Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What's your beef with sting?
    He ticked a lot of the male population off when he went public with his tantric sex stuff- able to make love for hours at a time.
    Makes the rest of us mere mortals look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

He ticked a lot of the male population off when he went public with his tantric sex stuff- able to make love for hours at a time.
    Makes the rest of us mere mortals look bad.

He’s also a ****head!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What's your beef with sting?

I'm a Police fan and I hate Sting. A lot of Police fans do. Love the band, but Gordon is an insufferable, smug twat who treated his band mates abysmally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rosemary McCabe. I really thought she was going to launch a career off her hijacking the metoo stuff but thankfully the country has moved on without her.
    She’s off to the states now apparently, you can give her a weekly allowance ethrough patreon if you want...

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

razorblunt wrote: »
    Rosemary McCabe. I really thought she was going to launch a career off her hijacking the metoo stuff but thankfully the country has moved on without her.
    She’s off to the states now apparently, you can give her a weekly allowance ethrough patreon if you want...

No?

Just looked at her Twitter. I don't think she's emigrating to Indiana on a one way flight... She's pulling your leg!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

No?

She came onto boards and literally copied comments from the site into a folder, for some bizarre reason.
    Like some sort of 'torture' to herself every morning. Wonder if she reads them while getting her coffee and porridge? (I assume she'd eat something as bland and inoffensive as porridge, tbh-everything else is 'PATRIARCHY!')

Horrible person... quit working in a fashion mag to become an 'influencer', then had to get a job in a gym when her patreon was pretty empty and her 'influence' wasn't happening either.
    Rage influencers are the worst.

Dwayne the Rock Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

She came onto boards and literally copied comments from the site into a folder, for some bizarre reason.
    Like some sort of 'torture' to herself every morning. Wonder if she reads them while getting her coffee and porridge? (I assume she'd eat something as bland and inoffensive as porridge, tbh-everything else is 'PATRIARCHY!')

Horrible person... quit working in a fashion mag to become an 'influencer', then had to get a job in a gym when her patreon was pretty empty and her 'influence' wasn't happening either.
    Rage influencers are the worst.

Was she that person on the Louise O Neill thread attacking anyone who criticised Lou and having interminable arguments with other posters that went on for multiple pages?

Was she that person on the Louise O Neill thread attacking anyone who criticised Lou and having interminable arguments with other posters that went on for multiple pages?
    LLMMLL? or something like that? I think that might have been Lou's sister.

Just looked at her Twitter. I don't think she's emigrating to Indiana on a one way flight... She's pulling your leg!!
    I dunno, 2 hours ago she tweeted from Dublin airport. Suprised she's flying at all what with the virus.
    btw who tf emigrates to Indiana :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Anyone bleating about how the 'Coronavirus' is the end of humanity.

Notice as soon as the story started up, the whole 'Coronavirus' thing was inspiring jokes, and people making light of the situation. So the media folks started referring to its scientific name, Covid-19.

Was watching Claire Byrne last night (It was mentioned on the news that she spoke to a Coronavirus sufferer, so I tuned in).
    His 'symptoms' of this debilitating 'plague' was a fever, and a headache.

No cough, no 'struggling to breathe', no 'falling down in the streets' etc etc etc

Yet even AFTER speaking to someone who had it, and him being all like 'well, I was mildly inconvenienced in the last few days, but I'm fine now', the scaremongering STILL kept going.

Bloody swineflu (which I got) wasn't given this much coverage-and that was more of a pain in the butt than the regular flu.

I appreciate that we share a society with the cynics and the conspiracy theory lovers like yourself but in the interest of society at large any chance you d wash your hands properly and not be sneezing on anyone before you back to your angry little echo chamber cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Simon Harris drives me bonkers, everything about him just hits a nerve. From the way he looks to the sound of his voice🀮

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

I dunno, 2 hours ago she tweeted from Dublin airport. Suprised she's flying at all what with the virus.
    btw who tf emigrates to Indiana :confused:

Just kidding. She mentioned it enough times in her Twitter feed. Indiana is a random place alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Rosemary McCabe.

Thanks for reminding me about her.
    Is the Rosin Ingle on still about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tom Jones.

635821461937526820-AFP-545993056.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=crop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Tom Jones.

That’s not unusual.

Dannyriver wrote: »
    I appreciate that we share a society with the cynics and the conspiracy theory lovers like yourself but in the interest of society at large any chance you d wash your hands properly and not be sneezing on anyone before you back to your angry little echo chamber cheers.

I'm hardly a 'conspiracy' theorist, and wash my hands moreso than most people (I have OCD, it's my thing). If anything, conspiracy theories annoy the living hell outta me.

Secondly-you've made an absolute trailer load of accusations against me with zero proof of any of them. Why the hell would anyone sneeze on someone, unless you're being an absolute pr**k? Even being healthy and free of any virus, you don't sneeze or cough on someone. (And I've had a chemist cough on me, during flu season (which she clearly had), while I was picking up a prescription. Fortunately, I didn't get sick).

If you cast your mind back, the swineflu had similar 'end of the world' accusations. I had that, I was ill for a few days, but I've had much worse. (Gastroenteritis is common, and that was a f**king nightmare to have).

When a 101 year old Chinese man, and a 98 year old Chinese woman, can beat Covid-19.
    I'm not worried.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11107818/chinese-pensioner-101-recovers-coronavirus-after-98-woman-beat-disease/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I'm hardly a 'conspiracy' theorist, and wash my hands moreso than most people (I have OCD, it's my thing). If anything, conspiracy theories annoy the living hell outta me.

Secondly-you've made an absolute trailer load of accusations against me with zero proof of any of them. Why the hell would anyone sneeze on someone, unless you're being an absolute pr**k? Even being healthy and free of any virus, you don't sneeze or cough on someone. (And I've had a chemist cough on me, during flu season (which she clearly had), while I was picking up a prescription. Fortunately, I didn't get sick).

If you cast your mind back, the swineflu had similar 'end of the world' accusations. I had that, I was ill for a few days, but I've had much worse. (Gastroenteritis is common, and that was a f**king nightmare to have).

When a 101 year old Chinese man, and a 98 year old Chinese woman, can beat Covid-19.
    I'm not worried.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11107818/chinese-pensioner-101-recovers-coronavirus-after-98-woman-beat-disease/

1- If the pharmacist "clearly had" an actual dose of influenza she wouldn't be fit to get out of bed, much less come to work and in the unlikely event that she did actually have a flu, there is no clear way you could have been able to tell, get a grip.

2- Swine flu was not a novel disease though you appear not to want to understand why it and covid 19 are different and how that makes covid 19 so much more concerning.

3- People suffering with covid 19 infection are presenting with bilateral (ie in both lungs) pneumonia. I had a pretty bad pneumonia in my right lung in 2018 and I was so dreadfully ill, I've had flu and other illnesses over the years but this was on another level. I am a young, fit and toerhwise healthy person and it knocked the stuffing out of me, I don't want to think what it'd be like to have that again but twice as bad.

4- Fuck The Sun.

1- If the pharmacist "clearly had" an actual dose of influenza she wouldn't be fit to get out of bed, much less come to work and in the unlikely event that she did actually have a flu, there is no clear way you could have been able to tell, get a grip.

2- Swine flu was not a novel disease though you appear not to want to understand why it and covid 19 are different and how that makes covid 19 so much more concerning.

3- People suffering with covid 19 infection are presenting with bilateral (ie in both lungs) pneumonia. I had a pretty bad pneumonia in my right lung in 2018 and I was so dreadfully ill, I've had flu and other illnesses over the years but this was on another level. I am a young, fit and toerhwise healthy person and it knocked the stuffing out of me, I don't want to think what it'd be like to have that again but twice as bad.

4- Fuck The Sun.

I think you need to calm down a little.

1 - everyone has had the flu at some point. I could tell. It was flu season, she had been back at work, had mentioned it. I knew she had the flu.

2 - Swine flu was very similar in its hysteria, and it was a novel virus, according to the terminology you used (A virus passing from animals to humans). And if you had an underlying condition, you were in trouble. But people got thru it. Places were restricted.
    It wasn't even as potentially economically disastrous as Foot and Mouth disease. So far this year, 18,000 people have died from the regular flu. More people have recovered from Coronavirus than have died.

3 - My mum has had pneumonia 3 times. She's not worried.

4 - Facts are facts. A Broken clock is right twice a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

1 - everyone has had the flu at some point. I could tell. It was flu season, she had been back at work, had mentioned it. I knew she had the flu.

I haven't. I've had really bad colds and coughs (i.e. what people casually, and let's make no bones about this - quite wrongly - refer to as 'the flu'), but I've never had influenza.

I had a relatively mild case of pneumonia in one lung back in 1998. The coughing was one thing, the phlegm was quite another, but the inability to breathe properly and the lack of energy was particularly alarming. I couldn't even climb the stairs without pausing halfway. There was one day in particular when I felt like I was going to die. Months after I recovered, I still found it difficult to inhale a good 'lungful' of air. I can't imagine that in both lungs.

• Advertisement

I think you need to calm down a little.

2 - Swine flu was very similar in its hysteria, and it was a novel virus, according to the terminology you used (A virus passing from animals to humans). And if you had an underlying condition, you were in trouble. But people got thru it. Places were restricted.
    It wasn't even as potentially economically disastrous as Foot and Mouth disease. So far this year, 18,000 people have died from the regular flu. More people have recovered from Coronavirus than have died.

4 - Facts are facts. A Broken clock is right twice a day.

Alex Jones has some toothpaste for sale you might be interested in.

Alex Jones has some toothpaste for sale you might be interested in.

Ah... when one has nothing else they can contribute to a conversation, go for the cheap insult.

Bravo... collect your lollipop from the office.

(Plus, you might want to update your references...Alex Jones is soooo last decade.)

I think I mentioned Oprah on this before for her part in the Weinstein debacle.
    Well twitter was rife with rumour yesterday about her. Alas she's self isolating but its let it be know to a far wider audience now though!

Ah... when one has nothing else they can contribute to a conversation, go for the cheap insult.

Bravo... collect your lollipop from the office.

(Plus, you might want to update your references...Alex Jones is soooo last decade.)

This isn't a conversation. you are downplaying the seriousness of the corona virus based on spurious information and personal experience, I'm calling you out on it , other people who are downplaying it include Alex Jones , Trump until last week etc etc. Hold on to your lollipop I don t trust you are taking the necessary precautions due to your attitude towards the problem. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think I mentioned Oprah on this before for her part in the Weinstein debacle.
    Well twitter was rife with rumour yesterday about her. Alas she's self isolating but its let it be know to a far wider audience now though!

Shes on Twitter saying its lies.

This isn't a conversation. you are downplaying the seriousness of the corona virus based on spurious information and personal experience, I'm calling you out on it , other people who are downplaying it include Alex Jones , Trump until last week etc etc. Hold on to your lollipop I don t trust you are taking the necessary precautions due to your attitude towards the problem. End of.

I've already said I take precautions (I wash my hands constantly, OCD-it's my thing). Nobody wants to get sick, be it the common cold, Norovirus or influenza... you just don't. Hence you wash your hands and take precautions.
    As for Trump and Alex Jones, the former I am indifferent to (people using his name in every argument as some kind of insult has probably immunised me to him... as you yourself have done) and the latter I consider a complete clown. I've never had time for him-I know people who do, I don't. But I'm not bothered by anything he says because folks know he's an idiot.

You're right-it's not a conversation... it's an impasse. You didn't 'call me out' on anything-you just called me a conspiracy theorist, from the first post. You didn't come at me with links, or facts to back up your claims. Instead you went straight to name calling.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/share-facts.html

As for the necessary precautions... there were revellers out in the UK partying it up and having many drinks for St Patrick's Day.
    I'm far less of a problem, outside of grocery shopping, I'm a total recluse. (Goes with being freelance). Maybe you should go have a word with them?

I remember the Swine flu pandemic-people were at risk there too. It was barely over 10 years ago. Deaths occurred-estimated to be about 575 000, across the world. Nobody worried about it. The media furore scared the living S**t out of people. Folks thought it was the equivalent of the AIDS virus.
    So far this year, more people have died of the flu in the US alone.
    That's not spurious information-it's courtesy of the Centre for Disease Control in the US

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2017/p1213-flu-death-estimate.html.

But we're at an impasse-you don't seem to like what I have to say, I don't like what you're insinuating about me. So maybe just put me on an ignore list?

Save you the stress of getting angry at some faceless individual (me) on the internet.

I've already said I take precautions (I wash my hands constantly, OCD-it's my thing). Nobody wants to get sick, be it the common cold, Norovirus or influenza... you just don't. Hence you wash your hands and take precautions.
    As for Trump and Alex Jones, the former I am indifferent to (people using his name in every argument as some kind of insult has probably immunised me to him... as you yourself have done) and the latter I consider a complete clown. I've never had time for him-I know people who do, I don't. But I'm not bothered by anything he says because folks know he's an idiot.

You're right-it's not a conversation... it's an impasse. You didn't 'call me out' on anything-you just called me a conspiracy theorist, from the first post. You didn't come at me with links, or facts to back up your claims. Instead you went straight to name calling.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/share-facts.html

As for the necessary precautions... there were revellers out in the UK partying it up and having many drinks for St Patrick's Day.
    I'm far less of a problem, outside of grocery shopping, I'm a total recluse. (Goes with being freelance). Maybe you should go have a word with them?

I remember the Swine flu pandemic-people were at risk there too. It was barely over 10 years ago. Deaths occurred-estimated to be about 575 000, across the world. Nobody worried about it. The media furore scared the living S**t out of people. Folks thought it was the equivalent of the AIDS virus.
    So far this year, more people have died of the flu in the US alone.
    That's not spurious information-it's courtesy of the Centre for Disease Control in the US

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2017/p1213-flu-death-estimate.html.

But we're at an impasse-you don't seem to like what I have to say, I don't like what you're insinuating about me. So maybe just put me on an ignore list?

Save you the stress of getting angry at some faceless individual (me) on the internet.

You still don t get it do you? My anger is not just reserved for you it's also at people like you who willfully ignore experts and therefore put others at risk. Mask it any way you want but if you see this as just another flu I don t trust you in a supermarket and the few I know who are in-comprehensively still rationalising this pandemic I don t trust them either. You either buy into it and take necessary precautions as you would in a life or death situation [if not for yourself then for some elderly person] or you don't. And if you don t you will make mistakes and these errors could be fatal to someone.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Shes on Twitter saying its lies.

With regards to getting raided, sure. She’s still the “go see Harvey” woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Mairead Farrell / Ronan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Paddy O Gorman, thankfully he hasn't been on tv for a few years. Comes across like a creepy version of John Creedon. (I like John Creedon I hasten to add)

Advertisement