Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Rocky Mountain Way is a great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,620 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found a group of Peggies cheering over a hostage, bear pops up behind me, bear helps kill cult, I become friends with bear, bear kills hostage, I punch bear and run away. I love the randomness in this.

Also found my first plane, said I'd head to the statue as mentioned above. Parachuted right on top of a rocket launcher. Absolute awesomeness ensued :pac:

Jumped off the cliff to what I thought was a landing point for a parachute jump, big white Eden's Gate symbol.....it was a landing point alright but not for parachute jumps :(

Any one up for far cry multiplayer? I set up a PS4 group chat for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any one up for far cry multiplayer? I set up a PS4 group chat for anyone interested.

Its woeful with those stupid maps, hoping something useful will be made with the editor but its DM or TDM only.

• Advertisement

Just a question re a bug or not, early on 1st area you progress until
    squads are sent after you with tranqs, you wake up and John is baptising you and Joseph appears all audio fine except I cant hear anything Joseph is saying

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its woeful with those stupid maps, hoping something useful will be made with the editor but its DM or TDM only.

There a trophy for playing and winning 10 "featured maps" f'n pain trying to get them to come up , even when I get map choice it's hard to get them voted for let alone win.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Some awful maps alright but played some really fun ones. I don't mind TDM, don't like DM. Mode has huge potential between more modes being added and proper maps being recognised and pushed to the front page.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haha recruited a guy from the falls town with a rocket launcher and we went to get your wans dads truck back and he started blowing the **** out of everything :D.

I just found out by accident that if you have a gun for hire and get back in the passenger seat of a car, they will drive instead and head to the open quest or custom point you have marked on the map. Very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Tempted to buy

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Put in a few hours today. Not too shabby a game at all.

Seeing wanted 'Sinner' posters of yourself is a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tempted to buy

I just got it on HumbleBundle for 45 (10% discount or something for already being a subscriber to the monthly).

Great name btw, loved that character.
    FYI , they released it (Curse of Monkey Island( DRM free over on GOG in case you hadn't heard or wanted to play it again. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I just got it on HumbleBundle for 45 (10% discount or something for already being a subscriber to the monthly).

Great name btw, loved that character.
    FYI , they released it (Curse of Monkey Island( DRM free over on GOG in case you hadn't heard or wanted to play it again. :cool:

Already have it and old style box. Works great on win10;)

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Played the campaign in co-op last night with a work mate and it was great craic.

Anything I cleared went towards my progression but we mainly just cleared out small buildings and road blocks and the odd prepper stash.

We both got the same loot, if i collected mine, I could point him to where it was and he'd get the same, which he didnt mind as he wasted half his cash on add ons for his ACR. :o

Its was a fun enough session but I didnt want to do many main story quests because my buddy would have had to do them himself somewhere down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's such a bad oversight not letting progression for both players. It's a decent game, but I wouldn't be playing it twice.

Multiplayer is like a tacked on job from a mid 2000's shooter, right now.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Multiplayer is like a tacked on job from a mid 2000's shooter, right now.

It would actually be semi-ok if they allowed you to opt out of playing the user generated maps. A few of the Ubi ones are not too bad.

The single/co-op ones are fine for the most part too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there match making for multiplayer?

• Advertisement

It would actually be semi-ok if they allowed you to opt out of playing the user generated maps. A few of the Ubi ones are not too bad.

The single/co-op ones are fine for the most part too.

Yeah. They're truly bad. Had to play some kids version of Nuketown twice in a row. And that was one of the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭jones

Loving this so far i have to say! about 3 hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

That "keep your rifle by your side" song is insanely catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked this up in Argos earlier, €75 for the Gold which is still way cheaper than the €90 Gamestop want for the same edition. Unfortunately, every Smyths store was sold out, but I don't mind paying only €5 extra. Hopefully I can finish up Okami while the update is downloading!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Picked this up in Argos earlier, €75 for the Gold which is still way cheaper than the €90 Gamestop want for the same edition. Unfortunately, every Smyths store was sold out, but I don't mind paying only €5 extra. Hopefully I can finish up Okami while the update is downloading!

How Big is the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The sound track (both score and orginals songs) are out. You can get them on youtube or spotify.

Its not bad. I actually taught the hymn's were real, but I think I can be forgiven, not being Christian, they sounded enough like the real thing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Beware of the Wolverines!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Got the last one in Smyths Blanch yesterday, absolutely dying to have a game later tonight, right in time for the long weekend aswell.

Is there match making for multiplayer?

For TDM and DM yes, for Co-Op maps friends only from what I could see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Got the last one in Smyths Blanch yesterday, absolutely dying to have a game later tonight, right in time for the long weekend aswell.

Completely forgot it's a bank holiday.

Advertisement