Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

STB. wrote: »
    The Sunday Games picking choice has to be questioned.

Its not as if there was a load of games on.

No highlights of the game between the top two in Division 1. FFS.

Notice Lyster and Spillane are ignoring the challenge on the ref by Andy Moran today. Something they just couldnt do in their trial by media with Connolly.

Dub v Galway on in a minute.
    They must have got the footage from the Yankee Marching Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

The Sunday Games picking choice has to be questioned.

Its not as if there was a load of games on.

No highlights of the game between the top two in Division 1. FFS.

Notice Lyster and Spillane are ignoring the challenge on the ref by Andy Moran today. Something they just couldnt do in their trial by media with Connolly.

Lyster wont go there even though he is from Galway. I am suprised at Spillane and Clarke. Can only imagine the furor if a Dublin player done that like Connolly last year.

Lets see what the CCCC OR IS THE C.C.CD.C who will forgive him and say he has nothing to answer.

In fairness to Moran it is not something you would think he would do. but the camera doesnt lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭muddle84

Saw Sherlock shoulder Barry mchugh in the back. That's one thing refs should be stricter on - lads from the sideline should never get involved. Strangely enough, mcentee (Mayo match) got involved in something similar v Galway. But that stuff should be left to the lads playing

McEntee ended up with a 2 month ban for that (and rightly so). Sherlock probably heading for the same now if he did get involved.
    LeoB wrote: »
    Lyster wont go there even though he is from Galway. I am suprised at Spillane and Clarke. Can only imagine the furor if a Dublin player done that like Connolly last year.

Lets see what the CCCC OR IS THE C.C.CD.C who will forgive him and say he has nothing to answer.

In fairness to Moran it is not something you would think he would do. but the camera doesnt lie.

Moran got in the refs face, but i didn't see him grab, push or pull him did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Tomás Quinn @mossyquinn

Pat must have forgotten all the rules he’d learned off so well last summer @TheSundayGame
    10:42 PM - Mar 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/mossyquinn/status/975502769472798721

Good Man Mossy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭corny

Jesus they were great highlights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭corny

OMG they're highlighting Sherlock now. This is ****ing scandalous.

corny wrote: »
    Jesus they were great highlights.

Yeah, apparently the batteries ran out on the iphone it was filmed on.:rolleyes:

Lyster just couldnt resist having a go at the Dublin Official on the sideline, yet made nothing of the Moran incident. I am defintely going to release the feed footage of Lyster off air when I track down the stick I archived it on.

The Dublin official was Sherlock who was slapped in the head several times by a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

corny wrote:
    OMG they're highlighting Sherlock now. This is ****ing scandalous.

To be fair Sherlock should get 2 months like McEntee earlier in the year. Hardly scandalous to highlight it. O'Gara's elbow or the Dublin dragging down at the end wasn't mentioned at all either so it isn't as if its an Anti Dublin thing. More pro-Mayo than anything else.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    To be fair Sherlock should get 2 months like McEntee earlier in the year. Hardly scandalous to highlight it. O'Gara's elbow or the Dublin dragging down at the end wasn't mentioned at all either so it isn't as if its an Anti Dublin thing. More pro-Mayo than anything else.

I take it you didnt see it.

Spillane couldnt resist some smart arse comment all the same. He knows he's on thin ice after he abused his position on the panel to influence decisions previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

muddle84 wrote: »
    McEntee ended up with a 2 month ban for that (and rightly so). Sherlock probably heading for the same now if he did get involved.

More of a chest bump type thing in a threatening Mayo menacing manner :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

People need to take to twitter and email RTE about Lyster. A proper plonker he is. Thought Spillane would have the spine to nail it. Will the Galway player be sanctioned for slapping Sherlock?

muddle84 wrote: »

I dont think he grabbed him but he was very aggressive towards him and appeared to bump into him.

Surprised that elbow was not shown.
    They showed plenty of the indiscipline from the Mayo lads in thier match.

I got the impression that Pat and/or the Sunday Game team had a "sit down" (to use Sporano's parlance) with Don Gavin.

Pat looked strangely scared and quiet by his normal sh1tehawking standards.

STB. wrote:
    I take it you didnt see it.

He shouldered the Galway player in the back.

He has absolutely no right to make any contact with any players.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I take it all back they have the Galway Dublin game.

Lyster too busy trying to get Sherlock banned to pay any attention to Andy Moran

Gavin should just wash his hands of them like Harte did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He shouldered the Galway player in the back.

He has absolutely no right to make any contact with any players.

In fairness I don't think anyone here is defending Sherlock.
    In Act 1 we have Moran squaring off to a ref and possibly even pushing him, and there was not one mention from the RTE panel.

In Act 2, similar situation and RTE panel ask if a sanction is possible.

Thats the problem.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    In Act 1 we have Moran squaring off to a ref and possibly even pushing him, and there was not one mention from the RTE panel.

Thats the problem.

Thats it in a nutshell

People need to take to twitter and email RTE about Lyster. A proper plonker he is. Thought Spillane would have the spine to nail it. Will the Galway player be sanctioned for slapping Sherlock?

The problem with Lyster and Des Cahill they hate controversy of any description.
    So they never ask any incisive / investigative questions. The presenters have free rein then.

A few years ago, when Eamon O'Hara went and attacked Walsh's Sligo management as an analyst Des Cahill nearly died on the spot.

"That's a bit harsh now Eamon" etc.

Lyster does the same type of thing "right lads on to such and such"

The analysts are rarely properly challenged by the presenters.

TheSundayGame are getting a right hammering on Twitter.

You've a Galway man presenting the program who had nothing to say about the Moran incident, highlighting a sideline incident with his beloved Galway and Jayo.

Gas.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Thats the problem.

Pat mentioned it but glossed over it.
    It was a black card he said any interference with the ref is a black card.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote:
    In fairness I don't think anyone here is defending Sherlock. In Act 1 we have Moran squaring off to a ref and possibly even pushing him, and there was not one mention from the RTE panel.

My post was in respone to someone who said that I must not have seen the incident if I thought that Sherlock deserved a ban. That's defending Sherlock.

I agree that panel should have made an issue of the Moran contact. He clearly bumped Deegan with his chest and should be banned as well.

I had no problem with Spillane and his comments last year on Connolly. He quoted the rule and the whole witch hunt bull**** was totally out of line.

However he had to make reference to the incident tonight. It was his job to highlight it when Connolly did it so its his job to highlight it when Moran does it. Sweeping it under the carpet because he shook hands with the ref after is bollox. Definite double standards.

My post was in respone to someone who said that I must not have seen the incident if I thought that Sherlock deserved a ban. That's defending Sherlock..

All I saw Sherlock getting a few slaps. I will watch the rest when its up online.

There is no consistency in the Sunday Games analysis. It is abused. They had feck all coverage of the game including incidents involving cards, but Lyster made sure some sideline incident got into the "highlights".

The same programme had extensive footage of the Mayo game and nothing to see here mantra regards Morans' Black.

There needs to be a bit of balance and the dictatorship thats there simply cannot be trusted not to influence according to their own agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

All I saw Sherlock getting a few slaps. I will watch the rest when its up online.

There is no consistency in the Sunday Games analysis. It is abused. They had feck all coverage of the game including incidents involving cards, but Lyster made sure some sideline incident got into the "highlights".

The same programme had extensive footage of the Mayo game and nothing to see here mantra regards Morans' Black.

There needs to be a bit of balance and the dictatorship thats there simply cannot be trusted not to influence according to their own agendas.

Happy enough when Des Cahill and Ciaran Whelan are on TSG? Let's roll it back to the week between the ,2016 final and replay shall we....???????
    Forgot about Mossy Quinn .

km79 wrote: »
    Happy enough when Des Cahill and Ciaran Whelan are on TSG? Let's roll it back to the week between the ,2016 final and replay shall we....???????
    Forgot about Mossy Quinn .

When did the Sunday Game last have a Dub on the panel ?

99% of the time, there are no Dubs on the panel, especially live games,for which its the same ol same ol.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tellyium

The Galway player grabbed Sherlock’s hat off his head and then threw it at him. Handbags,

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

When did the Sunday Game last have a Dub on the panel ?

99% of the time, there are no Dubs on the panel, especially live games,for which its the same ol same ol.

The last time The Sunday Game was on I don't even need to check back but I'm sure there was at least one Dub. Des Cahill ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

km79 wrote:
    Happy enough when Des Cahill and Ciaran Whelan are on TSG? Let's roll it back to the week between the ,2016 final and replay shall we....??????? Forgot about Mossy Quinn .

He's right though, no mention of Andy Moran barging into the official, no reading of the rule book.

Forgotten about McStay for years on TSG !!!

We'll see now how Andy Moran is handled. I bet we'll hear nothing about it. He was smart enough to apologise and shake the refs hand on it.

km79 wrote: »
    The last time The Sunday Game was on I don't even need to check back but I'm sure there was at least one Dub. Des Cahill ;)

The live show has rarely seen a panel outside of Lyster and his merry men, Larry, Curly & Moe.

And for the times I've seen Cahill presenting the Sunday Game, he does seem to at least understand how to act impartial.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,463 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Was at the game today.

Galway played like Donegal 2014, great for the lads who didn't play then, refereed again by Joe McQuillan who let the same stuff go by Galway today that he let go by Donegal today. Thankfully, the lessons have been learned and shared by this Dublin team.

Sherlock stuff on Allianz League Sunday is ridiculous. Sherlock was the peacekeeper and the Galway player the agressor. If it is a 12-week ban to put your hands on an official, should it be a six-week ban to put your hands on a mentor from the opposing team?

O'Gara, stupid again. I am one of his biggest fans but the red mist is too much. Unlucky today, it was O'Ceallaigh who did Dean Rock by going down who got O'Gara sent off as well, that innocent angel ended up with a black card of his own. However, even if you are unlucky to be struck by lightning ten times, you are a liability, and as much as I love him, O'Gara is a liability now.

Galway's plan won't survive Croke Park. Easy to see how they can beat a Mayo team in Pearse Park or even Castlebar. The bigger pitch in Croke Park will catch them out. Looking forward to the final.

For us, Comerford did well, considering there was no Scully, Howard or Fenton in the first half who have been catching a lot of Cluxton's kick-outs. A slow start, but Lowdnes messed up a couple of the kick-outs, costing a couple of scores. Overall, Dublin were better on kick-outs, and the new rules seem to favour outfield players who pressurise kick-outs - unfortunately, for the rule-makers, that doesn't disadvantage Dublin.

Kilkenny was brilliant again. Fenton showed his class in the second half, even if he blocked every runner. Galway were the best team we have faced so far, yet we drew, without Cluxton, McCaffrey, O'Sullivan, Fenton (1st half), Scully, Mannion, Connolly and Brogan.

Reddin, Paddy Small, McHugh, Basquel etc. will have learned more from this game than any other. Hopefully, it will be to the long-term benefit of the team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

blanch152 wrote:
    Reddin, Paddy Small, McHugh, Basquel etc. will have learned more from this game than any other. Hopefully, it will be to the long-term benefit of the team.

Paddy Small didn't have a great game.
    O'Gara hasn't learned anything at all it seems.

Galway are a decent team all the same.

Just saw TSG thought Marty Clarke was very composed, his analysis (if his) of kildare over three games was good. I hope we see more of him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement