Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He won some state tkd comp and goes on like he was in the olympics, he jacked it in over head trauma ffs tippy tappy tkd what a joker, no but he got them off his mates so who knows theres little or no footage of him rolling never competed either in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gamebred wrote: »
    He won some state tkd comp and goes on like he was in the olympics, he jacked it in over head trauma ffs tippy tappy tkd what a joker, no but he got them off his mates so who knows theres little or no footage of him rolling never competed either in it.

Oh I didn't realise
    He has a Bb in gi and none but he doesn't compete ? Ever ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He won national junior and state adult titles in full contact (ITF) TKD, not Olympic (WTF) point TKD. He stopped fighting after a few years of kick boxing because at the time there was no money in it and he didn't see the point in getting beat up for a career with the pay being so low and because he was already getting concussions. Turned out to be a smart move seeing as he's now a multi-millionaire out of telling jokes.

He's a bjj black belt in two separate systems under two of the most respected coaches on the planet, so throwing the fact that he's friendly with them is stupid, of course he's friends with them, he's been training with and under them for two decades. Is Tom King's black belt in question because John is his friend? Is Kron Gracie's black belt in question because he got it from his father?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

He won national junior and state adult titles in full contact (ITF) TKD, not Olympic (WTF) point TKD. He stopped fighting after a few years of kick boxing because at the time there was no money in it and he didn't see the point in getting beat up for a career with the pay being so low and because he was already getting concussions. Turned out to be a smart move seeing as he's now a multi-millionaire out of telling jokes.

He's a bjj black belt in two separate systems under two of the most respected coaches on the planet, so throwing the fact that he's friendly with them is stupid, of course he's friends with them, he's been training with and under them for two decades. Is Tom King's black belt in question because John is his friend? Is Kron Gracie's black belt in question because he got it from his father?
    I actually thought you were calling point tkd what the fcuk
    But it's world tkd federation lol

Tigger wrote: »
    I actually thought you were calling point tkd what the fcuk
    But it's world tkd federation lol

It's just two different styles, one is supposed to be more based on real world application and military use (which is nonsense to be honest) but the other one is entirely focused on point scoring for sports taekwando and is basically just tappy tappy bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Quick finish for Vick there

Relax yourself there never called him a fraud, he goes on like he knows more than DC and Cruz (he doesnt) and brings up his TKD constantly on his podcast when they discuss combat like he cleared out America,

Do you think ''celebs'' with belt ranks are all legit? you have people like Ashton Kutcher paying for privates and getting purple belts to keep the gravy train coming, nobody knows if Rogan is legit considering hes never competed in BJJ Kron and Tom King have so your guess is as good as mine.

Vick going on like he beat a top 5 guy there gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Relax yourself there never called him a fraud, he goes on like he knows more than DC and Cruz (he doesnt) and brings up his TKD constantly on his podcast when they discuss combat like he cleared out America,

Do you think ''celebs'' with belt ranks are all legit? you have people like Ashton Kutcher paying for privates and getting purple belts to keep the gravy train coming, nobody knows if Rogan is legit considering hes never competed in BJJ Kron and Tom King have so your guess is as good as mine.

:rolleyes:

Jamiekelly wrote: »

Good reply very detailed point you make.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, sure there's loads of people out there saying "ya know what's easy to get if you pay enough? A black belt from Jean Jacques Machado!".

I'll have to save up for a few months and get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Vanilla Gorilla to get sparked here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

tinpib wrote: »
    Vanilla Gorilla to get sparked here.

With that nickname hopefully :D

Ah yeah, sure there's loads of people out there saying "ya know what's easy to get if you pay enough? A black belt from Jean Jacques Machado!".

I'll have to save up for a few months and get mine.

Machado is only a tramp he promotes convicted rapists known to him.

Coulter's leg being minced up here lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This fight is like two drunks going at it.

Holy **** that was crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was a crazy fight! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miocic via Submission
    That fight was fcuking mental. Both guys are awful but it made for an entertaining scrap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

jesus h christ i was up off me chair

• Advertisement

What a crazy second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Absolutely incredible stuff there!

Wow, that was brilliant craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Big pile of mental that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

****ing strangest fight ever both lads are ****e but ya gotta love heavyweights

If we get a wilder fight than that tonight were in for something epic.

Vanilla Gorilla still absolutely goosed here talking to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Should that not be a KO instead of TKO?

• Advertisement

Sad when they have to beg for a bonus after that from Dana.

Advertisement