Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

when asked to show an example of the nonsense you claim has happened in the PDC you refused.
    because it never happened.

You tried to make up some bizarre scenario which was still flawed and proven could not work and you still cannot accept it.

you have been told its mathematically impossible for a single player who has not qualified for a comp to be the only player that could move up the rankings and you are still trying to spin.

It is quite clear you either will never comprehend it, or else you do understand and are complaining because you just want an excuse to complain and find a fault to my initial post.

You have claimed what is mathematically impossible, is possible, and when asked to show when this supposedly happened in the PDC which you have claimed, you cannot.

I am done with you, you clearly have an agenda where you are disregarding facts in order to find fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

when asked to show an example of the nonsense you claim has happened in the PDC you refused.
    because it never happened.

I'm sorry, i don't recall claiming it had happened. Can you show me where i said that?
    You tried to make up some bizarre scenario which was still flawed and proven could not work and you still cannot accept it.

you have been told its mathematically impossible for a single player who has not qualified for a comp to be the only player that could move up the rankings and you are still trying to spin.

I'm sorry but you are getting this completely arse ways. I'm the person who has proved that it is mathematically possible. I'm the person who has given an (albeit hypothetical) example. You are the person who is saying that it is not and "proven that it can't work" without showing your workings. How is my example flawed? Please elaborate. I am not saying that it will happen every day. I am just saying it is possible

I also never said that it would be the only player to move up the rankings. That would be silly. I simply stated that a player who did not play in a competition can move up the PDC rankings. That's surely not that hard to understand?
    It is quite clear you either will never comprehend it, or else you do understand and are complaining because you just want an excuse to complain and find a fault to my initial post.

You have claimed what is mathematically impossible, is possible, and when asked to show when this supposedly happened in the PDC which you have claimed, you cannot.

I am done with you, you clearly have an agenda where you are disregarding facts in order to find fault.
    Again, i have not claimed it has happened in the PDC. If someone tried putting as many words in your mouth in one post as you have done to me you'd be in uproar.

I have shown how it is mathematically possible. You, to date, have failed to show how it is not so. Because you can't simple as that.

You unfortunately are the only person with an agenda i'm afraid. I don't really know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It was explained to you that it's a power-ranking or ELO type system.
    The figure beside each player is their rating, not their ranking.
    In lots of such systems your rating can move up or down without your position changing, or indeed without you even playing. I don't particularly like them but they are valid.

Biggest example is horse-racing. Every Monday the handicapper will reassign the rating of all horses within his system, regardless of if they ran or not.
    The worst horse in Ireland may have his rating increase purely because in a race a month ago he finished within a couple of furlongs of a horse who subsequently went on to better things.

This was my post

bullsh!t

show me one example in the pdc where just a single player has moved up the ranking all on his own without entering or qualifying for a competition.

It has never happened, because it cannot happen.
    Even a player like durrant who is defending ZERO. so therefore could lose nothing, even if he rose, others would rise with him,and players defending money lost and dropped, the players who replaced those players would gain so they would move up.

what you are saying happens in the PDC is mathematically impossible and could not happens

show me one example of this happening

Your reply

Degag wrote: »
    I have no intention of going and looking for a live example. All i am telling you is it is theoretically possible which i proved in my original post.

It is not theoretically possible
    nor is it mathematically possible.

you still are not grasping it

I'll post it again
    Sigh.

Player A. Ranked 1 in the world with 1 million ranking points
    Player B. Ranked 2 in the world with 600k ranking points
    Player C. Ranked 3 in the world with 100k ranking points

Player A is defending 500k from 2 years ago
    Player B Is defending 0k from 2 years ago
    Player C is defending 50k from 2 years ago

Player A goes out in the 3rd round winning 60k. His new ranking is 560k (1million - 500k + 60k)
    Player B doesn't play. His ranking is still 600k (600k -0k +0k)
    Player C wins the competition. His new ranking is 550k (100k - 50k + 500k)

Player B is now ranked No1 despite not playing
    Player A is now ranked No2
    Player 3 is still ranked No3 despite winning.

Tell me what is wrong with this. Theoretically, Figuratively, Mathematically, whatever you want? Why can't it happen in the PDC rankings?

Also would you mind answering this? You know, just so i can you're not a liar.
    I'm sorry, i don't recall claiming it had happened. Can you show me where i said that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I agree with the actual pdc rankings. I have said this ages ago. My argument was that because of the money structure you have people like smith in 4th place without ever winning a comp that makes it skewed looking.

This guy rankings are absolutely nonsense, he has players who are not in the comp move up the rankings, while players who qualify, earn money go down the rankings.

People who dont qualify and unable to defend move up. By that warped logic aaron monk would be top of the table as he moves up every time he fails to qualify.
    How can durrant for example who has not qualified move up ? Its down he should be going for missing out and those around him who qualify, move up.

Interesting first sentence , how long is "ages ago" because after the match play you said on this very thread multiple times that the PDC rankings are a COMPLETE FARCE?

I agree with the pdc rankings more than the power ranking nonsense.

The pdc rankings are FACTUAL, although my complaint has always been they could do with improvement hence my usage of the word "skewed".

The fact you are the one now citing the PDC rankings is hilarious seeing as you were the one claiming durrant was one of the best in the word and in the top 5, when the very same pdc rankings says and shows and proves durrant is not in the top 5, be it for the one year rankings or the two year ranking. So if you agree with the pdc rankings then your claim for durrant being in the top 5 is ridiculous.

You cannot have it both ways !

As for Degags nonsense, it was debunked, proven it could not happen in the PDC, and no amount of spin or deflection will alter this.
    These are facts , but certain members on here dont like facts when they are presented by certain people because it annoys them and they feel compelled to complain based on the poster.

I agree with the pdc rankings more than the power ranking nonsense.

The pdc rankings are FACTUAL, although my complaint has always been they could do with improvement hence my usage of the word "skewed".

The fact you are the one now citing the PDC rankings is hilarious seeing as you were the one claiming durrant was one of the best in the word and in the top 5, when the very same pdc rankings says and shows and proves durrant is not in the top 5, be it for the one year rankings or the two year ranking. So if you agree with the pdc rankings then your claim for durrant being in the top 5 is ridiculous.

You cannot have it both ways !

As for Degags nonsense, it was debunked, proven it could not happen in the PDC, and no amount of spin or deflection will alter this.
    These are facts , but certain members on here dont like facts when they are presented by certain people because it annoys them and they feel compelled to complain based on the poster.

You can't have it both ways either, James Wade in the top 10 despite reaching 1 tv final in 2 years where he got battered :)

Go and debunk it then. No point in telling me it's nonsense. Show me how it's nonsense.

Please enlighten me.

US2 wrote: »
    You can't have it both ways either, James Wade in the top 10 despite reaching 1 tv final in 2 years where he got battered :)

you do know how the rankings work for the one year oom
    2 year oom, protour etc ?

Yes wade is in the top ten, only in again because he reached a tv final in which he was battered....but he made the final. Had Wade not got where he did he would have stayed outside the top ten, where he dropped to when his money from 2018 came off.

Do you even listen to the comms on darts when they explained it also ?

You made the ridiculous claim Durrant was in the top 5, yet here is a guy who has made zero tv ranking finals, has won absolutely nothing that is ranked, not even on the floor in the entire year, yet you claim he is in the top 5 ?

When Smith loses his quarter of a million he will sit around 13th in the Oom which is more his position.
    Gurney looks set to drop out of the top ten, which reflects his current results.

The PDC rankings is not based on FORM, it is based on WINS

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Go and debunk it then. No point in telling me it's nonsense. Show me how it's nonsense.

Please enlighten me.

you claim it is possible, the onus on you is to back up your claim it is possible for just one single player to move up the rankings , and a player that has not even entered.

That is like saying unicorns exist and asking me to prove the dont, you made the claim it happens in the pdc, it is up to you to back up that claim, but you cannot, this is your latest attempt at spin and deflection to avoid admitting you are wrong.
    I see it, others see it, for what it is.

for the record US2, I have no problem with anyones opinion.

you are entitled to think Durrant is in the top 5, you can think he is the best ever. We all have an opinion.
    Its when its stated as if it were fact, then I will argue it,when the facts prove he is not top 5 , then I will find issue and show why factually and statistically he is not in the current top 5 be it for one year or two.

Likewise with degag, when he claims as fact something happened in the PDC when it actually has not happened, then i will refute that.

It seems like because certain people are looking for any reason to argue, they will ignore actual facts and stats to argue because of the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ffs why does every darts thread have to turn into a row?

peteeeed wrote: »
    Ffs why does every darts thread have to turn into a row?

I know, as soon as I post some actual facts its the same people complaining.
    As if I made up the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

now now kiddies

you claim it is possible, the onus on you is to back up your claim it is possible for just one single player to move up the rankings , and a player that has not even entered.

That is like saying unicorns exist and asking me to prove the dont, you made the claim it happens in the pdc, it is up to you to back up that claim, but you cannot, this is your latest attempt at spin and deflection to avoid admitting you are wrong.
    I see it, others see it, for what it is.

Ok, i'll post it for a third time. Here you go. Again, I never said anything about only one player moving up the rankings. That's ridiculous. This is about players moving up the rankings when they have not played.

You should really really read people's posts seeing as you give out so vehemently that others do not afford you the same grace.
    Sigh.

Player A. Ranked 1 in the world with 1 million ranking points
    Player B. Ranked 2 in the world with 600k ranking points
    Player C. Ranked 3 in the world with 100k ranking points

Player A is defending 500k from 2 years ago
    Player B Is defending 0k from 2 years ago
    Player C is defending 50k from 2 years ago

Player A goes out in the 3rd round winning 60k. His new ranking is 560k (1million - 500k + 60k)
    Player B doesn't play. His ranking is still 600k (600k -0k +0k)
    Player C wins the competition. His new ranking is 550k (100k - 50k + 500k)

Player B is now ranked No1 despite not playing
    Player A is now ranked No2
    Player 3 is still ranked No3 despite winning.

Please enlighten me.

look at post 2495,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115147905&postcount=2495

I said quite clearly, and even put in in bold and italics so you would see it, and you still ignored it.. Read what it actually says.
    I will repeat it again just for you
    show me one example in the pdc where just a single player has moved up the ranking all on his own without entering or qualifying for a competition.

Take notice of the underlined part.

you replied it was theoretically possible....but it is not...you are wrong
    It is not mathematically possible.,and you even then hilariously claimed it happened in the pdc

Yet you insist on keeping this up.

look at post 2495,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115147905&postcount=2495

I said quite clearly, and even put in in bold and italics so you would see it, and you still ignored it.. Read what it actually says.
    I will repeat it again just for you

Take notice of the underlined part.

you replied it was theoretically possible....but it is not...you are wrong
    It is not mathematically possible.,and you even then hilariously claimed it happened in the pdc

Yet you insist on keeping this up.

Where did i say this?

when I said players cannot move up on their own, and made this quite clear you continued and said it happens in the PDC
    When I asked for one example you deflected and spout your player a , player b nonsense which was debunked.you even tried to claim it could theoretically happen, which it could not.
    The posts are there for all to see unless you insist on editing them

I will say it again, it is mathematically impossible for a player who has not entered, or qualified for an event to move up the rankings on his own.
    Because even if those above him lost money to drop, someone else would have to win the money on offer so some would have to rise too.

This is not rocket science to comprehend.I believe you already know this, but for some bizarre reason you wont accept this.
    Why you insist on debating this actual fact is mind boggling, its like you are obsessed in trying to prove something that is not possible and are now reduced to back tracking, deflecting etc,

how about you address this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭celt262

I think it is possible to move up rankings while not entered in a tournament I will give you an example in morning.

• Advertisement

Oh dear Justin, I don't know if you are just uber trolling or if there is actually something very wrong with you. EIther way i feel a bit sorry for you really. I don't know why you can't come on here and contribute to the forums in a meaningful way. You either make disgusting comments about players/commentators etc or just are just disruptive.

My point is/was very simple. A player can move up the rankings when they have have not played.

Simple as that.

No more, no less.

It's you who has tried to turn that. I don't know why. It's fairly clear that that is very possible in the PDC.

I never claimed that only one person could move up the rankings at any one time.

I also never said that it had happened in the PDC. I don't know if it has but i'd be very surprised if it didn't. All i know is that it's quite possible. Obviously possible actually.

You have continued to say that i said both of those things on numerous occasions. Outright lying.

You keep saying X was debunked or Y is not possible but have not once debunked a thing!!! Just skirting around it until i go away because you are wrong but would never admit so!

You could be a good contributor to these forums but all you do is bring a dark cloud over them.

Won't be responding anymore which is exactly what you want. You "win" i guess. Pity we just couldn't have had a civilized debate. Especially with times as they are.

celt262 wrote: »
    I think it is possible to move up rankings while not entered in a tournament I will give you an example in morning.

another one who obviously did not read the posts ^^^

No one is denying it is possible to move up the rankings if players above then drop.
    The argument if you actually read the posts is that it is mathematically impossible for that player to be the only player that can move up.

I have said this NUMEROUS times and even highlighted it on another post, so either people are incapable of reading or else choosing to ignore it.

this was my post

it is still there unedited for all to see.

your reply
    View Post
    I have no intention of going and looking for a live example. All i am telling you is it is theoretically possible which i proved in my original post.

you claimed it was theoretically possible which it is not.
    It is also not mathematically possible.

Now you can spend the rest of the night deflecting if you wish, but it is there for all to see.You either ignored the part in bold or simply did not see it in your rush to complain.

but your reply to what I asked was debunked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭celt262

Ok so its the all on his own that is the pinch point here.

I will leave ye at lads :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Justin is quite obvious that it is theoretically possible. Degag proved to you that it is. You saying that it's not is not proof by the way. He also never said it actually happened in the PDC, just that it's possible, which mathematically it is.

What an absolute mess this thread has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nor directly relevant to darts, but the Mosconi Cup (A Matchroom 9-ball Pool event in December) has been moved from Alexandra Palace to the Ricoh.
    http://www.matchroompool.com/news/partypoker-mosconi-cup-moves-ricoh-arena-coventry/

Interview with Irish legend Robyn Byrne for anyone interested

https://twitter.com/InsidetheWDF/status/1323557158068379653?s=19

Excellent darts from the polish fella there busting 181. Probably the highest bust score in history after Jose De Sousa bust 180 a few months ago ?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Justin is quite obvious that it is theoretically possible. Degag proved to you that it is. You saying that it's not is not proof by the way. He also never said it actually happened in the PDC, just that it's possible, which mathematically it is.

What an absolute mess this thread has become.

Degag did not prove it possible, his so called example showed how players lost money, but failed to take in to account the players that won money.
    it is impossible for just one player to rise after a competition......you might be a mod but you cannot dictate what is or is not possible either.

Tell you what, show me one example ever of it happening, once anytime in history.

Even this week we had a comp where durrant did not play, players lost money some players gain.

----

I reckon the ricoh will be holding the worlds

It cannot be done, and no matter what you say.

• Advertisement

Advertisement