4 people remain in the bdo. Des will have to prove the bdo still exists.
    prove its their trophy
    and even then have they even got the funds to pay for a solicitor to take this further as john is in Ireland and no subject to the english law.

He could to small claims court, but how exactly that would work is another thing.

come January , not sure he can pull the same stunt with the Wayne Warren, since technically the bdo ran the world champs for the WDF. now they might claim whilst the title name is not theirs, the trophy is.

I hope John keeps it until the bdo exhaust every option

boomdocker wrote: »
    Where's Chris Dobey disappeared to?
    Was expecting good things from him this year

topped the home tour earlier today

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/1321168905893777409

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

What will happen with Q school I wonder. No way they can create the bubble and test everyone. Could be cancelled. Would the current TC holders get an extra year I wonder ?

5 year ban....2.5 years suspended

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/statement-on-wessel-nijman/

• Advertisement

5 year ban....2.5 years suspended

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/statement-on-wessel-nijman/

What about Kyle Mckinstry ? Pity to see such a short ban should be 10 year or life in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Haven't seen footage of the games in question but was it blatant? or just a case they got found out and admitted it

Kyle McKinstry denied the charges.

I suspect or at least hope the DRA could only convict him with proof. If he is proven to be guilty after denying it, then I suspect they will make an example of him.

no sympathy for any one cheating. There were 2 lads in australia caught last year and only got a short sentence. The DRA need to have some framework as they seem to issue fines and bans on a whim depending on the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

The DRA need to have some framework as they seem to issue fines and bans on a whim depending on the player.

Mickey Mansell "not playing to the best of his ability" springs to mind. Very strange case that one.

yep, that certainly stank, its like they convicted without proof, which is a very dangerous precedent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Mickey mansell never had ability..............well maybe pub ability.

US2 wrote: »
    Cheers. Mightn't be too bad for Lewis so , can't see him qualified for the slam tho. 14th is probably accurate for Smith now. FDI has him at 16th. I really like these rankings, they take everything into account and updated weekly

https://twitter.com/FDI_Index/status/1320118979025948673?s=19

I took a look at this clowns rankings, the guy has no clue.

He has durrant and ando move up his ranking despite them not in the event.

Thankfully we have a proper ranking, that guys is so biased it is ridiculous

I took a look at this clowns rankings, the guy has no clue.

He has durrant and ando move up his ranking despite them not in the event.

Thankfully we have a proper ranking, that guys is so biased it is ridiculous

You don't agree with any rankings do you ? Give ur current top 10

I agree with the actual pdc rankings. I have said this ages ago. My argument was that because of the money structure you have people like smith in 4th place without ever winning a comp that makes it skewed looking.

This guy rankings are absolutely nonsense, he has players who are not in the comp move up the rankings, while players who qualify, earn money go down the rankings.

People who dont qualify and unable to defend move up. By that warped logic aaron monk would be top of the table as he moves up every time he fails to qualify.
    How can durrant for example who has not qualified move up ? Its down he should be going for missing out and those around him who qualify, move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I agree with the actual pdc rankings. I have said this ages ago. My argument was that because of the money structure you have people like smith in 4th place without ever winning a comp that makes it skewed looking.

This guy rankings are absolutely nonsense, he has players who are not in the comp move up the rankings, while players who qualify, earn money go down the rankings.

People who dont qualify and unable to defend move up. By that warped logic aaron monk would be top of the table as he moves up every time he fails to qualify.
    How can durrant for example who has not qualified move up ? Its down he should be going for missing out and those around him who qualify, move up.

It seems to be an ELO power ranking hybrid, which is considered quite reliable and used by a lot of punters (in other sports).

Moving up or down when you are not playing is a normal by-product of it, as cross results are constantly filtering through.
    e.g., if I don't play this week but all the players I beat in the last few weeks do play and get some good results then it's a positive for my overall power-ranking.

I don't particularly like the methodology of ELO systems myself, but fair dues to people who try to come up with functioning systems rather than just complaining all the time.

the point being if you put it up on the net for people to give an opinion, you cannot go crying when the glaring flaws are mentioned.

the point being if you put it up on the net for people to give an opinion, you cannot go crying when the glaring flaws are mentioned.

Who's crying ?

he was telling me I should not read it when I pointed out the obvious flaws and how it made no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

another woeful 1/4 final,by that i mean to one sided.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

The exact same thing could happen with the PDC rankings.

Player A plays in this years World Championships. He won two years ago so is defending 500k. He goes out in the first round winning 10k. He loses 490k in the rankings

Player B doesn't play in the World Championships. He is 400k behind Player A prior to the tournament. Two years ago he didn't play either therefore he loses 0k in the rankings.

Player B is now 90k ahead of Player A.

• Advertisement

Unless MvG does alot better than Wright at Ally Pally, it's looking like we will have a new World number 1 in January I think ?

Degag wrote: »
    The exact same thing could happen with the PDC rankings.

Player A plays in this years World Championships. He won two years ago so is defending 500k. He goes out in the first round winning 10k. He loses 490k in the rankings

Player B doesn't play in the World Championships. He is 400k behind Player A prior to the tournament. Two years ago he didn't play either therefore he loses 0k in the rankings.

Player B is now 90k ahead of Player A.

that is right for player B, however what you failed to grasp is player A would drop as expected, but player C, player D etc all move up, you have to factor player B would not be the only one to move up

that guys rankings has a player who has not qualified move up on his own, not possible in reality when you factor in those around him.

Then he has the bottom player move up.

he moved up to bottom ?
    How can you move up from bottom to bottom.

As I told the other guy, its his rankings, he can do what he likes, but it makes no sense and if you post it on the net you cannot complain when the flawed logic is highlighted.

that is right for player B, however what you failed to grasp is player A would drop as expected, but player C, player D etc all move up, you have to factor player B would not be the only one to move up

that guys rankings has a player who has not qualified move up on his own, not possible in reality when you factor in those around him.

Then he has the bottom player move up.

he moved up to bottom ?
    How can you move up from bottom to bottom.

As I told the other guy, its his rankings, he can do what he likes, but it makes no sense and if you post it on the net you cannot complain when the flawed logic is highlighted.

I have no idea what you're on about nor do i care. This guy has a ranking system where players who don't play can move up the rankings and so do the PDC.

bullsh!t

show me one example in the pdc where just a single player has moved up the ranking all on his own without entering or qualifying for a competition.

It has never happened, because it cannot happen.
    Even a player like durrant who is defending ZERO. so therefore could lose nothing, even if he rose, others would rise with him,and players defending money lost and dropped, the players who replaced those players would gain so they would move up.

what you are saying happens in the PDC is mathematically impossible and could not happens

show me one example of this happening

bullsh!t

show me one example in the pdc where just a single player has moved up the ranking all on his own without entering or qualifying for a competition.

It has never happened, because it cannot happen.
    Even a player like durrant who is defending ZERO. so therefore could lose nothing, even if he rose, others would rise with him,and players defending money lost and dropped, the players who replaced those players would gain so they would move up.

what you are saying happens in the PDC is mathematically impossible and could not happens

show me one example of this happening

I have no intention of going and looking for a live example. All i am telling you is it is theoretically possible which i proved in my original post.

its not possible.
    In fact it is mathematically impossible for a comp to happen where the only player to move up the oom is a player that does not qualify.

Even your nonsense about "theoretically" is impossible because even if you account for a player defending zero (durrant for example)who fails to qualify, the only way he could move up is if those above him failed to defend the money they were defending, which means someone else won the said money and gained and therefore they moved up. so there would be numerous people moving up the rankings, not just one player...hence why its not possible.

You can deflect, spin, and claim you cannot be bothered to show where it happened, because the fact is you cannot show it has happened because it never has, never will.

its not possible.
    In fact it is mathematically impossible for a comp to happen where the only player to move up the oom is a player that does not qualify.

Even your nonsense about "theoretically" is impossible because even if you account for a player defending zero (durrant for example)who fails to qualify, the only way he could move up is if those above him failed to defend the money they were defending, which means someone else won the said money and gained and therefore they moved up. so there would be numerous people moving up the rankings, not just one player...hence why its not possible.

You can deflect, spin, and claim you cannot be bothered to show where it happened, because the fact is you cannot show it has happened because it never has, never will.

Sigh.

Player A. Ranked 1 in the world with 1 million ranking points
    Player B. Ranked 2 in the world with 600k ranking points
    Player C. Ranked 3 in the world with 100k ranking points

Player A is defending 500k from 2 years ago
    Player B Is defending 0k from 2 years ago
    Player C is defending 50k from 2 years ago

Player A goes out in the 3rd round winning 60k. His new ranking is 560k (1million - 500k + 60k)
    Player B doesn't play. His ranking is still 600k (600k -0k +0k)
    Player C wins the competition. His new ranking is 550k (100k - 50k + 500k)

Player B is now ranked No1 despite not playing
    Player A is now ranked No2
    Player 3 is still ranked No3 despite winning.

FDI rankings have nothing to do with money Justin, nothing. It's basically a form guide for betting

Degag wrote: »
    Sigh.

Player A. Ranked 1 in the world with 1 million ranking points
    Player B. Ranked 2 in the world with 600k ranking points
    Player C. Ranked 3 in the world with 100k ranking points

Player A is defending 500k from 2 years ago
    Player B Is defending 0k from 2 years ago
    Player C is defending 50k from 2 years ago

Player A goes out in the 3rd round winning 60k. His new ranking is 560k (1million - 500k + 60k)
    Player B doesn't play. His ranking is still 600k (600k -0k +0k)
    Player C wins the competition. His new ranking is 550k (100k - 50k + 500k)

Player B is now ranked No1 despite not playing
    Player A is now ranked No2
    Player 3 is still ranked No3 despite winning.

Except that cannot happen.

Are you even aware of the nonsense you are typing

do you even read the posts ?

If a player was defending the 500k as you pointed out, and failed to win it, THEN SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE TO WIN IT

That player would move up also. Which is what I have been saying. Its impossible for a player who has not played in a comp to be the only player to move up the rankings...

Which part of this are you failing to comprehend. ?

I am convinced you are only arguing because I posted it

Accept it, it has never happened in the PDC, because it cannot happen, I am not sure which part of "mathematically impossible" you are failing to grasp.

• Advertisement

Except that cannot happen.

Are you even aware of the nonsense you are typing

do you even read the posts ?

If a player was defending the 500k as you pointed out, and failed to win it, THEN SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE TO WIN IT

That player would move up also. Which is what I have been saying. Its impossible for a player who has not played in a comp to be the only player to move up the rankings...

Which part of this are you failing to comprehend. ?

I am convinced you are only arguing because I posted it

Accept it, it has never happened in the PDC, because it cannot happen, I am not sure which part of "mathematically impossible" you are failing to grasp.

I have accounted for a player winning it.

Or "do you even read the posts ?"

Advertisement