Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2017 Mentored Novices Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭BrownEyes79

Baby75 wrote: »
    Here are the running training logs https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1139

also, these are the training logs for adventure, tri, Duathlon sports enthusiasts

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1552

some really excellent ones that you can learn a lot from :)

Brilliant thanks Baby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Browneyes your welcome :)

skyblue46 I am looking forward to yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

My attempts were deleted today when my background got to page 4. I'll try again tomorrow I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Yesterday I realized that I have holidays(Spain) booked of in May, exactly the weekend of Limerick City Marathon. Was looking for some other event around that time, Connemarathon is in April but I don't think it's good idea to do Connemarathon as my first one. Found Kinvara Rock & Road, 3rd of March. That would give me nearly 4 months for training. Should I go for it? Can someone recommend other event? Thanks.

And thanks lot for all advice, really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

kave2 wrote: »
    Yesterday I realized that I have holidays(Spain) booked of in May, exactly the weekend of Limerick City Marathon. Was looking for some other event around that time, Connemarathon is in April but I don't think it's good idea to do Connemarathon as my first one. Found Kinvara Rock & Road, 3rd of March. That would give me nearly 4 months for training. Should I go for it? Can someone recommend other event? Thanks.

And thanks lot for all advice, really appreciate it.

Cork - June bank holiday weekend? Probably best to do a decent size one to start with. Nice to have people running round you during the race as well as supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

I’ve followed suit and here’s my log

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Super stuff. Great to see the new Graduates spreading their wings and leaving the old Novices nest :D

Looking forward to seeing more of these logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

skyblue46 wrote: »
    My attempts were deleted today when my background got to page 4. I'll try again tomorrow I swear!

Ctrl+A -> Ctrl + C -> Paste into a notepad (or whatever). Just so you have it in case the curse of Captcha hits. No robots here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Kellygirl wrote: »
    QB, I had the same thought earlier about what to call one when I had a look at them.

Ariana, I had a look at yours. We ran such a similar marathon that a lot of what you said could have been me talking.

I’ll have to venture to other threads and see where to go next!!

Yes the same has crossed my mind reading yours :) It was an amazing experience, we were both blessed by the same marathon gods. I don't think i had the endurance to run 4:20 this time (even without the knee issue) but maybe next time we can run alongside each other ;)

I thought my OH would kill me if i ever mentioned running a marathon again but at the weekend my brother & his wife were both recommending Amsterdam and OH seemed quite excited about the prospect of marathon tourism (he'd be there as a supporter) so we shall see what happens :)

Page 4 :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Why am i not surprised! Dying to read it but it sounds like i will need to set aside a day to do it whenever it appears ;)

• Advertisement

ariana` wrote: »
    Page 4 :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Why am i not surprised! Dying to read it but it sounds like i will need to set aside a day to do it whenever it appears ;)

Hahaha...when I say deleted I mean that I deleted it myself! Too much crap for anyone to want to read. I'm still on a high and seem to have hundreds of questions about what to do next and how to get there! :rolleyes:

Hahaha...when I say deleted I mean that I deleted it myself! Too much crap for anyone to want to read. I'm still on a high and seem to have hundreds of questions about what to do next and how to get there! :rolleyes:

Dido S, I am the exact same :D excited to read yours and must sort mine out LOL just so much in my head !!

Edited to add, I am not sure where to start mine, here in the running or the tri, adventure etc training logs as I will do some adventure racing this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lazare

Presumably you've all seen your FinisherPix photos by now.

I actually got some as well, nothing after the 9 mile mark though :rolleyes:

Funny part is, when I opened mine up, no sign of me in the first two. That's not unusual in itself. But guess who did pop up?

Lazare :D

I wouldn't mind, we weren't even running near other :pac: and I won't be paying for those either :D

That's gas :pac:

Funny, I looked up my mate in the half and in one of them Skyblue was right beside him.

Lazare wrote: »

Funny, I looked up my mate in the half and in one of them Skyblue was right beside him.

He's fast so :D

So I've become a logger too. Follow here for a guaranteed cure for insomnia! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭RolandDeschain

Back to the real world. Post marathon, post holiday blues.

Loving the logs. Must sort one out myself later this week.

Go on, do it. Looking forward to reading all about the only Mayo sportsperson to achieve their goal this year! :D

Lazare wrote: »

When I was looking up everyone's split times I noticed Halloween Jack went through 10k in the same time and only 2 places apart....but I had no idea who he was. Another tip for next years novices...do more meet ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭RolandDeschain

Go on, do it. Looking forward to reading all about the only Mayo sportsperson to achieve their goal this year! :D

Haha good thing the Marathon wasn't on in September!

Haha good thing the Marathon wasn't on in September!

Yeah, you would have run 3:50 to the 26 mile mark and then crapped yourself with the line in sight :pac:

• Advertisement

Post marathon Blues suck!!!

I braved it, took me ages my nearly 2 year old decided he wanted to destroy the kitchen well mess it up really LOL

dipping my toe into the training log world http://https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105209570#post105209570

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Shiny new logs. :D

Shiny new logs. :D

It seemed rude not to :)

I'm loving the new logs :)

My knees been quite sore even just to walk on in day to day life so i went for a deep tissue sports massage last night. Different person from the Physio i'd been seeing for the knee. My ITB/Quads are still a bit ropey and my peroneals are a bit of a mess and may need another 2 week's rest. In the meantime i should get on the bike for 15-20 minutes every day with little/no resistance just to get the legs spinning and get the blood flowing to the parts that need it. And I have to get back into the habit of foam rolling (i've fallen out of the habit over the last 10 days :o). Apparently my body's been through a trauma.

Fed up of not running and not exactly excited about the prospect of the bike but there you go, recovery sucks but it has to be done :cool:

Anyone else still very much in recovery mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

ariana` wrote: »

Anyone else still very much in recovery mode?

Definitely. Still not been out for a run. Front of my foot is still really sore to even walk on. Only came on 3-4 days after DCM so suppose can't be 100% sure its related to the marathon but very annoying

Sheep1978 wrote: »
    Definitely. Still not been out for a run. Front of my foot is still really sore to even walk on. Only came on 3-4 days after DCM so suppose can't be 100% sure its related to the marathon but very annoying

Oh dear. Not just me so :cool:

It's a strange one if it only came on a few days after. Although maybe it was sore but because everything hurt for those few days you didn't notice it as such? I say that cos my knee wasn't especially sore those first few days either but as everything else gradually eased out it became more noticeably sore :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

Ah sure it was still worth it !!!!

Sheep1978 wrote: »
    Ah sure it was still worth it !!!!

So so true. I guess the buzz is wearing off me a bit. I might just have to wear my finisher's top over the weekend to remind myself it was totally worth it :D

Post Marathon blues Ariana never knew such a thing could happen LOL

would swimming be an option as well, you might enjoy the bike I found it great when I was injured and not able to run.

I also have to do more foam rolling include more exercises to work other muscle groups

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    Post Marathon blues Ariana never knew such a thing could happen LOL

would swimming be an option as well, you might enjoy the bike I found it great when I was injured and not able to run.

I also have to do more foam rolling include more exercises to work other muscle groups
    Yeah, i know, post marathon blue who knew :eek:

I think i probably would enjoy the bike if i could outdoors but by the time i'm home from work it's too dark so it's the turbo :(

Swimming is good idea and i must get back to my yoga class also. Oh yeah, it'll pass, i just miss running, nothing compares for head space for me :cool:

Advertisement