Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

I wish there was an objective commentary source :p

Would be interesting to get a neutral spin on those last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Draw game. 0-13 0-13. FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Still unbeaten. Give them a right hiding in the final. You would imagine Galway over the course of 50 years would have realised you can't intimidate Dublin :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Billy Mays wrote: »
    O'Gara's an amadán

Commentator having a meltdown here

Must be his last chance gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

O’Gara needs to be shown the door, a complete liability every time he enters play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,351 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Billy Mays wrote: »
    O'Gara's an amadán

Commentator having a meltdown here

That is why I love local radio.

When Galway were doing off the ball stuff it was showing 'Passion' 'Comittment'
    When Dublin did anything of the sort it was a 'disgrace'.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Galway Bay presenter "Dubs are horrendous, a disgrace, this is why the Dubs are much maligned"

Lol I've Joyce on the radio. It was all dragging and pulling and tussling when Dunlin were were trying to get the game back 14 men behind the ball, as soon as Dublin go a point in front the same dragging and pulling becomes cynical play for 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Still unbeaten. Give them a right hiding in the final. You would imagine Galway over the course of 50 years would have realised you can't intimidate Dublin :-)

I'd say Galway are happy enough considering where both teams have come from over the last few years, fair play to them for not lying down for Dublin like a lot of teams do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The commentator going on about 'typical' 'dirty' Dublin

Then....
    A bit of "fan interaction" with the referee and fan interaction with Johnny Cooper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,351 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ArielAtom wrote: »
    O’Gara needs to be shown the door, a complete liability every time he enters play.

Might be his last game in the Dublin jersey for a while.
    If Jim can put DC out of the team God knows what he will do to EOG.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭corny

Its always needless which is what i can't understand with O'Gara.

You could kind of forgive a hot headed player losing the cool if riled. He just comes on looking to assault players. Futile and stupid.

Strange that Galway have such a hatred for Dublin despite rare meetings and almost totally one-sided balance sheet in favour of ourselves. Even good footballing Galway teams seem to have brain fart when they play Dublin and try to show the "soft Dubs" a lesson.

Hasn't worked in nearly 70 years :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

corny wrote: »
    Its always needless which is what i can't understand with O'Gara.

You could kind of forgive a hot headed player losing the cool if riled. He just comes on looking to assault players. Futile and stupid.

Aye - he should just wash and iron that jersey and give it to his brother - he's become the parody of an "impact" sub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I'd kick O'Gara to the kerb at this stage

Complete liability as said and he still can't make a tackle on a player without giving a needless foul away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Delighted that were through to the final with one to spare. Must have been a tough tough match.

Nothing to add about OGara. Although I wasn't there I kind of already know what he has done without even being told. Quite sad that he is going down this road.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

How many matches in a row has there been fracas' involving Galway? Getting a bit of a reputation for themselves this year.

Of course, we're not innocent!

If we don't beat them by double figures in CP I'll be very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

3rd black card in 5 games for O'Ceallaigh yet Dublin are the disgraceful cynical team :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Slattsy wrote: »
    How many matches in a row has there been fracas' involving Galway? Getting a bit of a reputation for themselves this year.

Of course, we're not innocent!

If we don't beat them by double figures in CP I'll be very disappointed.

There's no question that there's a bit of an edge to this Galway team. And as a Galway fan, I'm loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭JRant

There's no question that there's a bit of an edge to this Galway team. And as a Galway fan, I'm loving it!

All teams need it, otherwise you get walked all over at that level.

The may very well regret all the carry-on in 2 weeks time though. I'd say it will be the perfect motivation for Gavin and the team. They'll blow Galway away in the final.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Once again I was forced to listen on a biased radio station. Usual funny stuff.:D
    Difficult to put any perspective on the game without seeing it. But decent enough result and I would expect Dublin to put Galway to the Sword in the final. Sounded like wind influenced conditions and an up for it homeside, playing defensively.

Great to see Dublin grind out a result. They took the the hard hits and hit back with interest. The GALWAY lads don’t like when teams stand up to their physical approach, attempted to bully and as with all bullies don’t like being faced up to. League final is going to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,642 ✭✭✭billyhead

No harm in being physical in this day and age and Galway showed that today but by God do i hope Dublin put them back in their box in the final and give them a good hiding as there is a lot of hype about Galway this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Great to see Dublin grind out a result. They took the the hard hits and hit back with interest. The GALWAY lads don’t like when teams stand up to their physical approach, attempted to bully and as with all bullies don’t like being faced up to. League final is going to be fun.

Kind of ironic ye calling team bullies . Ya only have to go back to the last couple mins of last year all Ireland s final where ye pulled and dragged every Mayo player to the ground to see who was cynical and bullied when it really mattered .

spurshero wrote: »
    Kind of ironic ye calling team bullies . Ya only have to go back to the last couple mins of last year all Ireland s final where ye pulled and dragged every Mayo player to the ground to see who was cynical and bullied when it really mattered .

Only did what Keegan started before the throw in with Kilkenny, if you start it be prepared to get it give back to you. A GALWAY fan sticking bag up for Mayo, well I never!!!!!

It's tradition! You may be too young spurs, but Dublin/Galway games were always hard/verging on dirty in 70s and 80s. Even back in 60s by those who are that old!

One of toughest games I ever saw was 1976 AI semi final. Finished 1 - 8 to 0 - 8. Mostly frees. Keaveney got winning goal, can't remember if it was from play or penalty. Knocked lumps out of one another!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A funny auld sort of game. Dublin with most of possession found it difficult to break down a 14 man defence.

Galway on the other hand broke fast and scored some lovely points from play. Against that however, as has been prevalent in other matches they've played this year, they built up a handsome lead and then in the second half could only score 3 points, inclusive of a 75 min free.

I'd assume Gavin will be having another look at last years Tyrone semi final massacre dvd again.

Was Cluxton dropped for a rest or is he injured? Comerford was a bit stage fright initially, but I thought he coped well overall and his kickouts improved as the game progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It's tradition! You may be too young spurs, but Dublin/Galway games were always hard/verging on dirty in 70s and 80s. Even back in 60s by those who are that old!

One of toughest games I ever saw was 1976 AI semi final. Finished 1 - 8 to 0 - 8. Mostly frees. Keaveney got winning goal, can't remember if it was from play or penalty. Knocked lumps out of one another!

And lets not forget the 12 Apostles in the Game of Shame!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And lets not forget the 12 Apostles in the Game of Shame!!

A great match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

... fair play to the Carlow lads, great achievement and an encouraging progression to make it into Div3. Be interesting to see if they can bring that form into Leinster, while others bemoan their lot these fellas look like they've grabbed their opportunity by the throat - good luck to them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement