Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Different deals for different people at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ive been with AIB all my life, everything I do gets charged to them, I barely use cash anymore, it all goes on credit and debit cards along with my wages and all I get is sh1t, 1% off your next order on Swatch.com etc, what actually triggers the useful offers?

liamcu wrote: »
    It was worth following up.

I emailed and got a reply on the 27th. They said they were looking into it and would get back to me "shortly". Still not heard a thing. All this over a fiver that they emailed me about. It's not like I was asking them for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Don't know how you guys sign up to this.

If sign up...no email
    If I reset password...no email

Checking everywhere in my email. absolutely no emails being received by AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

I'm thinking if you lose your card and get a replacement, your account doesn't automatically switch over to the new card.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Gerlad wrote: »
    I'm thinking if you lose your card and get a replacement, your account doesn't automatically switch over to the new card.....

No, you need to register your new card

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Mothers’ Day special day mail from AIB, Lovell rugby or Rent a Car am torn

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'm just checking..........................

"A reward is getting something good for doing a given task. It needs someone who has the power to give the good thing. It is the opposite of punishment. Ideas like risk and reward, reward and punishment are based on the idea that people do things, or avoid doing things, to get rewards".

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reward

Nah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mothers’ Day special day mail from AIB, Lovell rugby or Rent a Car am torn

I thought it was a spam email as it normally doesn't ask to log in for details
    of their offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I thought it was a spam email as it normally doesn't ask to log in for details
    of their offer?

Oh, I always have to log in to see mine...usually ending in bitter disappointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Dunnes Stores Available until 04/08/20
    €5 back when you spend €50 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I haven't received an email from them in ages.

Are they still getting sent weekly or have they only started back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Email from BofI today to say they are closing their LiveLife Rewards - a fiver off your shopping was fine but the far more regular 3% off a once-a-year purchase was complete waste of space and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I was just thinking the same, had forgotten all about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I was just thinking the same, had forgotten all about this.

So had I,
    It was never much use anyway, but must check if my card details are correct as I got a replacement card some time back. I have a habit of breaking them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Me neither. I even changed to a Gmail address in case my usual one was blocking the emails, but not a peep from them since then either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

vectra wrote: »
    So had I,
    It was never much use anyway, but must check if my card details are correct as I got a replacement card some time back. I have a habit of breaking them. :o

No they were not great. However worth it for the smyths tenner off and dunnes one at Christmas. They also had aldi spend 50 get fiver back, good if an aldi near you.

Though the 2% & 3% offers seriously what's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Dear Customer,

We are writing to let you know that from 23 April 2021, AIB Everyday Rewards will no longer be available. This is because of reduced demand from retailers and consumers.

You can still see and redeem offers as you normally would until 22 April 2021. Don’t worry, you can redeem any current offers up until then.

We want to thank you for using the service and hope you got value from this programme.

In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact us using the Help Section on the AIB Everyday Rewards website.

Kind regards,

The AIB Everyday Rewards Team

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I mean, there is little to no surprises there.

I'd say take-up was minimal. The offers were genuinely NEVER worth taking the time to use after the intial ones to bring people in to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Sonya4u

No suprise at all there, no good offers on it at all recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,190 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ulster Bank still have it as far as I know, probably that will go too. Might have got €100 back myself between both.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Closed up anything to do with AIB after 20years with them back in November when they pulled fee free banking.
    The only decent deal was the €5 off circle k and Lidl

Closed up anything to do with AIB after 20years with them back in November when they pulled fee free banking.
    The only decent deal was the €5 off circle k and Lidl

Do you mind me asking who you changed to? Gonna get hit with the fees next week. I had chosen Ulster Bank before they made their announcement lol. Guess the only other on is BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

BOI have €6 fee per month

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you mind me asking who you changed to? Gonna get hit with the fees next week. I had chosen Ulster Bank before they made their announcement lol. Guess the only other on is BOI.

KBC if you lodge decent salary each month

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Mortgage and current acc to KBC , the other basic current acc and kids to EBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

KBC if you lodge decent salary each month

I haven't tried it personally but to my knowledge you could also just transfer €500 in and out 4 times or €1000 twice and still get free fees. The money doesn't have to sit in the account, just flow through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭TheChizler

feargantae wrote: »
    I haven't tried it personally but to my knowledge you could also just transfer €500 in and out 4 times or €1000 twice and still get free fees. The money doesn't have to sit in the account, just flow through it.

I have a couple of standing orders set up to do exactly this on a joint account.

was pretty rubbish on the whole

most of it was 5% off some over-priced sh1te that I would have no intention of buying anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No rewards and higher fees

Advertisement