Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

stephenl15 wrote: »
    stephenl15 (Edgar) vs Vettle (Diaz)
    Weight Division: Lightweight
    Winner: stephenl15

stephenl15 (Lineker) vs Vettle (Almeida)
    Weight Division: Bantamweight

Good fights bud

I'd say they were the fights against me Stephen were they ? Unless me and vettel used the exact same fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'd say they were the fights against me Stephen were they ? Unless me and vettel used the exact same fighters

Ahhh maybe so, sorry about that. It's tough with all the different usernames :P I'll edit that now if i still can. Then I'm wrong on the group aswell for my final fight.

stephenl15 (Edgar) vs Vettle (Diaz)

stephenl15 (Lineker) vs Vettle (Almeida)

Good fights bud

Sorry Axwell that fight is between myself and Walter.White, not Vettel. I'm an awful eejit.

Amended below:

stephenl15 (Edgar) vs Walter.white (Diaz)

stephenl15 (Lineker) vs Walter.white(Almeida)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This still going ahead? Still have two fights left but no sign of the fourth guy in our group.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

His gamertag was wrong on here. Sent him a pm on boards but then was some issue with it when he did get back so seems he wont be playing. Dunno if all the fights in the other group were played either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I still have to fight Richie, will message him later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Are any of you lads on xbox one? I don't have this but might pick it up

Hefty patch released. Geoff said it's the biggest change to the meta yet, absolute ton of gameplay changes. Check his Twitter for details Geoff Harrower.

New fighters as well.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/989551821541683200?s=19

Axwell wrote: »
    His gamertag was wrong on here. Sent him a pm on boards but then was some issue with it when he did get back so seems he wont be playing. Dunno if all the fights in the other group were played either?

I've 1 more to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Games an awful lot slower after the patch, feels like everyone is stuck in the mud

Any sort of evasive movements are really taxing on stamina as well, a lot harder to get away from button mashers

Lads I'd say kick off the semis, whoever is the top 2 in each group. Axwel sound good?

Also, season 2 has begun today, leaderboards reset in ranked and UT. They said they are giving people a it reward peck but I didn't see it. If you made GOAT in career, there is a goat pack waiting for ye, 4 silver balanced cafs and 10k coins. Silver fighters are redundant at this stage but at least I can make a custom roster now.

That’s brilliant! :D

Great to see footwork as his best striking stat, they know the craic...

Buffer360.gif

Found out on reddit how to unlock him, it’s definitely not something you’ll do by accident so I’ll post it up here:
    Go into Tournament Mode Name it Bruce Buffer Strict Weight Class Middleweight Autofill Fighters Press start Bruce Buffer will replace a Fighter Win the tournament as Bruce Buffer

Copied and pasted from r/EASportsUFC

Summer camp ultimate team is live, devs basically trying to fix their created fighter complaints. Solo challenges to unlock specific styles/moves for your created fighter and subverting about votes for the next 4 weeks.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3/news/summer-training-camp-event?ts=1526333491872&cid=46471#__prclt=Bl0bpmbb

Awesome prize of flights to Vegas, tickets to UFC 226, spending money and more. Youth to us, Canada, UK and fecking Ireland! Fill out form, start career in Dana White, submit clip of winning 1st champ fight and you're entered.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/999120502915383296?s=19

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Awesome prize of flights to Vegas, tickets to UFC 226, spending money and more. Youth to us, Canada, UK and fecking Ireland! Fill out form, start career in Dana White, submit clip of winning 1st champ fight and you're entered.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/999120502915383296?s=19

So doing this :D
    (Note: 1 winner from the UK/Ireland and 5 winners from USA/Canada)
    ffs

went to submit, apparently i'm ineligible

So doing this :D

Well I tried to enter a few times and bring your I'm ineligible, same with another Irish guy Twitter. Hope EA sort it out.

Changed to not include Ireland :(

• Advertisement

Ah ffs, I was two fights away from the belt with Dana, on Legendary too.

Vegas is too hot in July anyway, I’ll keep telling myself that to make me feel better. :(

Changed to not include Ireland :(

*****!

Been dead in here and looks like the league/tourney fell apart but wait.... There is an iconic announcement tomorrow. Along with a patch that is changing a lot of mechanics like adding rematch ability to quick fights online (about damn time), stand and bang and ko mode can be done online and you can dive straight into knocked down opponents now. Lots more.

Hoping the announcement will be a revamp of ultimate team...

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/1013845019256487941?s=19

Surely it’s the Artem Lobov Super DLC Special Pack, with 110% more Artem?

Probably just another useless limited edition UT pack that costs 100k coins.

Patch is live, loads of moves added like the ankle pick. Legend fighters added as well, all very powerful.
    Kimbo Slice
    Crocop
    Tito Ortiz
    Wandy
    Matt Serra

New update is called Icon Edition you can buy (free update for current owners). Mighty Mouse is now on the cover, they were never happy with Conor on it anyway. The legends are class, check out this crazy glitch :pac:

I read that Ultimate Team has a new Icons campaign so have it a go. There was a free basic UT pack and free icons pack. An icon pack had a puzzle piece, complete the puzzle and unlock an icon fighter or move.

In the solo challenges, the icon campaign has you fight the icons with different challenges. The absolute best part is the challenges are now tracked in game., Counts the second you have to hold a position and if that objective is complete. Counts strikes as well. This alone had me interested in it.

Only did a few fights, my UT team currently sucks cuz I never spent good time with UT this year but this has me interested again. Some brilliant additions to mechanics, seeing some class moves and transitions, more animations has given out a fresh look as well.

Nope UT is still shyte. Finished icons challenges, really easy and enough pieces to unlock 2 icons. Got Tate and Hughes, both grapplers, ugh. Will never use them. Then I saw you can level up icons making better versions of them by trading multiple same fighters. So, collect pieces, unlock a random fighter, try collect multiples of that fighter, i think about 10+ to upgrade them fully. But from what I can see, I can only get more pieces from icon packs which you have to buy.

****....right.....off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Many of you lads playing this?

I played a heap of UFC 2 and I’m only getting into this now.

Only played friendly matches online so far and I’m getting murdered.. getting used to the button changes is the toughest thing for me.. getting killed on the ground too.

Only played the solo things in Ultimate Team so far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Still playing it but mostly just online ranked, gave up playing UT after a few weeks of it being out. Not a fan of real fighters being in it and the way they have done it this time.

Whats your gamertag, probably have you on there already but will add you if not for a few scraps.

Advertisement