Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

I see apache is gone and there's a screen 7 in place where the ticket/shop was upstairs in cinema

apache gone because they werent paying suppliers. The place was doing very well but the chinese have massive gambling problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

There's always a huge amount of them outside ladbrookes alright. Was going down to fbd yesterday and was shocked to see the same style place open just different names

There's always a huge amount of them outside ladbrookes alright. Was going down to fbd yesterday and was shocked to see the same style place open just different names

yea, the chinese is the same ,like same ingredients and everything.

Pizzas obviously different

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Best Pizza in Tullamore, just wondering what peps think.

I quite like Nino's myself but I haven't had pizza in a lot of places for a few years so I'm interested to know if there are good spots

Macaris in Market Square. Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Macaris in Market Square. Fantastic!

Do you know can you get green olives on the pizzas in there. I have been to a few takeaways that do pizza over the years and they don't have a choice with olives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Can anyone help recommend a good mechanic around tullamore who won't charge through the roof for a simple service... Independent more so than a garage...

Kuba in the tanyard?

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Do you know can you get green olives on the pizzas in there. I have been to a few takeaways that do pizza over the years and they don't have a choice with olives.

No I don't think so, in all the places I've had pizza, I've only ever seen black ones.

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Can anyone help recommend a good mechanic around tullamore who won't charge through the roof for a simple service... Independent more so than a garage...

John Connolly in Cappincur is €60 for a mini service, think it goes to €90 and up after that.

Kuba in the tanyard?

Is that the guys beside the colour yard or the andriy garage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Kuba in the tanyard?

Is that the guys beside the colour yard or the andriy garage...
    Beside colour yard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

andriy garage in the tanyard are reasonable and they are good.
    They will give you all the bad news on the car but will also tell you what you can "get away" with for the moment.

If there are complications with your car (needs investigation) and you can wait a bit they are very responsible

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Tullamore town is the top of the latest IBAL litter results. Big change from 4 or 5 years ago when we were shown to be the worst in the country. Really good for the town to be recognised for all the hard work and improvements.

http://www.ibal.ie/press_releases/2017/2017-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Really hope there is movement on this in the next year, the town center needs it badly

Town centre shopping complex still a runner
    http://www.tullamoretribune.ie/articles/news/60585

• Registered Users Posts: 15,591 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is there anywhere in the town that does piercings. Somewhere where they know what they are doing and do it hygienically and safely.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the town that does piercings. Somewhere where they know what they are doing and do it hygienically and safely.
    Vegas is there by supermacs?

Ms

Vegas is there by supermacs?

Thank you. Are they good? Might check them out when I am there again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Haven't had anything pierced in a few years but they did my tongue and it was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Really hope there is movement on this in the next year, the town center needs it badly

Town centre shopping complex still a runner
    http://www.tullamoretribune.ie/articles/news/60585

Yes the site is an eyesore. Be good to get something built there. Tullamore has fallen far behind the other midlands towns especially Portlaoise, hard to see it ever closing the gap.

See there is a lot of work going on at the old Capital Cars site today, wonder what's going in there?

Great to see another eyesore on the way into town being tidied up.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Haven't had anything pierced in a few years but they did my tongue and it was perfect

Was it sore? Have still got it pierced? Thank you.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Was it sore? Have still got it pierced? Thank you.
    No it wasn't too bad, def less sore than belly button or upper ears. Obviously it hurt a bit but it healed well. I still have it

Ms

No it wasn't too bad, def less sore than belly button or upper ears. Obviously it hurt a bit but it healed well. I still have it

That is good to hear. Oh I don,t think I could get my belly button done. Had on operation there a few years ago and don,t really have much of a belly button since that. Thats good. Cool.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

#eirlootlorry in the town in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Prince Albert?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Good thread. It's nice to see Tullamore picking up a bit. The Foxy Bean Café and the Lana Asian Street Food place are nice additions. Tullamore, like many towns in the country suffers from some macro economic problems:

-One off housing
    -poorly planned estates
    -the suburban retail park

There doesn't seem to be any effort to tackle these things at local or national level. Without action the future of small towns in general will remain tentative and Dublin will continue to hoover up the kids.

Ms

cgcsb wrote: »
    Prince Albert?

Where is that located?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Where is that located?

on the penis usually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Boardsies of Tullamore, I need a favour!

I have to get a photo of a shop on Henry St. A bit random, but If anyone will be around there over the weekend, could you send me a PM and I can give you some details?

I would be forever grateful...

• Advertisement

Send me a pm paddy if I can help I will

Advertisement