Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian Refugees

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    What way do you want them to fit in exactly? What do you think they should do differently?

Well to realise that Irish people eat pork,drink alcohol so dont start complaining when you see it in supermarkets. Many many cases of Muslim workers suing employers for having them work with either product. Cases in areas where Muslims want alcohol to be separated in supermarkets. There are many more examples of them wanting to change the country they move to, like wanting to stop people having dogs as pets, wanting pig farmers to stop rearing pigs, wanting to introduce Sharia Law, wanting to have their own state within the country.
    You may laugh but you have to look at the bigger picture & look at other countries to see what can happen in Ireland.

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Well to realise that Irish people eat pork,drink alcohol so dont start complaining when you see it in supermarkets. Many many cases of Muslim workers suing employers for having them work with either product. Cases in areas where Muslims want alcohol to be separated in supermarkets. There are many more examples of them wanting to change the country they move to, like wanting to stop people having dogs as pets, wanting pig farmers to stop rearing pigs, wanting to introduce Sharia Law, wanting to have their own state within the country.
    You may laugh but you have to look at the bigger picture & look at other countries to see what can happen in Ireland.

Have any of these things happened in Ireland?
    No.
    So do you have any actual real suggestions of how you think they should integrate? Seeing as how these things don't actually happen here?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Have any of these things happened in Ireland?
    No.
    So do you have any actual real suggestions of how you think they should integrate? Seeing as how these things don't actually happen here?

Are you serious? Do you think we will be lucky that the ones we get will be different from all the others??

Well we already have one telling us what to do

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/muslim-leader-ali-selim-urges-media-to-avoid-linking-attacks-to-islam-1.2735229

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/muslim-leader-calls-for-introduction-of-hate-crime-laws-1.2642644

The cultural centre in Clonskeagh has links to the Muslim Brotherhood, 120 from Ireland went to fight for ISIS, what happens if any return? We already have a IS network in Ireland, of which the leader we haven't been allowed to deport
    Hoping we will get the goods ones in idiotic & dangerous. I hate this whole " we have to live with a terror threat because its just how things are " BS

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The one ISIS suicide bomber that we do know came from Ireland was born and raised an Irish Catholic Terrence Kelly from The Liberties in Dublin who was nurse.

Joined ISIS and blew himself up.

The one ISIS suicide bomber that we do know came from Ireland was born and raised an Irish Catholic Terrence Kelly from The Liberties in Dublin who was nurse.

Joined ISIS and blew himself up.

Yes & what joins all the terrorists together?? Islam
    If 120 went from Ireland to join ISIS from a Muslim population of 63,000 maybe we already have a problem or will have when these people return

• Advertisement

Yes & what joins all the terrorists together?? Islam
    If 120 went from Ireland to join ISIS from a Muslim population of 63,000 maybe we already have a problem or will have when these people return

No not Islam....Nut jobs all over the world are killing/murdering innocents from the 6 Counties to the West Bank to Myanmar to Nepal to Kashmir in the name of Religion by the few not by the majority.

If lots of ifs.

No not Islam.... Religious fundamentalism Nut jobs all over the world from the 6 Counties to the West Bank to Myanmar to Nepal to Kashmir people are being murdered in the name of Religion by the few not by the majority.

If lots of ifs.

Well at the minute in Europe it is only in the name of Islam that people are killing.

Well at the minute in Europe it is only in the name of Islam that people are killing.

And you said it yourself in the name of Islam It's not Islam that is killing people it is nutjobs justifying their murdering using their religion for their own bloodthirsty reasons.

And you said it yourself in the name of Islam It's not Islam that is killing people it is nutjobs justifying their murdering using their religion for their own bloodthirsty reasons.

Yes but until theres a change in Islam & the Muslim community nothings going to change. Heres a very interesting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6CD9yoF50&t=379s

Yes but until theres a change in Islam & the Muslim community nothings going to change. Heres a very interesting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6CD9yoF50&t=379s

What change become Christian, Hindu, Buddhist ?

• Advertisement

What change become Christian, Hindu, Buddhist ?

No to realise the Quran is just a book & not the word of God & that life is more important than death

So 1.8 billion people should give up their faith because you say it's just a book and not the word of their God.

What about the 2.2 billion Christians should they do the same or the 1.1 billion followers of Hinduism or the followers of Buddhism.

Let's give up on a faiths and just follow Capitalism that done us all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

maccored wrote: »
    "a 2nd generation "Refugee" from" - in otherwords not a refugee but a british citizen born in the UK. Give it up. You are tarring a ton of people with the same big ugly brush, all because you dont seem to have any concept of democracy or how and why ireland is taking in refugees. You sound like a tabloid newspaper headline

So as long as you feel all warm and fuzzy up on your high horse then the rest of us can be looked down on with your jaded moral superiority- it's the like of you has this whole continent in the danger it's in from this lot (Muslims), you wouldn't care if they wiped the lot of us out (which is their aim) so long as you get to wave the old racist card.
    Put it to a referendum so if you want to see democracy, you'll get your answer. Wonder how you'd feel if it was your daughter, sister, or mother murdered? Just collateral damage to you I guess.

They're all Muslims though...funny that isn't it?

So 1.8 billion people should give up their faith because you say it's just a book and not the word of their God.

What about the 2.2 billion Christians should they do the same or the 1.1 billion followers of Hinduism or the followers of Buddhism.

Let's give up on a faiths and just follow Capitalism that done us all good.

I never said give up their faith. Christians had a reformation & the majority know the bible is a book of stories not a guide how to live your life.
    Over 100 verses in the Quran call Muslims to war with the unbelievers
    most verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not necessarily restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text

They can pray or not pray to whoever they want but if they believe that a book is the word of God & in it it says to kill the unbeliever do you think they wont?

If all Imam's were like Imam Tawhidi Islam would be in a better place. He has been trying to tell the Australian government for a few years that they have a serious problem. Here he is talking after the Manchester bombing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRPzkB5mr1U

I never said give up their faith. Christians had a reformation & the majority know the bible is a book of stories not a guide how to live your life.
    Over 100 verses in the Quran call Muslims to war with the unbelievers
    most verses of violence in the Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not necessarily restrained by historical context contained in the surrounding text

They can pray or not pray to whoever they want but if they believe that a book is the word of God & in it it says to kill the unbeliever do you think they wont?

I don't see 1.8 billion followers of Islam killing people but according to Observatory for Human Rights around hundred thousand nutjobs if that around the world doing it.

So you want 1.8 billion people to change their belief in their faith because of 100 thousand nutjobs.

I don't see 1.8 billion followers of Islam killing people but according to Observatory for Human Rights around hundred thousand nutjobs if that around the world doing it.

So you want 1.8 billion people to change their belief in their faith because of 100 thousand nutjobs.

Its not changing their religion though....its waking up & realising its 2017. Anyone living their life by a book of the past will never fit into western society no matter anyone wants it

Its not changing their religion though....its waking up & realising its 2017. Anyone living their life by a book of the past will never fit into western society no matter anyone wants it

Yes....Yes it is.

Yes....Yes it is.

There are a lot of Muslims saying the same thing
    Check out the video I posted #77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Lads and ladies in yizer wisdom yiz voted in pro immigration pro refugee politicians so why the surprise now when they are implementing exactly what they promised they would do when looking for votes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Right, everyone, warnings for racism and personal abuse being issued. Please do not make racist comments on this thread . i have a big ban stick and will use it

But this applies to all religions.
    Do you have a problem with people being religious or is it just Muslims you have the problem with?

Right, everyone, warnings for racism and personal abuse being issued. Please do not make racist comments on this thread . i have a big ban stick and will use it

What "racist" comments were made? I love how that loaded word is constantly bandied about by those who want to shut down debates completely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Presumably a hell of a lot better than where they've come from I'd imagine. The aim is to provide refugees safety and the ability to integrate not to set them up in a bachelor pad.

Interestingly some of our own citizens are already stuck in this position and burdened with a heavy debt and inability to improve their position. You make the most of what you have not look for someone else to improve this for you. Why bring refugees and set them up on our already rife welfare lifestyle. I'm all for helping btw but to automatically assume you,I or anyone else deserves better is wrong imo.
    I really wish people would educate themselves on facts before they make their racist comments.

Ireland pays into a European refugee fund.

That fund in turn pays all relevant costs involved in resettlement.

Syria, before the war, was a relatively prosperous and modern country. The level of education would match Ireland. In terms of religion it was secular and many paid lip service to religion, much like over here.

Most refugees will have been well off, well educated people. They will take a while to integrate into Irish society, but fairly quickly most will be employed and having a positive effect on society.

In terms of social welfare, they have "pre-clearance" as refugees, hence they are treated as any European citizen and entitled to normal entitlements - and this is paid from European funds.

I welcome them wholeheartedly.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I really wish people would educate themselves on facts before they make their racist comments.

Syria, before the war, was a relatively prosperous and modern country. The level of education would match Ireland. In terms of religion it was secular and many paid lip service to religion, much like over here.

Most refugees will have been well off, well educated people. They will take a while to integrate into Irish society, but fairly quickly most will be employed and having a positive effect on society.

In terms of social welfare, they have "pre-clearance" as refugees, hence they are treated as any European citizen and entitled to normal entitlements - and this is paid from European funds.

Lol. It'll all be sugar plums and fairies with a happy ever after for everyone...
    The level of self righteous delusion is incredible. Once again "racist" is bandied about like confetti with no actual evidence of anything racist being said

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Can you back up any of those comments with actual facts? And when you say "welcome them", how much of your income are you willing to give away to help them?

This has really given me a giggle on a wet Saturday afternoon....another one who believes we will get Doctors/Surgeons/Unicorns :rolleyes:
    Something tells me we will get the ones like this
    https://policehour.co.uk/2017/01/brave-sunderland-woman-speaks-out-following-kidnap-gang-rape-and-brutal-attack/

Well lets hope nothing like Manchester happens over here because it sounds like we would be fcuked

http://www.newstalk.com/Security-expert-warns-Ireland-would-struggle-after-terror-attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

As an aside, we have 2,700 homeless children and 5000 homeless adults.

http://www.thejournal.ie/homeless-figures-2-3409364-May2017/

Who gets priority in your fluffy utopia? Refugees or homeless children?. Serious question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement