Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do think Boxers/MMA guys can get a hard time as sort of being seen as rough from people generalising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

I do think Boxers/MMA guys can get a hard time as sort of being seen as rough from people generalising.
    yes indeed they probably have to wrestle with their emotions a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Well there is no denying or generalising McGregor, he's a boll*x plain and simple.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Well there is no denying or generalising McGregor, he's a boll*x plain and simple.
    indeed,if ever there was a scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

The girl who does the covid ads
    Dunno why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That dude from the Quote Devil add his voice goes through my brain.

Wasnt he some pound shop Eddie Hobbs during the Celtic Tiger years, if it's the same guy I'm thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Jack Black. He's got a face you'd never tire punching.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Wasnt he some pound shop Eddie Hobbs during the Celtic Tiger years, if it's the same guy I'm thinking of?

Open to correction, I think it's John McGuire. If it's the same person he had a show on rte just before the crash, which involved making people in their late 20s feel guilty because they were living in comfort in their parents' home.

I recall one episode, he took a pair of sisters from somewhere in D4 or D6 to some apartment complex in west Dublin where the apartments were around 300k at the time. They had no idea where they were, ran home and luckily for them didn't put a deposit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,273 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

John arse wrote: »
    he was good in the eurovision though???

Louth now..but you’re right, seems a sour kernt.

Open to correction, I think it's John McGuire. If it's the same person he had a show on rte just before the crash, which involved making people in their late 20s feel guilty because they were living in comfort in their parent's home.

That's him, he is married to Karen from the tv3 morning show program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

razorblunt wrote: »
    Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t want the media to go on the attack by any means but the LLS last night was the same questions we’ve all heard a million times.
    It just seems to me that there’s a facade there. I obviously don’t care care what her sexuality is but i do think it might contribute to things.

That’s weird

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Davy Fitz. Nothing remotely inexplicable about that. An unmitigated toerag. I'm just trying to get the full set of Ireland's fittest family after the Cork Karen's were listed along with the big rugger lug above.

Davy is a fame junkie. He's the only intercounty manager I know of who had two tv shows airing at the same time, Ireland's Fittest Family and that other yoke where he was roaring at a few troubled young lads.

He also had that other show not too long ago with the blind young lad, allowing cameras into the Wexford camp, around the same time he appeared on Living with Lucy, where again he allowed a tv crew around the camp.

Other county teams aren't allowed to train on the same night as the hurlers at the Centre of Excellence if Davy says so, yet tv cameras are allowed in if he has a tv show to produce. When Wexford got to their first Leinster final under him, he had strict time-limits on reporters for the designated media night, and basically bullied me to finish my interview with one of the players abruptly when it ran slightly behind time, through no fault of my own. The little bollix was roaring at the player from behind me to hurry up when I was mid-question.

No other county manager has such a profile in the media. I have never even seen John Kiely speak aside from match-days, or feature on anything non-GAA related, unless Limerick have won the AI. Same goes for every other manager who have actually won All-Ireland's with his side. I dare say there is a large amount of people who only know Davy as a 'tv personality'.

He has also spent the last two days taking part in Wexford's Fittest Schools, an off-shoot of the TV show. Well I say taking part, roaring at the competitors in front of the camera more like. This despite having an important league game against KK today, and in the aftermath of the Covid controversy.

He has done a good job at Wexford on the whole, but he is a grade-A tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

paw patrol wrote: »
    I really dislike bono and i'll admit you are close to the mark (bar the d4 accent). I hate his preaching that he has a solution. Banging on about stuff way outside his expertise. He is just a globalist shill dressed up as the PR version of Mother Theresa.

He is full of b0llocks but sadly has a platform so I occasionally encounter his mewling

Speaking of Bono, am I missing something here or did he illegally travel to London for a session for his birthday?

https://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/music/bono-celebrates-61st-birthday-in-style-with-daughters-jordan-and-eve-40414009.html

I've no issue with it myself, all the vulnerable are vaccinated after all, he probably is vaccinated himself by now. Just wondering how this trip wasn't picked up by the ranters and ravers, or even the Gardai (wouldn't he be liable for a fine for non essential travel?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Well, we know who's gonna be on THIS year's I'm a Celebrity.

Anyone that runs into money issues, they go on reality TV.

Its works well for the two of them, Arlene gets the sympathy and the doctor gets the publicity,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

She is stunning though.

Cliona Hagan is alright, she gave us some of the finest songwriting ever seen on this island with her debut single 'We're all going to die some day'

Check it out
    We're all going to die some day Lord,we're all going to die some day
    Mama is on pills daddy is over the hill
    We're all going to die someday

Im just stunned that those lyrics weren't good enough to win a Grammy, Cliona wuz robbed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭amacca

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Cliona Hagan is alright, she gave us some of the finest songwriting ever seen on this island with her debut single 'We're all going to die some day'

Check it out

Im just stunned that those lyrics weren't good enough to win a Grammy, Cliona wuz robbed

Good Lord!! Ye gods what the utter **** was that and why are you posting it for others to see!!!

It's like you took Dolly Parton and sucked all the talent out of her just leaving the voice but not enough pocket money for a good plastic surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Check it out

I watched it with the sound off. Quality stuff. Thanks!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Check it out

sweet jesus-what ****e and the fake american voice!gonna take me a while to get over that:eek::eek::eek:(ps do some people actually like that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Check it out

Kasey Chambers wrote that song... I was thinking that 'Nobody could write that kind of song and actually mean it to be upbeat'...

But nope...the Chamber's version is just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Kasey Chambers wrote that song... I was thinking that 'Nobody could write that kind of song and actually mean it to be upbeat'...

But nope...the Chamber's version is just as bad.

Similar theme but written by a genius and I can’t stop thinking of it it’s so good :
    Leonard Cohen “I’m living on pills for which I thank god”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Davy is a fame junkie. He's the only intercounty manager I know of who had two tv shows airing at the same time, Ireland's Fittest Family and that other yoke where he was roaring at a few troubled young lads.

He also had that other show not too long ago with the blind young lad, allowing cameras into the Wexford camp, around the same time he appeared on Living with Lucy, where again he allowed a tv crew around the camp.

Other county teams aren't allowed to train on the same night as the hurlers at the Centre of Excellence if Davy says so, yet tv cameras are allowed in if he has a tv show to produce. When Wexford got to their first Leinster final under him, he had strict time-limits on reporters for the designated media night, and basically bullied me to finish my interview with one of the players abruptly when it ran slightly behind time, through no fault of my own. The little bollix was roaring at the player from behind me to hurry up when I was mid-question.

No other county manager has such a profile in the media. I have never even seen John Kiely speak aside from match-days, or feature on anything non-GAA related, unless Limerick have won the AI. Same goes for every other manager who have actually won All-Ireland's with his side. I dare say there is a large amount of people who only know Davy as a 'tv personality'.

He has also spent the last two days taking part in Wexford's Fittest Schools, an off-shoot of the TV show. Well I say taking part, roaring at the competitors in front of the camera more like. This despite having an important league game against KK today, and in the aftermath of the Covid controversy.

Absolutely spot on.

He portrays himself as an outsider but has RTE sown up with his tv shows. He can appear on the Late Late when he wants to play the victim or plug something.

Brian Cody is the most successful manager in GAA and I never remember him on the Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,273 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Absolutely spot on.

He portrays himself as an outsider but has RTE down up with his tv shows. He can appear on the Late Late when he wants to play the victim or plug something.

Brian Cody is the most successful manager in GAA and I never remember him on the Late Late.

Thank fuuherke for that, pal.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I don't despise him, just mildly dislike Tony Conneely. Just dislike the online wankfest of political nerds letting everyone else know how much they love Tony.

Reminds me of the IT Crowd episode where Moss wins countdown and is treated like a celebrity and all the women love him.

Tony is the same. He's just a european correspondent yet political nerds treat him like he's some kind of king just because he reports and is knowledgable on european politics..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HighF123

Stephen Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I've always found Lucy Kennedy irritating and just as irritating on radio as she is on TV.

Billcarson wrote: »
    I've always found Lucy Kennedy irritating and just as irritating on radio as she is on TV.

The ultimate buffer/ spoofer...... zero talent.
    Her radio show is pure tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Miniature in stature. A colossal c*nt in personality and nature. Never worked a day in his life. Stealing a living from gaa county boards for years. Brown nosing media personalities and outlets to push his sordid show where he gets off on abusing average randomers feverishly like the little puddin knacker he is. Its snuff by any other definition. I'm assuming he treats people the way he does as he's on the spectrum or was tormented brutally by his equally piggish father. As thick and ignorant as is possibly comprehensible or conceivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My neighbours. In their early 20s and having the sesh throughout lockdown in the house.
    They step outside for phone calls which is when we get to hear their true snowflakiness “I have anxiety without the gym”, while he smokes at least one joint a day. Then some hayseed last night who, clearly annoyed at his friends partying at the Spanish Arch demanded they all go to kaka’s house.
    Also, the state of the Spanish Arch and the same simpering idiots will have instagram anxiety about global warming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Miniature in stature. A colossal c*nt in personality and nature. Never worked a day in his life. Stealing a living from gaa county boards for years. Brown nosing media personalities and outlets to push his sordid show where he gets off on abusing average randomers feverishly like the little puddin knacker he is. Its snuff by any other definition. I'm assuming he treats people the way he does as he's on the spectrum or was tormented brutally by his equally piggish father. As thick and ignorant as is possibly comprehensible or conceivable.

Don’t hold back!

• Advertisement

Jesus, this thread has moved from being a safe space for some angry men to obsess over harmless young Irish women and tv presenters trying to make a crust to one where extremely serious accusations are being made - children being exploited to make money for a family, now people with mental health issues being exploited to make money.

It has moved up a few notches in the hate stakes. It represents how awful a site Boards has become.

Advertisement