Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I can't remember a card when there was so little between the fighters in the eyes of the bookies. The biggest favouirte on the card is 3/1, then you've got:

648eb749533c3ff1e9dc29779b854311.png

So many great matchups.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Paully D wrote: »
    I can't remember a card when there was so little between the fighters in the eyes of the bookies. The biggest favouirte on the card is 3/1, then you've got:

648eb749533c3ff1e9dc29779b854311.png

So many great matchups.
    Big value there in Maia, Edgar and Alvarez I feel. Poirier and Masvidal both coming off wins but Maia and Alvarez are in the top 3/4 of their divisions.

Edgar won't be finished and hard to see Yair out pointing him over 3 rounds, I make Edgar a 1/3 shot at least. He won't be afraid to take a few hits to close the distance and once he has that done, he should win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia will have serious size advantage, original 185er he will be the biggest Masvidal has fought and strongest, cannot wait for that and Dustin Alvarez match up, that could be a madness if Alvarez doesnt try wrestle much.

C_fXrroXoAMbkWl.jpg

Yair towering over Frankie.

Yeah Alvarez at a crossroads, the cautious approach got him a title shot but he was completely outclassed when it came to it. If he goes back to brawling it will at least gain him a few fans.

He may not want to go to ground with Poirier who could be dangerous with a submission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Django99 wrote: »
    Yeah Alvarez at a crossroads, the cautious approach got him a title shot but he was completely outclassed when it came to it.

Got him a title shot, which he took by absolutely annihilating RDA... You realise McGregor was the challenger in November, yes?

Polo Reyes-Vick hopefully a great scrap.

Got him a title shot, which he took by absolutely annihilating RDA... You realise McGregor was the challenger in November, yes?

Polo Reyes-Vick hopefully a great scrap.

Jesus, i actually completely forgot the RDA fight happened. And I actually forgot that Eddie was the champ for 4 months. McGregor really made it hell for him I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dos Santos via Submission
    Frankie, Maia and Joanna treble looks good to me.

Main event is hard to call, just watched the first one again today. Was a great fight, one of the best heavyweight fights I can remember. Hope JDS gets it done but I don't mind Stipe either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Twenty Euros on Dos Santos, Maia, Yair, and Alvarez wins me 320 Euros. No such thing as a certainty in MMA but this is as close as one you will ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dos Santos via KO/TKO
    A lot of people going for Stipe by KO. Neither of them could KO each other last time and I think this will once again be a 5 round war. Stipe's cardio is what lost it for him in the first fight, hoping his tank lasts a bit longer for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miocic via Submission
    Cejudo vs. Pettis is off. Hand injury for Henry.

If this is the only hit the card takes, that's a very good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

dos Santos via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Didnt think JDS was younger than Stipe, card is due some injuries any day now.

You're getting the blame for this!

I know BJ Penn wasn't anywhere near his best but Yair looked like a future champ that night

Twenty Euros on Dos Santos, Maia, Yair, and Alvarez wins me 320 Euros. No such thing as a certainty in MMA but this is as close as one you will ever see.

I don't think anybody other than the absolute elite beating Edgar is remotely close to a certainty. Yair isn't that yet.

Not fight week if we dont lose a good fight, will lose at least 1 more too mma gods love to take, first 4 fights on the card are complete muck hopefully its one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Not fight week if we dont lose a good fight, will lose at least 1 more too mma gods love to take, first 4 fights on the card are complete muck hopefully its one of them.

MVP out of the bellator event cheers lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dos Santos via KO/TKO
    The MMA gods only care about the good fights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I don't think anybody other than the absolute elite beating Edgar is remotely close to a certainty. Yair isn't that yet.

Yair will keep Frankie at distance for 3 rounds using his amazing kicks. He's huge compared to Frankie too who is on the decline imo

Yair will keep Frankie at distance for 3 rounds using his amazing kicks. He's huge compared to Frankie too who is on the decline imo

Potentially but Edgar is well used to fighting with bigger, stronger guys as he's been doing it his whole career. He doesn't have the kicking repertoire of Yair but Stephens is a big, dangerous featherweight and Edgar beat him pretty handily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Prayin for all the fighters to make it through the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Jesus .... Maia made Masvidal look like a Featherweight. He's huge next to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 thekingowl

Miocic via Submission
    That's where I believe in the Brazilian's victory. Masvidal will end up accepting Demian Maia's gameplan and will be finalized. I do not see Masvidal running away from the grid, or running from the clinch attempts, or trying to get up when he's on the ground. I see the American pounding even when the situation is bad for him. Only now he's facing Demian Maia. The Brazilian has not lost any chance to finish his opponents.

In my opinion, it is very likely that Maia ends up winning by submission. Even if it's only three rounds, at some point Masvidal will make a mistake. If the Brazilian fails in their takedown attempts, he would still be able to score better in the first two rounds for controlling the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 UFC211online

dos Santos via Submission
    :Dhi The Fight Card is Looking Awesome my prediction for ufc 211
    dos santos by tko
    heheh
    is wtflivetv.com best for watch ufc 211 live in hd ??
    they have 10 12 hd streams even twitch streams also available there
    any alternative ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Miocic via Submission
    :Dhi The Fight Card is Looking Awesome my prediction for ufc 211
    dos santos by tko
    heheh
    is wtflivetv.com best for watch ufc 211 live in hd ??
    they have 10 12 hd streams even twitch streams also available there
    any alternative ?

You can't be asking for streams. Someone might be kind enough to drop you a PM

State of those two posts. Bot invasion?

https://twitter.com/JFlashGordonMMA/status/863025929232281602

Another fight off the card, 2 down at least 1 more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Miocic via Submission

Criminal that for a guy with the career Alvarez has had. Can't believe he's the underdog in this one I think he'll blow Dustin away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't get why dustin is the favourite here at all, yea maybe we'll see how eddie bounces back from the loss to conor but I havent been overly impressed with pourier, I dont think he would have defeated rda.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I agree with Poirer being a slight favourite over Alvarez. I'm very surprised that Maia isn't favoured over Masvidal however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭tinpib

Advertisement