Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cmon Ireland. Smash the seagulls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

These are the facts
    we are no 3 in the world
    A good bit behind the blacks but a touch behind England
    If we lose today or to Scotland it will be a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

These are the facts
    we are no 3 in the world

What a cheerful chappie you are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

These are the facts
    we are no 3 in the world

Nah, not a disaster. I’d put us as 60:40 favourites based on both sides current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Nah, not a disaster. I’d put us as 60:40 favourites based on both sides current form.

Will you leave it out he’s setting out his stall so he can come back later and beat the worn out drum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cowboy848

Scythica wrote: »
    Its funny, if you go on scrum5 or whatnot forums you'll see the Welsh think the exact same as us except the other way around. This fixture is possibly unique in rugby in the fact that home advantage seems to mean absolutely naff all

Speaking of forums you should check out the schools rugby thread on Planet Rugby Foum. Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Me nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Long way to go but this could be our best ever 6 nations. If we could a grand slam and at the same time build for world cup with invaluable experience for porter, ryan, leavy, conan, farrell, stockdale and larmour at the same time that is some tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Can’t believe we got a TBP and Wales got NOTHING!!!

I was in the Aviva - half cut! But we got a TBP and Wales got NOTHING!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

So ireland beat Scotland and england dont beat france and we win the title

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

5 points ahead of everyone else in the competition.

Win against Scotland, which isn't guaranteed, and we'd be at a minimum 4 points ahead of England going into St Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Results couldn't have gone better for us this weekend. Still over the moon with our result, few mistakes to iron out but that was 90% of a brilliant performance.

Oh Flower of Scotland, when will will see your likes again!
    Eddie- your boys took one hell of a beating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Clegg wrote: »
    5 points ahead of everyone else in the competition.

Win against Scotland, which isn't guaranteed, and we'd be at a minimum 4 points ahead of England going into St Patrick's Day.

we could be champs going over to England actually. A win for us vs Scotland and an England loss to France leaves this
    1 Ire 18/19 BP
    2 Eng 9/10BP
    3 Scot 8/9pts BP

Scotland could win it all potentially if they beat us

We need to win next day which is the main thing.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    we could be champs going over to England actually. A win for us vs Scotland and an England loss to France leaves this
    1 Ire 18/19 BP
    2 Eng 9/10BP
    3 Scot 8/9pts BP

Scotland could win it all potentially if they beat us

We need to win next day which is the main thing.

We don't even need England to lose. If we got a BP win and England don't get a BP win then we've won the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

We basically have two bites for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ireland and England to win without BPs in Round 4 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That would do very nicely. Having the championship wrapped up going to London would take some of the pressure off.

That said, Scotland are well suited to hitting us out wide where we’ve been weak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I can see us getting one against Scotland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Only changes I could see is Henderson (though Ryan and toner were imperious) and maybe sob(though leavy was phenomenal). The best thing about today was they consistently kept attacking for the entire game through phases and that we have more depth than we thought, notably Porter,Farrell and leavy. But with the options coming back, Ireland are a hard team to plan against now.

The fitness required to play our game is painful to even imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Two superb games today - Wales really put us to the test and we answered them with aplomb. I am now quietly confident that this will be our year!

With the panel we have to choose from it’s going to take a complete disaster in two weeks time to stop us.

And sincere congratulations to Scotland - they more than deserve that win.

Only changes I could see is Henderson (though Ryan and toner were imperious) and maybe sob(though leavy was phenomenal). The best thing about today was they consistently kept attacking for the entire game through phases and that we have more depth than we thought, notably Porter,Farrell and leavy. But with the options coming back, Ireland are a hard team to plan against now.

There is no way SOB should just walk back into the team imo. Henderson and Furlong will come in I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

There is no way SOB should just walk back into the team imo. Henderson and Furlong will come in I'm sure.
    I'm not suggesting he will but he might bash his way into the team in training, that's if he can get fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If SOB is fit, he is picked imo. He is a level or two above all our other backrow players, and is in the Murray-Sexton-Furlong category for me.

Mad that James Ryan has more caps for Ireland than he does for Leinster. He looks so comfortable at International level.

If SOB is fit, he is picked imo. He is a level or two above all our other backrow players, and is in the Murray-Sexton-Furlong category for me.

It would entirely be a reputation pick and it would be wrong imo. He hasn't shown anything like being that sort of player since the Lions tour which is ancient history at this point. Leavy certainly deserves his place after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Synode wrote: »
    Mad that James Ryan has more caps for Ireland than he does for Leinster. He looks so comfortable at International level.
    He has more Leinster appearances.

Buer wrote: »
    He has more Leinster appearances.

You're right. Wikipedia Leinster caps hasn't bee updated since Oct

• Advertisement

It's pretty incredible how good Porter was today. Has made the step up to international rugby at TH after a handful of games. You could easily have forgiven him for getting a doing over in the scrum today but he was rock solid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement