Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I hate the way "westlifes" show is titled...with Jenny Greene. She seems to do the share of work on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now I'm not really sporty but I tip away with it.
    Never really a sports person/pundit I disliked.
    I don't like Richie Sadlier tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Lee Mack of “would I lie to you”
    Insufferable, shouting down every one else,
    Me me me!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Jonathan Rhys Myers. As per the thread title, I really can't explain it. I think it's the slightly psycho look in his eyes. Nor is it helped by my friend in London being totally (and equally inexplicably) in love with everything the psycho-eyed tit does.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jonathan Rhys Myers. As per the thread title, I really can't explain it. I think it's the slightly psycho look in his eyes. Nor is it helped by my friend in London being totally (and equally inexplicably) in love with everything the psycho-eyed tit does.

He gets very bad when he's around Cork and gets called "Keefsy" by lads that were in school or grew up with him. Was always a strange fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

razorblunt wrote: »
    He gets very bad when he's around Cork and gets called "Keefsy" by lads that were in school or grew up with him. Was always a strange fella.

He falls off the wagon so often it's hard to care about him-I personally can't stand him because he blows every chance he has. Remember when him and Stuart Townsend were hyped up in the newspapers at every damn opportunity, and then they mucked up every chance they got?

I think every 'entertainment supporters' just finally gave up on Townsend when he got fired from Thor.

Meyers was supposed to have 'finally' made it when he did The Tudors, MI 3 and Match Point...and he blew it again.

Another one is Josh Hartnett-not Irish, but he stinks up a movie or tv show. I really, really like the movie The Faculty-but every time he's on screen-the movie grinds to a halt for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was talking to my sis about Netflix a few years back and I said I was interested in watching House of Cards staring Kevin Spacey - I said I like political dramas but I really don't like Kevin Spacey for no reason I could put my finger on thus I was conflicted whether I'd watch it or not. Turns out I did watch it - and I loved it - but then look what happened!

razorblunt wrote: »

Is "Keefsy" some kind of insult?
    He falls off the wagon so often it's hard to care about him-I personally can't stand him because he blows every chance he has. Remember when him and Stuart Townsend were hyped up in the newspapers at every damn opportunity, and then they mucked up every chance they got?

Meyers was supposed to have 'finally' made it when he did The Tudors, MI 3 and Match Point...and he blew it again.

I honestly don't know a thing about the guy and I've only seen him in 'Gormenghast' and 'The Tudors'. In all fairness, he's not a bad actor. It's just ... him. He just repels me, for some weird reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I honestly don't know a thing about the guy and I've only seen him in 'Gormenghast' and 'The Tudors'. In all fairness, he's not a bad actor. It's just ... him. He just repels me, for some weird reason.

His real name is Jonathan O Keefe.

His real name is Jonathan O Keefe.

Ah, right! So, he gave himself a double-barrel? That's fairly desperate, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Bruce Springsteen. Don't understand the hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Bruce Springsteen. Don't understand the hype

A bit like u2.....most of there new stuff is a bit shiite and they are only milking the cash cow at this stage fleecing their fans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"the boss" , a very annoying nick name for some reason. With his 17 hour sets - go away you cheese ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Blaas4life wrote: »
    A bit like u2.....most of there new stuff is a bit shiite and they are only milking the cash cow at this stage fleecing their fans

I wouldnt go out to the gate to see them. I have no idea how they have lasted so long and have such a following. There's not 1 song they have that I like. And that little bald midget is an insufferable git.

Now I'm not really sporty but I tip away with it.
    Never really a sports person/pundit I disliked.
    I don't like Richie Sadlier tough.

You take that back!!!! Richie is the nicest man in the whole wide world!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Brian Kerr, that accent is like poison being poured into my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Brian Kerr, that accent is like poison being poured into my ears.

Good call G.

Absolutely terrible, lad should never be let near a mic.

Cretinous accent.

Ah, right! So, he gave himself a double-barrel? That's fairly desperate, tbh.

I think there was some trouble at home or whatever- he was taken in by someone who had him working on his farm. (O'Keefe/ Meyers was kicked out of school at 15) and I think he didn't like keeping the name.
    There may also have been some abuse, cos the guy who took him in, Chris Croft, went to jail for molesting a 15 year old boy.

His mom had alcohol problems too, died at 50.

He also allegedly tried to kill himself in 2011.

To me, he's never convincing-and I try to give him a chance, but he just always falls flat. I saw him in 'From PAris with Love' and he was out acted by Travolta...that's sad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Diarmuid Gavin. I think the fact that he married Terry Keanes daughter, who looks and sounds the spit of her oul wan, among other reasons.

Diarmuid Gavin

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Diarmuid Gavin. I think the fact that he married Terry Keanes daughter, who looks and sounds the spit of her oul wan, among other reasons.

And his strange way of speaking without actually moving his mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Darragh Maloney.

I want to blast him right in the face. The f**king smug faced c*nt.

I also want to smash Ryan Tubridy in the head. The skinny horrible b****x

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭supernova5

Al Bundy, or is it Ted Bundy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

supernova5 wrote: »
    Al Bundy, or is it Ted Bundy

Surely not this guy. Al Bundy is a legend.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And his strange way of speaking without actually moving his mouth

He seems like the kind of guy who'd sell his grandmother for another 15 minutes of fame.

He's been in so many reality tv shows-I think superstar Dogs was the worst of em, but that's not even counting the others he's been in.

Anyone remember those adverts he did about recycling? Yeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Nicky "aren't I just great" Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

That Simon Reeves really irks me man....dunno he just.....

makes my skin crawl. Thinks he’s all suave galavanting around the globe in his poxy shemagh but he just comes off as a condescending prìck!

n oh yeah he played keyboards for D:ream.

Darragh Maloney.

I want to blast him right in the face. The f**king smug faced c*nt.

I also want to smash Ryan Tubridy in the head. The skinny horrible b****x

Ssssssteady....Hector.

The heat is gettin’ to you, bad wine too, I suspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Star Bingo wrote: »
    That Simon Reeves really irks me man....dunno he just.....

makes my skin crawl. Thinks he’s all suave galavanting around the globe in his poxy shemagh but he just comes off as a condescending prìck!

n oh yeah he played keyboards for D:ream.

Was that not Brian Cox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Was that not Brian Cox?

Oh yeah what :rolleyes: seperated at birth?! They seem so similar

Advertisement