Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And lets not forget the 12 Apostles in the Game of Shame!!

As the rumour goes Talty didn’t make it out for the 2nd half after sticking him s head into the Dublin dressing room to slag off his mate Mullins on been sent off, Big Joe right hook sorted that out😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

DoctaDee wrote: »
    ... fair play to the Carlow lads, great achievement and an encouraging progression to make it into Div3. Be interesting to see if they can bring that form into Leinster, while others bemoan their lot these fellas look like they've grabbed their opportunity by the throat - good luck to them

Great video doing the rounds of the dressing room celebrations

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

TBH they had a great championship last year and have a couple of class players. I think people are genuinely interested in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Wexford/Clare called off tomorrow. Imagine that our game against Tipp will follow suit. Be too cold for much of a pitch thaw.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    TBH they had a great championship last year and have a couple of class players. I think people are genuinely interested in them.

They play with a bit of abandon in comparison to others. Don't think there was any chance of them beating Dublin even if Murphy had stayed on, but it ranks as second toughest game Dublin had next to the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Wexford/Clare called off tomorrow. Imagine that our game against Tipp will follow suit. Be too cold for much of a pitch thaw.
    It has been called off now.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/975462154550824960

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

spurshero wrote: »
    Kind of ironic ye calling team bullies . Ya only have to go back to the last couple mins of last year all Ireland s final where ye pulled and dragged every Mayo player to the ground to see who was cynical and bullied when it really mattered .

Funny over time it’s become ‘every’ mayo player. I recall 3 or maybe 4 players max were taken out of it before that kick out. Any other team would be lauded for seeing it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Billy Mays wrote: »
    3rd black card in 5 games for O'Ceallaigh yet Dublin are the disgraceful cynical team :rolleyes:

You caught that too?

Dan Paddy Andy's 3 black cards and missing their next game, was quickly glossed over in about 2.5 seconds... then it was onto how disgraceful the Dubs carry on was, should be ashamed of themselves....etc etc.

Utterly priceless carry on from the Galway Bay FM lads. Real Fr Ted stuff. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You caught that too?

His 3 black cards and missing their next game, was quickly glossed over in about 10 seconds... then it was onto how disgraceful the Dubs carry on was, should be ashamed of themselves....etc etc.

Utterly priceless carry on from the Galway Bay FM lads. Real Fr Ted stuff. :D:D:D

Local radio will always b biassed - always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You caught that too?

Dan Paddy Andy's 3 black cards and missing their next game, was quickly glossed over in about 2.5 seconds... then it was onto how disgraceful the Dubs carry on was, should be ashamed of themselves....etc etc.

On their 6.00 sports item they led with how Galway had seen off Dublin.

Local radio will always b biassed - always.

I know.

God bless 'em.

Pure comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

On their 6.00 sports item they led with how Galway had seen off Dublin.

Local radio and inter county football involving the Dubs - Funniest **** EVER!

That said, I've no problem with Galway putting it up to Dublin today. Gonna watch the game in the morning over breakfast and see if it differs from the Galway Bay FM lads description.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Grandeeod wrote:
    That said, I've no problem with Galway putting it up to Dublin today. Gonna watch the game in the morning over breakfast and see if it differs from the Galway Bay FM lads description.

How are you going to see it ?who showed it today ? Our club showed it too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Where can one view this battle of Salthill?:)

In the minds of the Galway Bay FM lads. ;)

T'wasn't on the tellybox.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Where can one view this battle of Salthill?:)

It'll be passed down by mouth from father to son for time immemorial.

And I for one can say: 'I Saw.'

Not even sure RTE have any of it for 9.30. Didn't show any clips on sports news anyway. Don't think T na G have it down for their Monday night show either.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Not even sure RTE have any of it for 9.30. Didn't show any clips on sports news anyway. Don't think T na G have it down for their Monday night show either.

The only cameras there today, from what I could see belonged to the Illinois Marching Band.

The only cameras there today, from what I could see belonged to the Illinois Marching Band.

Is Jim Gavin going to refuse to speak to them too, if they don't hand the footage over? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How did it compare to the Mayo Galway game which tended to have a nasty undercurrent?The indications seem to be that it was far worse.

I heard Frank Carney on MWR and he was castigating Dublin severely.

The respective county threads are awash with claim and counterclaim and an indication that this game may go down in legend,factual or urban legend.

Hence I'm curious to view the contest.

How did it compare to the Mayo Galway game which tended to have a nasty undercurrent?The indications seem to be that it was far worse.

Slipping away from a disappointing defeat in Mac Hale park I heard Frank Carney on MWR and he was castigating Dublin severely.

The respective county threads are awash with claim and counterclaim and an indication that this game may gone in legend,factual or urban legend.

The media probably made it out to be worse in fairness. Dean Rock black carded for stupid foul.
    O'Gara deserved red. Serial offender for Galway black carded again. And the only call i'd have on McQuillan was near the end in the Dublin half and he gave 2 yellows for both Dublin and Galway. When in fact I thought the Galway corner forward should have got black.

Apart from that the usual pulling and tugging. I did hear, although I couldn't see that a bit of a fight broke out on the Dublin line and that Sherlock gave someone a box. I am open to correction on that .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Well judging from their previous games those poor gosoons from Galway are altar boys unschooled in the dark arts of top level football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

"There is a God in heaven" was my favourite line when Galway equalised right at the end

I heard Frank Carney on MWR and he was castigating Dublin severely.

The respective county threads are awash with claim and counterclaim and an indication that this game may go down in legend,factual or urban legend.

Whut, whut, whut.....here? :confused:

This one isn't.

We're laughing at the Galway Bay FM lads, giving out about O'Gara (again) and, perfectly willing to admit that what ever Galway are up for, we are even...ehh...upp-ier?

BqWb4SvCQAAIc9O.jpg

The media probably made it out to be worse in fairness. Dean Rock black carded for stupid foul.
    O'Gara deserved red. Serial offender for Galway black carded again. And the only call i'd have on McQuillan was near the end in the Dublin half and he gave 2 yellows for both Dublin and Galway. When in fact I thought the Galway corner forward should have got black.

Apart from that the usual pulling and tugging. I did hear, although I couldn't see that a bit of a fight broke out on the Dublin line and that Sherlock gave someone a box. I am open to correction on that .

Saw Sherlock shoulder Barry mchugh in the back. That's one thing refs should be stricter on - lads from the sideline should never get involved. Strangely enough, mcentee (Mayo match) got involved in something similar v Galway. But that stuff should be left to the lads playing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,409 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Hopefully the Sunday Game will have some decent footage and analysis since they will have more time since the hurling QF's were called off.

They try and fit too much into the time.

There should be four GAA programmes by right (that can be looked up on the player)

A hurling one
    A Football one
    Another one dedicated to the so called weaker counties in both codes.
    A programme for the camogie and ladies football

The Sunday Game in it's current format just ends up as a mess.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Hopefully the Sunday Game will have some decent footage and analysis since they will have more time since the hurling QF's were called off.

They try and fit too much into the time.

There should be four GAA programmes by right (that can be looked up on the player)

A hurling one
    A Football one
    Another one dedicated to the so called weaker counties in both codes.
    A programme for the camogie and ladies football

The Sunday Game in it's current format just ends up as a mess.

Doesn't look like they have it ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 18,409 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Doesn't look like they have it ðŸ™

:mad:

Feck sake

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I take it all back they have the Galway Dublin game.

Notice Lyster and Spillane are ignoring the challenge on the ref by Andy Moran today. Something they just couldnt do in their trial by media with Connolly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement