Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭54and56

Which one?

128GB midnight black model with the welcome bundle (is the Karbon case in that bundle the same as the "Karbon Bumper Case"?) and a Dash Charger for the car. €627.85 inc delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm out. Too dear. Best of luck to the rest of you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

seanstev wrote: »
    why is it more expensive in euro than in dollars? Definitely not buying it from the oneplus site.

Dollar price is ex Tax

If the EUR price was ex tax, it'd be €405.70

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭54and56

And so a new OnePlus adventure starts. Hope it's half as good as my OPO which lasted the guts of 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Looks like MKBHD will have a review video good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

I really hope they go back to yearly releases and we dont see a 5T before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 4 seanstev

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Dollar price is ex Tax

I just went to finish buying it in dollars there, there was no mention of tax. 539.00 Dollars was the final price, unless I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

?80 price bump on the top model over the 3T is very steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like MKBHD will have a review video good to go.

I'll have a look at this before deciding whether to order or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm out. Too dear. Best of luck to the rest of you guys.

I think Ill be skipping this one too. Looks very good but nothing in particular that makes me want to buy it. First OP5 I don't plan on getting :( It'll probably be a great upgrade for some of you with 2 year old phones.

I think Ill be skipping this one too. Looks very good but nothing in particular that makes me want to buy it. First OP5 I don't plan on getting :( It'll probably be a great upgrade for some of you with 2 year old phones.

This is why I'm considering it. Looks a big jump from the OP2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Dollar price is ex Tax

I just went to finish buying it in dollars there, there was no mention of tax. 539.00 Dollars was the final price, unless I'm missing something.

Everything in America and Canada are priced ex vat. Even when you're in shops you have to calculate the vat yourself as the price on display is not the final price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Everything in America and Canada are priced ex vat. Even when you're in shops you have to calculate the vat yourself as the price on display is not the final price.

Sales tax in the states generally only applies to physical shops. $539 would be the price you'd pay from their site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

emmetkenny wrote: »
    This is why I'm considering it. Looks a big jump from the OP2.

Ahhh the OP2, AKA The Forgotten One! Go for it, I doubt you'd regret it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

3300 mah battery is very disappointing. A decent battery is the main think I need on a phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Chances are you'll be caught at customs and have to cough up the difference before they give you the phone!

Ahhh the OP2, AKA The Forgotten One! Go for it, I doubt you'd regret it!

It's served me well the last two years so can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

Looks like I'll be getting the LG G6 afterall. It's only about €30 more expensive. I'd be happy to sacrifice 6GB Ram, 64GB storage and Snapdragon 835 for better design, seemingly better camera, better display, water resistance and an SD card slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The G6 is only 400 now.
    Samurai12 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be getting the LG G6 afterall. It's only about €30 more expensive. I'd be happy to sacrifice 6GB Ram, 64GB storage and Snapdragon 835 for better design, seemingly better camera, better display, water resistance and an SD card slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Welcome pack out of stock

The G6 is only 400 now.

Really? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

codie wrote:

Just got in on time then. Delivery estimate is for this Fri so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

codie wrote: »

All screen protectors out of stock. Are these people a bunch of wallies or what.
    Launch day and limited stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

alwald wrote: »
    Is this a reliable website??

A lot on here have used them and no problems

The only thing I'd personally worry about is how they'd look after you warranty wise especially after 12 months compared to fulfil by Amazon seller or something

The only thing I'd personally worry about is how they'd look after you warranty wise especially after 12 months compared to fulfil by Amazon seller or something
    Yeah, I bought from that store recently but what I got was only like €100 and that was sketchy enough. I'll wait and see, probably wait until like November, If the price goes down further then I might just bite the bullet and buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Verge already have a review of the 8gb model. Fastest phone ever tested but dual camera implementation is a failure and their not happy with the same 1080p oled screen and large bezels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Didn't LG increase the warranty on the G6 to two years in all markets? Including the US which is unusual.

Advertisement