Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

akelly02 wrote: »
    ive never seen anyone in that stovepipe blaze place

i got a pizza out of there once, tasted ok , was very thin though and was expensive

Went once, not long after it opened, service was dreadful, decor was awful and the pizza was so bland, never went back.
    Just looked shoddy and thrown together, using the same table and chairs from the previous tenant, not in keeping with the atmosphere they were going for.

Haven’t tried the new place but the pizzas look great and it’s getting great reviews.
    Captains house food is fab anyway so I’d imagine the same attention to detail has gone into the pizza place.

What Tullamore really needs is a decent Mexican place! Or a boojum!
    Or just somewhere that sells fresh, healthy take out food. Lovey place in Dubai called Zyng, fresh Asian cuisine, I still crave it!
    When you think about getting a takeaway on a Friday there are very few healthy fresh options available, Pizza, chipper, Chinese, Indian, that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Went once, not long after it opened, service was dreadful, decor was awful and the pizza was so bland, never went back.
    Just looked shoddy and thrown together, using the same table and chairs from the previous tenant, not in keeping with the atmosphere they were going for.

Haven’t tried the new place but the pizzas look great and it’s getting great reviews.
    Captains house food is fab anyway so I’d imagine the same attention to detail has gone into the pizza place.

What Tullamore really needs is a decent Mexican place! Or a boojum!
    Or just somewhere that sells fresh, healthy take out food. Lovey place in Dubai called Zyng, fresh Asian cuisine, I still crave it!
    When you think about getting a takeaway on a Friday there are very few healthy fresh options available, Pizza, chipper, Chinese, Indian, that’s it.

When its hangover we go chipper or chinese, when we go 'healthy' we go Lana !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Eddie B

When its hangover we go chipper or chinese, when we go 'healthy' we go Lana !!!!!!!

What's "healthy" about Lana?

Eddie B wrote: »
    What's "healthy" about Lana?

very little , hence the sarcasm

very little , hence the sarcasm
    Brilliant!!:D

• Advertisement

Brilliant!!:D

they do use no MSG which doesnt make you feel like a pig afterwards, id be certain they are healther than your standard snackbox from the roma

they do use no MSG which doesnt make you feel like a pig afterwards, id be certain they are healther than your standard snackbox from the roma

Yes heard that, so at least it's not "as" bad. Only place that my system can bare is Cafe India. Probably not everyone's place of choice, but it's the only takeaway that won't leave me in a heap afterwards.

Yes heard that, so at least it's not "as" bad. Only place that my system can bare is Cafe India. Probably not everyone's place of choice, but it's the only takeaway that won't leave me in a heap afterwards.

cafe india is lovely, there chicken tikka kebab has me frothing at the mouth here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ArrBee

A Mexican place would be good as someone suggested earlier.

But lets be honest....
    There's not enough people interested in quality food that's "different" outside of the bigger towns.
    I mean there's still chips on the menu at Chinese restaurants!

ArrBee wrote: »

But lets be honest....
    There's not enough people interested in quality food that's "different" outside of the bigger towns.

As my father in law says "Chinese chips!":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

But lets be honest....

So I suppose a sushi place is out of the question then! Lol

Or is that just fish and chips?

Cherrycola wrote: »
    So I suppose a sushi place is out of the question then! Lol

Or is that just fish and chips?

Most definitely.
    Sushi needs a quick turnover otherwise it will put people off.

By all accounts Mexican *should* work as it can be inexpensive to produce and it can be a lot of fun if done right. Plus it's tasty. You can even add tex mex stuff to broaden the customer base.
    But even then, I'd say it would be a hard slog to make it work in tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭bennyineire

So I see Dealz is now open in town along with their clothing line off shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I'd love somewhere that I could just go in and pick up a tasty Burrito for take away. Nom.

Aint there a crowd at the farmers market doing Mexican dishes. Seems to be going down well.

Aint there a crowd at the farmers market doing Mexican dishes. Seems to be going down well.

Really?

I will try and get along to that some time.

Really?

I will try and get along to that some time.

Yea stall run by a couple. He's Irish, and she's Mexican. Think there's a mixture of foods from traditional, to Mexican to Spanish etc Saying that, they only do a few different dishes, and mix it up from week to week.

I heard there was nice sourdough there but Ive never been early enough to get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I heard there was nice sourdough there but Ive never been early enough to get some.

There is, you'd probably need to be in by 11:30 at the latest though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Just in from the new Coffee shop on High Street. A nice cup of coffee and they had fresh sour bread there too, seemed to be a good few in for the bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I see Dealz is now open in town along with their clothing line off shoot

Where is it located in the town?

Also anyone any idea when the new Lidl store is opening and if there is going to be a sale in the old store at all?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

AMKC wrote: »

Also anyone any idea when the new Lidl store is opening and if there is going to be a sale in the old store at all?

Later in the Summer. They're keeping the other store open as well so there's not likely to be any sale there, probably do some opening offers on the new site alright.

https://www.offalyindependent.ie/news/roundup/articles/2018/09/04/4161338-boost-for-tullamore-with-second-lidl-store/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Hope something is done about the traffic coming out of the Tanyard making a right turn onto the Hophill roundabout and forcing their way into traffic heading into the roundabout while blocking traffic exiting the roundabout and heading into town.

Madness on a daily basis. I know there's a no right turn sign there but very few adhere to it.

Maybe there'll be a new traffic layout when the new supermarket is finished.

The Port side of Tullamore is like a new town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Hope something is done about the traffic coming out of the Tanyard making a right turn onto the Hophill roundabout and forcing their way into traffic heading into the roundabout while blocking traffic exiting the roundabout and heading into town.

Madness on a daily basis. I know there's a no right turn sign there but very few adhere to it.

There will be a new traffic plan, that was part of the planning permission.
    It will be a 1 way system when the store opens

Sure, signs are for other people!
    ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Where is it located in the town?

Dealz is in the old Aldi store beside the new Aldi store....

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭medoc

laros wrote: »
    Dealz is in the old Aldi store beside the new Aldi store....

Which coincidentally Flanagan has just gotten planning permission to knock and replace with a new building. Maybe he applied for that before he let it to Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭medoc

The amount of idiots turning right coming out of Dunnes is also a pain in the hole

medoc wrote: »
    The amount of idiots turning right coming out of Dunnes is also a pain in the hole

You're right they hold up everyone behind them while they're waiting for a gap in the traffic to turn right....they'd be quicker taking the left and going around the roundabout.

Sometimes when this happens I've noticed the cars entering the roundabout from McDonalds start to hoot their horns,as they have a clear view of what's going on.

• Advertisement

medoc wrote: »
    Which coincidentally Flanagan has just gotten planning permission to knock and replace with a new building. Maybe he applied for that before he let it to Dealz.

Is there any part of Tullamore he doesn't own.

Advertisement