Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If it's one thing the FC series can't do it's AI, it's so incredibly cringe worthy. I was really looking forward to this game, but there's no way i'd splash out €60 for it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw the perks list has a perk allowing you to carry more weapons, up to 4 I think it was. Will be going for them quick enough to suit my bow, pistol, AR and Sniper Rifle loadout.

Also, thread title looks much nicer now :)

I asked the mods to change it earlier. No sleeping at the wheel with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Confirmed, Far Cry 3 Classic will release 26th June or May 29th if you have the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Was looking at this for a while, and at the weekend a few beers may have swayed me to preorder the gold edition on PSN. The only Far Cry I've played is 3 which I really enjoyed, and that coming with the gold edition is a nice bonus. Played a little last night when it loaded, not the best idea when you have to get up early for work. The setting seems interesting, I just got as far as the first small island but enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Confirmed, Far Cry 3 Classic will release 26th June or May 29th if you have the season pass.

I picked up the gold edition earlier in Smyths and was going to ask about fc3 I thought it was available day one.

Also from what I've read it's a re-release as opposed to a remaster yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭glencurtis252

Got the deluxe edition today.. anybody no when you download the DLC where do I get the likes of outfits and guns etc
    and stuff that comes with the packs??

I have opened up the map and got the first little island!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got the deluxe edition today.. anybody no when you download the DLC where do I get the likes of outfits and guns etc
    and stuff that comes with the packs??

I have opened up the map and got the first little island!!

You need to liberate the island to unlock them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

jones wrote: »
    I picked up the gold edition earlier in Smyths and was going to ask about fc3 I thought it was available day one.

Also from what I've read it's a re-release as opposed to a remaster yeah?

Yep it's just a re-release. Albeit a very good one of course :)

You need to liberate the island to unlock them

The little small island at the start?? I've liberated that.. well I think I have I be opened up the missions for the 3 main people of the cult

Finished the starting island, and making my way to the fishing lady that was mentioned by a guy on the island..... rod in hand :p

Found a sea plane...... pro tip make sure you get the parachute perk first :o

• Advertisement

I had to go into my PS4 library, click on far cry, click on my items and then had the option to download each item individually from there. If you did that, have a look at the link below.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/978489288471011328?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The little small island at the start?? I've liberated that.. well I think I have I be opened up the missions for the 3 main people of the cult

Well that’s what I read, you need to complete The Resistance story mission

Well **** I just blew up a wandering shop keeper and her dog, I'd planted a proximity mine near a gate before a bridge that I'd seen some traffic on and of course they don't work ulless the car stops near it or slows right down.

Finished trading and went on my way then boom from behind, oh right the mine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So, How does this compare to Four and is it worth buying?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

It's very much a far cry game, but I don't know enemies are everywhere not just in bases. Road traffic in the spot I'm in is busy so been caught a few times thinking I'm being stealthy only for a car to drive by and get involved.

Just seems more interesting than previous games. Also guy on the radio at the start says after you climb a radio tower
    don't worry I'm not going to tell you to climb those all over the valley
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

What are the Radio stations like? Do they have real music like GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Im either missing something really obvious or my game is glitched.

Im right at the start where you have to change clothes in the bunker only im outside the bunker and the door is locked with now way to open it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The only recognisable song for me so far was CCR - Bad Moon Rising.

Edit: here's the track list

https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/87iv1y/far_cry_5_soundtrack_full_list_120_songs/

I only recognise a tiny portion of them.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    Im either missing something really obvious or my game is glitched.

Im right at the start where you have to change clothes in the bunker only im outside the bunker and the door is locked with now way to open it.

It's glitched. Time reload or restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sounds glitched, you change clothes then go talk to the dude who rescued you, who gives you some stuff and off you go. Can you load an earlier checkpoint? If you need to restart at least you're not too far in though.

I can only reload last checkpoint which puts me at the same spot.

Feck it

• Advertisement

Cant skip the cutscenes either :(

I know I picked up a key in Dutches room but I think that was just for a locked door elsewhere in the bunker not to get out.

The first song i recognised was. Where did you sleep last night, the last song preformed on the nirvana unplugged record.
    This version is by lead belly i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Really liking this so far just finished the first island part so still new but I love the look and soundtrack. It feels more like fc3 than fc4 to me but maybe I'm just invested more.

Playing on ps4 pro and the graphics look amazing and I don't even have a hdr tv.............. Yet

Holy ****, I got knocked out, Boomer came over and licked me back to life and I was able to give him rubs then. Character of the year so far. Glad I made a beeline for him.

Few things I noticed with shops. Weapon merchants wil have your DLC weapons at the bottom of each category list like pistols, rifles, etc. Weapons will be free once you pick them up in game so if you come across a new weapon, pick it up even if you don't want it right now and then pick up your old one. You can spawn it for free at any weapon merchant then.

Same with garage, your dlc vehicles are at the bottom of each list, don't like the look of the baseball muscle car but it will definitely do for now. I see one of the featured cars is suppose to be the supra from need for speed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus Chris that was some opening!

The multilayer? where do I start, if it could consistently show you who is friendly and who isn't that would be a start. So many times shooting at team mates or being shot at :mad:

Sorted the DLC stuff cheers.. really enjoying it So far seems a lot tougher than 4 already!!

Boomer can't sit up front with you in a car 6/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MP is awful as expected the map editor has some promise but only DM or TDM so thats buggered atm

Liking the game in Coop so far, plenty of WTF just happened moments.

Advertisement