Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭medoc

Guill wrote: »
    It's an improvement but I think the finishing of it is terrible. If you look around lamp posts etc they didn't bother cutting the paving to suit, just filled it with tarmac. It really takes from the overall look for me. If you head up high street there are some spots that must be 0.5m square of tarmac. Looks lazy and cheap.

The traffic lights outside of Spar are another thing that gets me, leave them where they are and extend the pavement out, just looks bad.

I doubt that’s the finished surface there on high street. The old timber Esb poles will be removed and I presume paved over. Also around the new lighting poles will be tidied up.

I agree with you on the traffic lights. Hopefully they will move them.

I think overall it’s beginning to take good shape. Liking the extra room on the footpaths especially outside Lana. I hope they put up a proper bus shelter somewhere too.

Just a reminder the blood bank is in the Court Hotel Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If you can at all.... Give Blood

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

medoc wrote: »
    I doubt that’s the finished surface there on high street. The old timber Esb poles will be removed and I presume paved over. Also around the new lighting poles will be tidied up.

I agree with you on the traffic lights. Hopefully they will move them.

I think overall it’s beginning to take good shape. Liking the extra room on the footpaths especially outside Lana. I hope they put up a proper bus shelter somewhere too.

I’d say they have to fill in where the bits of tarmac are alright, they don’t finish it off at all. Same at the path to bank of ireland as you head to O’Connor square, the ramps up and down off the paths don’t look finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I see according to the Offaly free paper that the further information required for the proposed retail park across from the new lidl has been submitted to the council. There should be a decision one way or another around December 8th

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone able to tell me if there are any busses from Dublin city to Tullamore after 7:45pm? Can't seem to find any, but figure some locals might know. Just looking at renting there as it looks nice and there seems to be a fair few houses available, but ideally i'd like it if there was a later train/bus. Purely for when i get a pint or two after work, as i'd drive other times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me if there are any busses from Dublin city to Tullamore after 7:45pm? Can't seem to find any, but figure some locals might know. Just looking at renting there as it looks nice and there seems to be a fair few houses available, but ideally i'd like it if there was a later train/bus. Purely for when i get a pint or two after work, as i'd drive other times.

There should be a bus from Tullamore to Dublin at 8:30PM. How reliable that is do I do not know as I have never taking the bus that late up to Dublin.
    I have no idea about train times.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Last Galway train is 19.30 if I remember correctly. You’ll find it hard to get a late connection to Tullamore from Dublin on a bus I’d think. Tullamore is poorly served for late connections on bus or rail. Even one late Galway train departure would be better than nothing.

I see according to the Offaly free paper that the further information required for the proposed retail park across from the new lidl has been submitted to the council. There should be a decision one way or another around December 8th

Flanagan also got permission for the two units he wants to build beside Aldi and the NCT. Something seriously needs to be done with the old Texas/Tesco site now.

medoc wrote: »
    Flanagan also got permission for the two units he wants to build beside Aldi and the NCT. Something seriously needs to be done with the old Texas/Tesco site now.

Yep indeed, I head a rumour of a hotel complex in the pipeline for that site. Joint venture from Flanagan and Kane seemingly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Yep indeed, I head a rumour of a hotel complex in the pipeline for that site. Joint venture from Flanagan and Kane seemingly
    o

great... another hotel. however I doubt those two would become partners. they are too competitive with each other.

• Advertisement

o

great... another hotel. however I doubt those two would become partners. they are too competitive with each other.

Eh the 2 have already been confirmed by local press as the new owners of that site. TBH the town really could do with another hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

o

The joined together to keep another guy out I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

The joined together to keep another guy out I believe.

thanks. I wasnt aware that it was flanagan/kane. Thats an interesting turn of events!

thanks. I wasnt aware that it was flanagan/kane. Thats an interesting turn of events!

AFAIK Kane owns all entrances to that car park too. Paddy Field and DeBruins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thrilled to see the foxy bean back up and running.

Where does the best breakfast in Tullamore, Grennans have seemingly gone down hill, at least going by my Brother when he was home from Oz a few weeks back

Where does the best breakfast in Tullamore, Grennans have seemingly gone down hill, at least going by my Brother when he was home from Oz a few weeks back

Know a few people who go to Jenny's kitchen now that used to go grennans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

The new place 'The Square' beside the library do a nice one too.

Eh the 2 have already been confirmed by local press as the new owners of that site. TBH the town really could do with another hotel

They bought that a good while ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shanemib

Hi, is there anyone that plays some astro/5 a side that is looking for players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Back home the other day. They really have done a number on the town with all those road works. I can't imagine the business are too happy. Also another charity shop, what's that now? six in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,898 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jface187 wrote: »
    Back home the other day. They really have done a number on the town with all those road works. I can't imagine the business are too happy. Also another charity shop, what's that now? six in total.

Charity is big business.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Charity is big business.

And it's all cash ;)

Is it true that charity shops only have to make a small donation to charity each year to call themselves charity shops

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If commuting in the Dublin City, would i be better off parking somewhere along the way and getting a train/dart/bus? Office is around Connolly station, so traffic and parking would probably be a nightmare. Is there a park and ride type thing along the route? Looks like we got the rental we were looking at, and will be moving in at the start of next month. Just need to figure out the best (either quickest/cheapest) way to get into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I never needed to commute to Dublin but most people who I know use either train or bus. I think train to Heuston is probably the best option.

If commuting in the Dublin City, would i be better off parking somewhere along the way and getting a train/dart/bus? Office is around Connolly station, so traffic and parking would probably be a nightmare. Is there a park and ride type thing along the route? Looks like we got the rental we were looking at, and will be moving in at the start of next month. Just need to figure out the best (either quickest/cheapest) way to get into work.

Are you going to be living in Tullamore? You'll have to come out here for a round of golf some weekend.

Park in train station, you can pay daily weekly or monthly. It’s got a decent enough service, last train from heuston in evenings is 7:35 so if you work later then I’d suggest driving to Portarlington

I used to commute and for me parking at the Train station in Tullamore then train to Huestion, LUAS then to connely would be your best option. Train from Tullamore to Hueston takes around 55 mins most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭cgcsb

That's a serious commute. Train to Heuston then luas is best option. Kearns bus and the bus eireann 120 will take far too long.

Advertisement