Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp he's sound out and he had to deal with she awful eejits and just Odin weirdos. He has a Dev talk coming up about the rpm tech in this. His talk on the ground game from UFC 2 was excellent, good insight into game development.

Model updates coming in the patch as well. Ortega was shown off last night, huge difference seeing as he used to look like a grown up Stewie Griffin.

444695.jpg

444697.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone having any issues with UFC 200 solo challenges? On some challenges I win by KO or TKO but its not marked as complete when the fight is finished. Such bs. Specifically when one where you're Anderson Silva v DC and Edgar v Also. Both on hard

• Advertisement

Patch is due out later today. Approximately 50 changes, updated models and rumours of new fighters.

Some of the changes below, a lot of these are game changing. Apparently, the biggest change is a surprise that will be announced today or wait until patch goes live. I have highlighted the ones that interest me most.

• Fixed unblock-able strike after an active knockdown, getup, or catch kick counter
    • Force denial to sprawl on takedown attempts from the clinch.
    • Reduced AI tendency to check leg kicks.
    • Tune takedown speed and ranges
    • Remove the free strike in Side Control after a takedown.
    • Added the ability to queue takedowns and clinch attempts after strikes and slips, and make those transitions able to interrupt the recovery frames sooner.
    • Reduced AI grappling transition frequency following grapple denials.
    • Reduced Ai tendency to throw strikes from poor grappling positions.
    • Tuned block to come up quicker when switching between High and Low block.
    • Add momentum advantage off bottom crucifix transition cancel to give more escape options.
    • Added a long term stamina penalty any time you get rocked or knocked down.
    • Add counter damage bonus to back lunge evasion.
    • Reduced range on Iminari Roll.
    • Tuned the impact of grapple ratings on transition speeds, bringing them more in line with what they were in UFC 2.
    • Add a small amount of side head vulnerability to forward moving strikes.
    • Tuned AI to throw more standing strikes and fewer moving strikes.
    • Remove grapple advantage when holding block in single collar.
    • Reduce general AI aggression on the feet.
    • Added Justin Gaethje signature block to his AI.
    Some other info mentioned on a stream last night:

The swaying strikes are now much slower and have higher stamina tax on whiffed strikes or blocks strikes.

Swaying strikes apparently have higher vulerablity

Breaking block will be much easier. So you can probably break the block with 2-3-4 strikes.

Change to health regen during health events. It gets progressively worse.
    GPD noted this will be one of the more important ones to know before the patch drops.

Intercept frames on slipping strikes are shorter. So blocks should be able to come up quicker. Related to 2 free shots after a slip.

Increased the damage on single strike slip counters.

No more double uppercut after slip, you can only throw one now.

Double legs have reduced range. Cannot shoot out of kicking range.

TD speed scales with distance.

Forward moving strikes have side head vulnerability.

Reworked stopping power for jabs and straights. Less stopping power in elbow range.

KDs and Rocks are tuned to become less frequent.

More finish the fight KDs, less out cold KOs

Damage mullifying. (Landing first muffles their strike during exchanges).

Whoever lands first is in much better vulnerability state.

Within 1 hours of the release of the patch. A live tuner set will be released, which contains things like:
    More vulnerability on oblique kicks, knees, and subs easier to defend.

New animation spoilers

New overhand animation, forward moving back slip, Silva has his old taunts back, & max holloaay signature switch step lunge,

Custom combos for new fighters

Big patch surprise coming today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

All really positive stuff there - great to see them being pretty active on making improvements.

Cant wait for them to annoucne that surprise is Artem!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can’t wait to try out Saki online. I know he’s only had a couple of MMA fights but he really should have the highest striking attributes in the game, or top 3 at least. One of the greatest kickboxers of all time.

Ref interaction has been added! End of video one.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/970728852879101953?s=19

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/970730375839301632?s=19

There's are a part 3 but can't seem to find it.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/970732209232519168?s=19

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/970727423405801472?s=19

Looks so class
    3Rn60bS.gif

JmXpbmT.gif

One more from Dev.

"Also reduced the number of strikes before the ref jumps in.

And make TKO's way more frequent and the walk off KOs less frequent."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was just going through the stats of the new fighters and Gokhan Saki has a lower grapple rating than CM Punk!

I mean yeah he has very little training in that area but come on. :eek:

Anyone ruse not get their 2 premium packs from deluxe edition this week? They usually come in Sunday. Checking psn store to see how many we get again, it doesn't mention any, just you get 3000 UFC points, I only got 500.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I didnt get any packs either this weekend. 500 points also sounds about right from memory, would need to check how much packs were to remind me of what i used but i recall spending 2x200 and 1x100 or something similar.

Yeah, checking it elsewhere and 500 is right, supposed to get 20 packs over 10 weeks. The UI improvements for UT in the patch look just to be the reward viewer for challenges. I thought they would at least add a counter in game for the challenges. So good kicking ai legs though and the takedowns from combos are so slick, makes grappling viable. I heard the ground game has be nerfed a bit and easier to escape. Haven't tried it much but people using Khabib don't seem happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Quick question, if I have the Off The Back perk (Increases submission offence attribute by +5 in a bottom sub) and I already have 100 for submission offence, is the perk wasted as I'm already at the max? Or does it give me in effect 105 for submission?

Good question, I was thinking the same during career. I had some stats at 100 and want sure if the perks that increased it were useless or added extra bonus.

clsmooth wrote: »
    Quick question, if I have the Off The Back perk (Increases submission offence attribute by +5 in a bottom sub) and I already have 100 for submission offence, is the perk wasted as I'm already at the max? Or does it give me in effect 105 for submission?

Asked a Dev and he said Power is the only stat that can be raised above 100 with perks. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Asked a Dev and he said Power is the only stat that can be raised above 100 with perks. Interesting.

Cheers! Guess it’s a question of choosing power perks then or ones that take -5 off the opponent for certain strikes

Someone took my 'creating spiderman' video on youtube, put different music over it and reposted as their own, getting 6000 views. Thieving ****, what kind of sad bastards are out there at all.

Anyway, for the PS4 tourney, we habe:

Myself
    Axwell
    Stephenl15
    Martyos121
    Akelly02

Anyone else up for it?

Axwell, what were you saying about the format again?

I was saying if we had enough that having 2 groups would be better and fight everyone twice.
    Sort of like the champions league in football.

At least then we each get a few fights not just one and done if you lose your first. Then top 2 of each group or whatever number go through and then do a semi final and final.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Someone took my 'creating spiderman' video on youtube, put different music over it and reposted as their own, getting 6000 views. Thieving ****, what kind of sad bastards are out there at all.

Anyway, for the PS4 tourney, we habe:

Myself
    Axwell
    Stephenl15
    Martyos121
    Akelly02

Anyone else up for it?

Axwell, what were you saying about the format again?

Im sure Vettel will play too. I know him on psn he posted a few times here.

Thats proper loudy about the spiderman video. You should message them about it and tell them to take it down or you are suing them for copyright infringment just to put the ****s up them

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I'll play too lads, Psn Damok21

We'll have 8 if we can get one more. Can do the 2 groups then, get it kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Apologies, I'm a bit late to the party. Put me down for the tourney if ye have not already started.

Excellent, we have 7 confirmed now. Axwell can you message Vettel. Once we have 8 confirmed, will make the groups.

Will message him and ask him today. I wont be able to play probably till next Wednesday but from then on im good to go.

New patch in the works. Ton of complaints online about the last patch so they are making quick changes.

Slightly good news - you can now create a gold 3 star caf choosing your style of choice.

****ty news - new Paddy's Day packs live for the next 4 days. You can find a clover leaf card in them. You can convert 4 leaves to a four leaf clover and then you need 16 four leaf clovers to make 1 caf. Are you ****ing joking me. Then you would go online and face 4 & 5 star champs who would wipe the floor with you.

So you need to find 64 leaf cards over the next 4 days. I used my UFC points to buy a pack, yupp, no leaf card, just a ****ty bronze fighter and gold perk. **** this.

Word that the patch is live now with none other than Dana ****ing White added to LHW :pac:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/974336238495780864?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Yeah, patch is out lads! DL just started on my ps4

Advertisement