Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Its matchday- so it can mean the return of the one and only gif!!!
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Jesus christ particularly. Really gets high up there.

Not a great player. Seen the ball go through his hands too many times.

Try_harder wrote: »
    Its matchday- so it can mean the return of the one and only gif!!!
    giphy.gif

Prefer her other .gif tbh.

splash, splash.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,232 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

mfceiling wrote: »
    Not a great player. Seen the ball go through his hands too many times.
    Eamon! Is that really you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Missing seeing the game:(.,,...it will be on Radio 1 won’t it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Very quite around here... thread in progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

andymx11 wrote: »

Pre-match nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Rumours Sexton is out.

Of the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

andymx11 wrote: »

Everyone is over n d Weather forum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

No idea how the conversation has gone this way. People are smoking very bizarre stuff these days. If we are closer to Warrenball it will be a massive, massive improvement over our attacking performance in Paris, which was dire.

There's no shame in employing tactics which favour possession over expansiveness, when it works. It didn't.

In blaming wine for the ****e I posted myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

its going to be hard to win farrell porter james ryan stockdale and leavy are very green, and on the bench roux and mcfadden will offer very little. they actually show that our much spoke depth is nonsense.
    we will not beat england so lose today and its mid table scenario.
    given we are told the 6 nations is our bread and butter, lose today and the media will begin to crank up the pressure on schmidt. and as can be seen by his performance the last 2 weeks, schmidt dont handle media pressure too well.

schmidt needs a win today or the knives will be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

its going to be hard to win farrell porter james ryan stockdale and leavy are very green, and on the bench roux and mcfadden will offer very little. they actually show that our much spoke depth is nonsense.
    given we are told the 6 nations is our bread and butter, lose today and the media will begin to crank up the pressure on schmidt. and as can be seen by his performance the last 2 weeks, schmidt dont handle media pressure too well.

This rubbish seems eerily familiar. Do you have a knife shop that you're trying to drum up business for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I am also looking forward to the match and hope the team play well and win.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

On your first point - all of the players are green. It’s kinda their uniform.

On your second point - you have clearly missed some of Fergs recent performances for Leinster.

On the rest of your post: :rolleyes:

dub_skav wrote: »
    This rubbish seems eerily familiar. Do you have a knife shop that you're trying to drum up business for?

dont be so defensive, i am sure ireland will win but then again what if they dont.
    the pressure seems to be getting to quite a few here too.
    as many have posted here, ireland are no 3 in the world, we have the greatest coach in modern rugby, we have the best 9 and 10 in the world.
    How can we lose?
    What if we lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

dont be so defensive, i am sure ireland will win but then again what if they dont.
    as many have posted here, ireland are no 3 in the world, we have the greatest coach in modern rugby, we have the best 9 and 10 in the world.
    How can we lose?
    What if we lose?

If their pack won't give us the ball then our 9 and 10 might as well be Laurel and Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

come on Ireland

let's stuff these red lads

if we are too lose , a lbp and an England loss would be ok, last day could end up being 2015 all over again (what a paddys day that would be)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Mcfadden will offer very littl

Fads is an experienced international and would have some of the highest System Joe hours of anyone in the squad.

Do you just keep the knives line in your copy and paste window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

We have to win, a loss is going to be bad..not count dookoo bad.... but we shouldn't be losing to Wales at home if we realistically want to win the 6n

i never seen it so jittery on here, its going to be fun either way.

• Advertisement

Thinking about what I want to see in the first 10 minutes. I’d like to see us send play into the Welsh half and keep it there. No overplaying leading to Welsh penalties, no mistakes from their exits, no sloppy set pieces, maybe even lots of extremely bad refereeing in our favour.

Don’t want to see any first phase Welsh ball in our half for the first 40 minutes please, thanks very much indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Don’t want to see any first phase Welsh ball in our half for the first 40 minutes please, thanks very much indeed.

Don’t ask for much, do you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

We have to win, a loss is going to be bad..not count dookoo bad....

Will the forks be out so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

On the bus from hell from Clane!

I miss my train

stephen_n wrote: »
    Don’t ask for much, do you?

As a great prophet once said, shoot for the stars so that if you fall you land on a cloud.

• Administrators Posts: 53,444 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can someone start a match thread please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

How can we lose?
    What if we lose?

I do enjoy your posts. They always make me chuckle. It's a shame we don't see as much from you when Ireland win.

I like the fact that you have ridiculously high standards. Unbeaten in 9 matches (I think) but one loss and Schmidt should fear for his job. As an ABs fan I agree with this sort of exacting standard. I expect the ABs to win every match and when they don't, the coaches should be tarred and feathered and the players flogged.

I do disagree with a couple of your points though. Barrett and Smith are the best 9 and 10 in the world. Hansen is the greatest coach in modern rugby. And Schmidt handles the media very well. It's the media who struggle with Schmidt.

count dookoo has succesfully predicted 225 of the last 4 Irish disastrous results.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Try_harder wrote: »
    On the bus from hell from Clane!

I miss my train

Waiting on that bus I think. Taking an age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

The first score is vital for Ireland to settle the nerves.

I call it 50/50 but odds ever so slightly in Ireland's favour with home advantage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement