Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

threein99 wrote: »
    So its looking its going to be well over the 600 euro mark ?

Some of the leaked prices yesterday indicated £449 for the 6/64 and £499 for the 8GB/128

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

threein99 wrote: »
    So its looking its going to be well over the 600 euro mark ?

No it's not, will be around €450 for the 64GB version.

However, considering the Oneplus 1 was less than €300 when it was released you can see how much they are trying to milk people now.

I've purchased the OPO and the OP3 but will not be purchasing this phone unless its €400 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

davo2001 wrote: »
    No it's not, will be around €450 for the 64GB version.

However, considering the Oneplus 1 was less than €300 when it was released you can see how much they are trying to milk people now.

I've purchased the OPO and the OP3 but will not be purchasing this phone unless its €400 or less.

I think it's reasonable that the price will increase as the spec increases. That's not "milking it" - they're running a business :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I don't see how they could release a phone better than the OP3 in every way yet it being cheaper in price than the OP3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭emo72

I'd rather they do what they did with the one. Make the best phone you can for 300 euro, it was possible 3 years ago, why not now? Technology has come a great distance in 3 years. I think the phones are all great now anyway. Even 200 euro gets a great phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

emo72 wrote: »
    I'd rather they do what they did with the one. Make the best phone you can for 300 euro, it was possible 3 years ago, why not now? Technology has come a great distance in 3 years. I think the phones are all great now anyway. Even 200 euro gets a great phone.

They did that with the OnePlus X and then discontinued it so it's likely their steadily increasing in price flagship line is more lucrative for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭budgemook

They did that with the OnePlus X and then discontinued it so it's likely their steadily increasing in price flagship line is more lucrative for them.

Yeah it's an awful shame that there's no new OnePlus X. That was a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

emo72 wrote: »
    Agreed - there seems to be so much more choice out there than when they came along and shook up the market with the One. I'll go for something like a Xiaomi Mi6 which is in the original price range

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone else watching the launch?

Do we expect to be able to purchase this phone immediately or what?

I'm ready to go with my credit card. My OPO is almost dead (purely battery, apart from that it's still great) and a Chinese yoke I bought as a temp phone is doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm ready to go with my credit card. My OPO is almost dead (purely battery, apart from that it's still great) and a Chinese yoke I bought as a temp phone is doing my head in.

I'm watching, signed in and ready to buy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is well worth a upgrade to you if you are still rocking a OPO. You obviously never got caught up in the hype unlike me. I had a OPO, 2 and 3 didn't bother with the 3T though. At the minute I have no intention of upgrading to the 5.

This is pre-recorded by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

Boring! Just tell us the price

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm watching, signed in and ready to buy :)

Ha, they just quoted Oscar Wilde!!

So it's not about the spec's!!!

Not mad about the 3,300mAh battery. Was hoping for 4,000.

I guess the only 'shortcuts' would be the screen and lack of waterproofing. Other than that, more than a match for any flagship at the moment.

Stop going on about the design, its clearly a copy of Apple

They just burned all the OEMs that got rid of the headphone jack :D

xtal191 wrote: »
    Boring! Just tell us the price

That will be the last thing they announce.

What do we expect delivery lead times to be if an order is placed today? I'm off on holiday in 4 weeks and would love to have it by then. I'm like a kid at Xmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Mother of God...

...can we have the price now please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Is this an hour long? I just want to order the bloody thing

What do we expect delivery lead times to be if an order is placed today? I'm off on holiday in 4 weeks and would love to have it by then. I'm like a kid at Xmas :o

Last year, I ordered on launch day and I think I had it 3 days later.
    A month is plenty of time :)

It is well worth a upgrade to you if you are still rocking a OPO. You obviously never got caught up in the hype unlike me. I had a OPO, 2 and 3 didn't bother with the 3T though.

I nearly got caught up in the hype. Several times I was close to buying the 2 or 3 but each time I asked myself what was actually wrong with my OPO and what improvement would I actually notice and the (honest) answer was always "not much" in real terms.

If the battery wasn't knackered I'd probably be keeping my credit card in my wallet right now also!!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Last year, I ordered on launch day and I think I had it 3 days later.
    A month is plenty of time :)

How long is this presentation likely to last? Do we reckon the phone will be available to purchase straight after the end of the presentation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

I nearly got caught up in the hype. Several times I was close to buying the 2 or 3 but each time I asked myself what was actually wrong with my OPO and what improvement would I actually notice and the (honest) answer was always "not much" in real terms.

If the battery wasn't knackered I'd probably be keeping my credit card in my wallet right now also!!

Why not just replace the battery, you can do it yourself.

god's toy wrote: »
    Mother of God...

...can we have the price now please?

Update.

It's €488 on oppomart right now. +89 for the 128gb version.

god's toy wrote: »
    Update.

It's €488 on oppomart right now.

64gb or 128gb?

xtal191 wrote: »
    64gb or 128gb?

It's €488 on oppomart 64gb. +89 for the 128gb version.

http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

This is pretty wnaky tbh

Dash Charge - yeah we know that was last year or the year before no?

And the lists - six things they are showing, then in software they break it down into six too? Tell me how much the fcuking thing will cost

• Advertisement

Thought they said the specs didnt matter earlier but yet they're waffling on about the 835 now

Advertisement