Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NCS

VIPIrelandPicture-Ref43654.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Martin King

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

I think there was some trouble at home or whatever- he was taken in by someone who had him working on his farm. (O'Keefe/ Meyers was kicked out of school at 15) and I think he didn't like keeping the name.
    There may also have been some abuse, cos the guy who took him in, Chris Croft, went to jail for molesting a 15 year old boy.

His mom had alcohol problems too, died at 50.

He also allegedly tried to kill himself in 2011.

To me, he's never convincing-and I try to give him a chance, but he just always falls flat. I saw him in 'From PAris with Love' and he was out acted by Travolta...that's sad.

Oh, wow! So the poor sod's been through more than one wringer, then. I really only mentioned the double-barrel thing because where I come from, England, people do that to make themselves sound more upper-crust (to the hilarity of everyone else).

And yeah, I saw him in Vikings too recently. It's a brilliant show and he's certainly not enough to put me off watching it. Overall, he comes across as a bit of a scenery chewer. He did it in Vikings and he was terrible for it in The Tudors. Ridiculously OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭supernova5

Originally Posted by supernova5 View Post
    Al Bundy, or is it Ted Bundy

Surely not this guy. Al Bundy is a legend.
    Hector Bellend is offline Report Post

yes I agree, he is a total legend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Oh, wow! So the poor sod's been through more than one wringer, then. I really only mentioned the double-barrel thing because where I come from, England, people do that to make themselves sound more upper-crust (to the hilarity of everyone else).

And yeah, I saw him in Vikings too recently. It's a brilliant show and he's certainly not enough to put me off watching it. Overall, he comes across as a bit of a scenery chewer. He did it in Vikings and he was terrible for it in The Tudors. Ridiculously OTT.

Yep-his dad ran off when he was three, his mam used to drink the social welfare money so they'd often be starving. He went through a lot of bad stuff, sadly.
    Yeah, there was a thing about that around the time of Meyers and many more sprining up-like yer man Gavin Lambe-Murphy...who was actually poorer than the average unemployed person. He added 'Lambe' to his name to make it double barreled and make him sound posh. Instead he was a total jerk, and one disastrous tv appearance led to him getting fired.

He has that habit-and it's less chewing the scenery, more being distracting. If you see him in Mortal Instruments, he's so hammy...he's collecting a paycheck, not even engaged in the film. (which was absolutely awful).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Amanda Byram gets on my man tits in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Amanda Byram gets on my man tits in a big way.

she is welcome to rest her head on mine if she feels the need arise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

she is welcome to rest her head on mine if she feels the need arise.

ewwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Not inexplicable at all

Joe Duffy
    Also Ufc commentator Joe Rogan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

smilerf wrote: »
    Not inexplicable at all

Joe Duffy
    Also Ufc commentator Joe Rogan

yes.

• Advertisement

yes.

He's supposed to be a comic, and yet never does anything remotely funny. When I tried watching one of his vids, it was tragically bad.

He was clearly stoned (he seems to think weed or drugs solve 'everything'-they don't, humanity's always gonna be screwed) during it, and his material was...weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He's supposed to be a comic, and yet never does anything remotely funny. When I tried watching one of his vids, it was tragically bad.

He was clearly stoned (he seems to think weed or drugs solve 'everything'-they don't, humanity's always gonna be screwed) during it, and his material was...weak.

Exactly. I cannot fathom how he has carved out any sort of a niche for himself in stand up comedy. He is just not one bit funny.

He does some interesting serious interviews on his podcast, and I dont mind him too much in that environment. But even there he often comes across as a bit of a dick. He has a tendency to brush off funny comments from other people before trying to outdo them with his own jibe, which he (and nobody else) laughs at in a fairly desperate kind of a way. I also get the feeling that he's a bit up himself, but it's difficult to articulate what he's like overall.

Brendan Grace. I can't see why he is liked
    About as funny as having a lobotomy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

smilerf wrote: »
    Brendan Grace. I can't see why he is liked
    About as funny as having a lobotomy

Telling the same stupid jokes for the last 30 years. The one and only time he was funny was in Fr. Ted.

This one is an odd one, for sure-but I cannot stand Tara Flynn's voice.

Like, she's irritating-for sure, but her voice is in so many adverts that I just don't buy the products she narrates. And this has been ongoing for a while. I think it was when she tried to weave her 'advertising' deals into stand-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sean Moncrieff.
    What a knobgobbler he has turned into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Your Face wrote: »
    Sean Moncrieff.
    What a knobgobbler he has turned into.

Ah ah ahhhh ummm ahhh eh ah eh ummm nut chew badge ummm ah ah ah ah eh.
    An absolutely ridiculous radio show, polluted by septics talking utter rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

This is strange. I listen to and enjoy Eoin McDermot on the radio. But if I see him on tv I have to switch him off. . .

Exactly. I cannot fathom how he has carved out any sort of a niche for himself in stand up comedy. He is just not one bit funny.

He does some interesting serious interviews on his podcast, and I dont mind him too much in that environment. But even there he often comes across as a bit of a dick. He has a tendency to brush off funny comments from other people before trying to outdo them with his own jibe, which he (and nobody else) laughs at in a fairly desperate kind of a way. I also get the feeling that he's a bit up himself, but it's difficult to articulate what he's like overall.

For a similar comparison, I think, you only have to look at Keith Allen.

He's another 'guy with absolutely no talent whatsoever' who had a particular skill of latching on to people with actual talent.
    Or producing children who have talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NCS

Still inexplicably annoys me. And now we can't even go out for a drink to find some common ground... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Don't know which I hate more between this fuck-knuckle and this cock-womble.

paul_mccartney_carpool_karaoke.jpg?itok=W-4xskN1

NCS wrote: »
    Still inexplicably annoys me. And now we can't even go out for a drink to find some common ground... :mad:

My first introduction to Baz was when he appeared on an RTE show about plastic surgery because he needed his ears pinned back. So the surgeons removed a piece of cartilage from behind his ears to make em less Dumbo ears.

Says it all really. Think he was claiming to be an actor at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Sue Perkins. So fcuking irritating!

Noel Fielding really was the best thing to ever happen to bake off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Aoibhín Garrihy . Just too perfect

Could never stand John Fashenu presenting. Thank god we don't see him any more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Aoibhín Garrihy . Just too perfect

And her sister . Cant think of her name

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SAMTALK wrote: »
    And her sister . Cant think of her name

Doireann I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Doireann I think

That's the one. Still can't figure out what she's "famous" for