Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Cry 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If it's one thing the FC series can't do it's AI, it's so incredibly cringe worthy. I was really looking forward to this game, but there's no way i'd splash out €60 for it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw the perks list has a perk allowing you to carry more weapons, up to 4 I think it was. Will be going for them quick enough to suit my bow, pistol, AR and Sniper Rifle loadout.

Also, thread title looks much nicer now :)

I asked the mods to change it earlier. No sleeping at the wheel with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Confirmed, Far Cry 3 Classic will release 26th June or May 29th if you have the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Was looking at this for a while, and at the weekend a few beers may have swayed me to preorder the gold edition on PSN. The only Far Cry I've played is 3 which I really enjoyed, and that coming with the gold edition is a nice bonus. Played a little last night when it loaded, not the best idea when you have to get up early for work. The setting seems interesting, I just got as far as the first small island but enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭jones

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Confirmed, Far Cry 3 Classic will release 26th June or May 29th if you have the season pass.

I picked up the gold edition earlier in Smyths and was going to ask about fc3 I thought it was available day one.

Also from what I've read it's a re-release as opposed to a remaster yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭glencurtis252

Got the deluxe edition today.. anybody no when you download the DLC where do I get the likes of outfits and guns etc
    and stuff that comes with the packs??

I have opened up the map and got the first little island!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got the deluxe edition today.. anybody no when you download the DLC where do I get the likes of outfits and guns etc
    and stuff that comes with the packs??

I have opened up the map and got the first little island!!

You need to liberate the island to unlock them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

jones wrote: »
    I picked up the gold edition earlier in Smyths and was going to ask about fc3 I thought it was available day one.

Also from what I've read it's a re-release as opposed to a remaster yeah?

Yep it's just a re-release. Albeit a very good one of course :)

You need to liberate the island to unlock them

The little small island at the start?? I've liberated that.. well I think I have I be opened up the missions for the 3 main people of the cult

Finished the starting island, and making my way to the fishing lady that was mentioned by a guy on the island..... rod in hand :p

Found a sea plane...... pro tip make sure you get the parachute perk first :o

• Advertisement

I had to go into my PS4 library, click on far cry, click on my items and then had the option to download each item individually from there. If you did that, have a look at the link below.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/978489288471011328?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The little small island at the start?? I've liberated that.. well I think I have I be opened up the missions for the 3 main people of the cult

Well that’s what I read, you need to complete The Resistance story mission

Well **** I just blew up a wandering shop keeper and her dog, I'd planted a proximity mine near a gate before a bridge that I'd seen some traffic on and of course they don't work ulless the car stops near it or slows right down.

Finished trading and went on my way then boom from behind, oh right the mine :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So, How does this compare to Four and is it worth buying?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

It's very much a far cry game, but I don't know enemies are everywhere not just in bases. Road traffic in the spot I'm in is busy so been caught a few times thinking I'm being stealthy only for a car to drive by and get involved.

Just seems more interesting than previous games. Also guy on the radio at the start says after you climb a radio tower
    don't worry I'm not going to tell you to climb those all over the valley
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What are the Radio stations like? Do they have real music like GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Im either missing something really obvious or my game is glitched.

Im right at the start where you have to change clothes in the bunker only im outside the bunker and the door is locked with now way to open it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The only recognisable song for me so far was CCR - Bad Moon Rising.

Edit: here's the track list

https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/87iv1y/far_cry_5_soundtrack_full_list_120_songs/

I only recognise a tiny portion of them.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    Im either missing something really obvious or my game is glitched.

Im right at the start where you have to change clothes in the bunker only im outside the bunker and the door is locked with now way to open it.

It's glitched. Time reload or restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sounds glitched, you change clothes then go talk to the dude who rescued you, who gives you some stuff and off you go. Can you load an earlier checkpoint? If you need to restart at least you're not too far in though.

I can only reload last checkpoint which puts me at the same spot.

Feck it

• Advertisement

Cant skip the cutscenes either :(

I know I picked up a key in Dutches room but I think that was just for a locked door elsewhere in the bunker not to get out.

The first song i recognised was. Where did you sleep last night, the last song preformed on the nirvana unplugged record.
    This version is by lead belly i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭jones

Really liking this so far just finished the first island part so still new but I love the look and soundtrack. It feels more like fc3 than fc4 to me but maybe I'm just invested more.

Playing on ps4 pro and the graphics look amazing and I don't even have a hdr tv.............. Yet

Holy ****, I got knocked out, Boomer came over and licked me back to life and I was able to give him rubs then. Character of the year so far. Glad I made a beeline for him.

Few things I noticed with shops. Weapon merchants wil have your DLC weapons at the bottom of each category list like pistols, rifles, etc. Weapons will be free once you pick them up in game so if you come across a new weapon, pick it up even if you don't want it right now and then pick up your old one. You can spawn it for free at any weapon merchant then.

Same with garage, your dlc vehicles are at the bottom of each list, don't like the look of the baseball muscle car but it will definitely do for now. I see one of the featured cars is suppose to be the supra from need for speed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus Chris that was some opening!

The multilayer? where do I start, if it could consistently show you who is friendly and who isn't that would be a start. So many times shooting at team mates or being shot at :mad:

Sorted the DLC stuff cheers.. really enjoying it So far seems a lot tougher than 4 already!!

Boomer can't sit up front with you in a car 6/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MP is awful as expected the map editor has some promise but only DM or TDM so thats buggered atm

Liking the game in Coop so far, plenty of WTF just happened moments.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    MP is awful as expected the map editor has some promise but only DM or TDM so thats buggered atm

Liking the game in Coop so far, plenty of WTF just happened moments.

And they disabled many of the trophies / achievements in co-op ffs :mad:

Hard to stop playing that, such a great laugh. Even had fun in TDM multiplayer and earned money and perks for single player doing it.

I bought the Impreza Hayai car, took it out for a spin, within about 5 seconds, I came across a Peggy truck that blew it to ****. Boomer revived me and then I had to fight off 7 trucks in a row. Way too many cult gowls on the road.

Found a clutch Nixon mission which was brilliant, the narration reminded me of blood dragon.

Also the tendon wft moments are priceless like this one

Also also....hhmmmm

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/978784626868178945?s=19

Spear wrote: »
    The only recognisable song for me so far was CCR - Bad Moon Rising.

Edit: here's the track list

https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/87iv1y/far_cry_5_soundtrack_full_list_120_songs/

I only recognise a tiny portion of them.

That's way more than I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

And they disabled many of the trophies / achievements in co-op ffs :mad:

Also the story only progresses for the host of the co-op game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mine's still in Parcel Motel, but from what I'm reading about the map maker, the vehicles don't respawn and you can't play your maps privately (ie test them) with friends unless you have 6 people but you also can't select them to play publicly.

So.... I hope the single player mode is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Also guy on the radio at the start says after you climb a radio tower
    don't worry I'm not going to tell you to climb those all over the valley
    :D

That gave me a laugh. I know the sound of that voice from two other Ubisoft games too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    That gave me a laugh. I know the sound of that voice from two other Ubisoft games too.

There's another quest that seems to make fun of the gaming industry as well,
    the alien abduction guy, Larry

Don't know many of the tunes on the playlist but the end of Battlefield Hardline consisted of me hanging out a car window with a bazooka over my shoulder and Ted Nugent's Stranglehold blasting away in the background. Good times.

I love sitting in bushes at the side of the road waiting for the cult goons to wander into the path of a van who's breaks I've just released :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was very hard to stop playing last night, that opening was the best I've seen in an Ubisoft game since FC3 I'd say, the first island was a zinch.

• Advertisement

I got the feeling the first island was really a tutorial, I'm only in the middle of it at present, it is very easy but actually works well I think. I'm assuming once you are used to the mechanics it lets you loose and mayhem ensues. It's great that I haven't been attacked by over aggressive wildlife to date.

Yeah the island is actually a great tutorial level giving you a feel of how the resistance progress works. Don't worry, the wildlife are only waiting to attack you while you are in the middle of something important, the bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Who knew Turkeys were so angry and violent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah the island is actually a great tutorial level giving you a feel of how the resistance progress works. Don't worry, the wildlife are only waiting to attack you while you are in the middle of something important, the bastards.

Ya, I got set upon by some angry turkeys after trying to take one out with my pistol out by the pumpkin farm. :o

Very easy to get distracted away from missions with no on screen map. You just set your way point and try to make your way there however you can, theres just loads of stuff between you and your destination.

There are vehicles everywhere and id used a boat and flown a plane within 10 minutes of leaving the island.

Its clearly just a huge playground designed for ultimate chaos and destruction with enemies literally behind every corner.

Fun so far, looking forward to some co op. If anyone fancies it this evening jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I'm using the bow feels good lol

Is the season pass worth it looks like it could be a decent one?

Not far into it t all. Loved the opening, sets it up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I feel like where the game is set adds so much to these games. It's why I liked FC3 and FC4, and generally like most the Assassin Creed games. Love them exotic locales

I have yet to play it but where this game is set really has me turned off. Doesn't feel exotic enough and I get the feeling that if I buy the game I won't want to explore the world as it wouldn't feel interesting enough.

Am I wrong? Eager to get stuck into a game atm as I'm currently playing nothing

While maybe not exotic, Hope Montana is sure a lot different to round here. I've already met individuals while not necessarily interesting are far more so than in 4. It's still early days but it hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

It's certainly creepy enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement