Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 5

Options

Comments

The OP5 mic was improved so you can now watch concerts through your phone and rewatch them with better sound...

Joking aside, its a decent little improvement to be fair

Wow. That video sums up some of the sacrifices people were willing to make on previous versions. I wouldn't even say the OP5 sounds really good, it's just not really really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭FaganJr

god's toy wrote:
    While I'll agree with you, Having the same feelings myself until tested one. IMO I was not lacking reception really in any way.. the odd place here and there. Living in Co Wicklow and working in Dublin (as well as often driving to all Irish lighthouse land station locations) it was as connected as the OnePlus three was mostly ... but I found the GPS reception on the xiaomi to be far and above the OnePlus 3, no question.

A man cannot browse on GPS 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

FaganJr wrote: »
    A man cannot browse on GPS 😉

Yeah, that's true I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

https://www.google.ie/amp/m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/oneplus-5-launch-price-in-india-specifications-ram-release-date-1710957%3Famp%3D1%26akamai-rum%3Doff

Leaked Prices for India for the 5 are out

6GB RAM & 64GB is 33,000 rupees

8GB RAM & 128GB is 38,000 rupees

That's converted to €457 and €526 approx whatever they will make them for Europe

€470 and €550 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Take a look at @Slashleaks's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Slashleaks/status/876390347890405377?s=09

Being advertised in India it seems already

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They had a ad on during India & Pakistans cricket match last night.

They're going mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They had a ad on during India & Pakistans cricket match last night.

They're going mainstream.

oppo, their parent/sister/whatever, sponsor Indian Cricket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

It was mentioned a while back that they are sponsoring the crystal maze new series. That's their second "sponsorship" with House of Cards being the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

This mainstream sponsorship play could get reflected in its price.. If not this year then next.

Anyhoo, I'm thinking of giving this one a miss this time round as apart from the 835 proc, I cant see anything new in it really to warrant the upgrade and my OP3 is doing just fine as is.

Who know I may change my mind in a day or so...lol!

god's toy wrote: »
    This mainstream sponsorship play could get reflected in its price.. If not this year then next.

Anyhoo, I'm thinking of giving this one a miss this time round as apart from the 835 proc, I cant see anything new in it really to warrant the upgrade and my OP3 is doing just fine as is.

Who know I may change my mind in a day or so...lol!

The 835 really is a beast, though. Best mix of performance and battery I've experienced since the 801.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Latest leaks have the price in India at 32,999(€460) for 64gb 6gb ram and 32,999 (€530) for 128gb 8gb ram.

Also rumours of a 4,000mah battery. Sure we'll find out everything tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

How soon would this be expected to go on sale after the announcement? Old phone broke and I'm on a terrible, terrible €50 Huawei right now. Would like to upgrade ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

For that money would an IP rating be possible or am I clutching at straws?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Julez wrote: »
    How soon would this be expected to go on sale after the announcement? Old phone broke and I'm on a terrible, terrible €50 Huawei right now. Would like to upgrade ASAP.

Most likely it will be available to buy tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

RIP Mobile Boardsies
    http://i.imgur.com/wCShox4.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Combo of 1080p screen and 4000mAh battery would be excellent!

Julez wrote: »
    Combo of 1080p screen and 4000mAh battery would be excellent!

Agreed, it would definitely convince me to get the OP5 over the S8...pretty unlikely though.

Agreed, it would definitely convince me to get the OP5 over the S8...pretty unlikely though.

Why unlikely, 4000mah has been rumored since first leaks?? I know 3300mah has been mentioned more frequently though!

FaganJr wrote: »
    Why unlikely, 4000mah has been rumored since first leaks?? I know 3300mah has been mentioned more frequently though!

I never saw any rumours about a 4000mAh battery (from the usual android sites I go to). Most I saw were that it came with a smaller battery or 3300mAh battery. Just saw this one today and it has no source (Its just a few excel cells). I think OnePlus hinted that the OP5 will be smaller or slimmer than the OP3T. After watching the Verge video where the guy in crocs was talking about the space issue caused by adding the secondary camera took more than double the room, it seems unlikely that they had room to increase the battery size.

I never saw any rumours about a 4000mAh battery (from the usual android sites I go to). Most I saw were that it came with a smaller battery or 3300mAh battery. Just saw this one today and it has no source (Its just a few excel cells). I think OnePlus hinted that the OP5 will be smaller or slimmer than the OP3T. After watching the Verge video where the guy in crocs was talking about the space issue caused by adding the secondary camera took more than double the room, it seems unlikely that they had room to increase the battery size.

Possibly, we'll know soon enough!! Either way I'm buying. OP2 will be going for sale!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

What time is kick off lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

emo72 wrote: »
    What time is kick off lads?

5 pm today.

https://youtu.be/nT5egj-fVyg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A 3300 mah battery, reasonably well optimised, powering a FHD screen, and running a Snap 835, should be a two dayer. I regretted not hanging on for the 3, I think I'll give in to the urge this time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

So its looking its going to be well over the 600 euro mark ?

Advertisement