Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Bit of movement at the boom time proposed hospital, area scraped back and cleared. Any one hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bit of movement at the boom time proposed hospital, area scraped back and cleared. Any one hear anything?

Seriously? Man about time, biggest eyesore around. Wonder if the land was sold or the site is now worth the cost of ripping down all that framework and redeveloping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Well I don't think the 'Priority Clinic' ( the one where everything from heart surgery to having your corns pared ) is going ahead, could be wrong though ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Does anyone know what’s happening at the old Capital Cars site?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

medoc wrote: »
    Does anyone know what’s happening at the old Capital Cars site?

Fitzpatrick’s Hyundai are going into it.

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Fitzpatrick’s Hyundai are going into it.

Have they sold their site out at the Axis Park?

The big open area? Not sure but that is being developed so if they owned that, i would presume so

I didn't hear that they had. Was actually surprised to hear it was them who were going into Capital Cars. Great to see such an eyesore coming into the town cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Isn't Nissan in Axsis and Hyundai on Church Road where they look fairly cramped?

Nissan are in Burlington business park

I think you mean Opel and Renault, they actually bought part of the side beside them for a forecourt. Another extension being done at the back of the showrooms as well - new workshops. Don't know why they didn't do them when they were doing the new showrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Isn't Hyundai besides Kelly's Toymaster? Opel and Renault are further down the road. You are right about Nissan, is there someone else in Axis?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Nissan are in Burlington business park

I think you mean Opel and Renault, they actually bought part of the side beside them for a forecourt. Another extension being done at the back of the showrooms as well - new workshops. Don't know why they didn't do them when they were doing the new showrooms.

I was in there showrooms last week. You could barely move they had them full of cars bumper to bumper and very little in the way of brochures.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Can anybody recommend the best place in town for a spicebag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

what used to be apache, is now mizzoni/ china dragon, get satay sauce with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Selection isn't great there I am afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AddisonD

Hello everyone,
    I am moving to Cornalour, Rahan very soon ( if my solicitor ever gets up off his arse ) and wondered if anyone lives in that community can give me an example of the available internet speed. I am a photographer and need to send images to clients rapidly on request so will need to plan accordingly.
    Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just wondering anyone know of a place in tullamore/mullingar/athlone or nearby do a nice luxurious pedicure ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mullingar - Beautique
    Tullamore - Opium

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Guys, anyone know where I could get a bottle of Advocat in Tullamore? Tried a couple of offlicence already with no luck.

Tullamore not great drinks wise, did you try carry out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Yea, they only got in eight bottles. Sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Drinks wise? It can't even provide electricity on Christmas Day?!

Power cuts from Srah and Clonminch substations.

How is this possible in this day and age? Surely there's load balancing or whatever methodology they use to safeguard a grid.

An Ri rua wrote: »

How is this possible in this day and age? Surely there's load balancing or whatever methodology they use to safeguard a grid.

I'm a carpenter so I wouldn't have a clue.
    In fairness that's a balls but the esb lads on the ground are fairly prompt at getting power back. Did you check the website for estimated time?
    Balls if anyone has food cooking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'm a carpenter so I wouldn't have a clue. In fairness that's a balls but the esb lads on the ground are fairly prompt at getting power back. Did you check the website for estimated time? Balls if anyone has food cooking

Luckily I called to a house on my travels and have one Christmas dinner down already :D
    Hopefully back by 4 or 5 latest; in time for the main one. power check says 6pm but hopefully that's worst estimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Balls with the electricity today

Ms

Anyone here know when Hyundai Tullamore are moving into their new showrooms?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Anyone here know when Hyundai Tullamore are moving into their new showrooms?

I presume Fitzy’s are moving in to the old Capital Cars Showrooms as I see its under renovation. They were supposed to be building a place out in the axis years ago but that’s all off now I guess. Hopefully the old Coens site is redeveloped soon.

Ms

I presume Fitzy’s are moving in to the old Capital Cars Showrooms as I see its under renovation. They were supposed to be building a place out in the axis years ago but that’s all off now I guess. Hopefully the old Coens site is redeveloped soon.

Yes that is what's supposed to be happening. Will be a much better site for them than the one they are currently in.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

New wood fired pizza place opening up in March on harbour street.

Can't believe nobody else in town does wood fired

• Advertisement

New wood fired pizza place opening up in March on harbour street.

Can't believe nobody else in town does wood fired

Great news. The food offering in town isn't too bad these days. Good choices in the main food type areas.

Advertisement