Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

You really have to wonder why they bother with the likes of this, a fucking 1% discount "reward"

499688.jpg

Time to unsubscribe from this shit

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You really have to wonder why they bother with the likes of this, a fucking 1% discount "reward"

totally agree. waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Yeah well I'm going to beat all because today I got an offer of 5% off online for.....wait for it....

Whittards of Chelsea.

Yeah me neither.

What a load of shìte.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Yeah well I'm going to beat all because today I got an offer of 5% off online for.....wait for it....

Whittards of Chelsea.

Yeah me neither.

What a load of shìte.

Also got 2.5% on UGG and 2% on Beauty Expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

499688.jpg

This week I have 1% back on MyBag (who seem to be 25%+ more expensive than BT for a random bag I cross referenced) and 1% back at the Hut. That's it. 2 pointless offers.

I also have a 5 euro back from 50 in Aldi on the other card. I don't shop in Aldi as there's none that close and I can't be bothered cycling that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This week I have 1% back on MyBag (who seem to be 25%+ more expensive than BT for a random bag I cross referenced) and 1% back at the Hut. That's it. 2 pointless offers.

I also have a 5 euro back from 50 in Aldi on the other card. I don't shop in Aldi as there's none that close and I can't be bothered cycling that far.

5 off 50 is poor when standard is 10

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Saw the 1 and 2% offers, thought it was fairly crazy that AIB would go for that.
    Got €9.50 back on a just eat order just before Christmas so that’s worth doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Surely the cost of administering this system, brokering deals with suppliers (lol) etc outweighs any gains to customers. Be better off just giving everyone a fiver and having done with

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Surely the cost of administering this system, brokering deals with suppliers (lol) etc outweighs any gains to customers. Be better off just giving everyone a fiver and having done with

I’ve gotten 6 deals, total €46. Stuff I would have bought anyway but just good timing with the offers.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

It's not about the gain to customers though, it's about Visa gaining the marketing information about what you buy, based on what offer. Remember too that it's Visa that are running this, for many banks all over Europe, not just for AIB
    niallam wrote: »
    I’ve gotten 6 deals, total €46. Stuff I would have bought anyway but just good timing with the offers.

I've gotten €265 back, over three cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Has anyone got the cashback for this yet? Email sent by AIB Rewards in November:

"Simply spend 5 times using your AIB Everyday Rewards registered Visa card ending in XXXX. Make 5 purchases in any store in the Republic of Ireland from 13th November to 17th December 2019, and we'll give you 5 Euro cashback on your card in return. Make sure your card details are up to date to qualify for the 5 Euro cashback - you can update them here.

Once you complete your fifth purchase your €5 reward will be credited to your current account before mid-January."

Liam

Oh I completely forgot about that. Nah haven't seen it credited. No surprise they've not kept to their word though.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Still waiting for this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

don't remember even getting that.
    did everyone get it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Seve OB wrote: »
    did everyone get it?

I didn't, either did my husbands card.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Waiting on my purfume click 5£ Refund too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Seve OB wrote: »
    did everyone get it?

No, I didn't get it either!

The deals aren't fantastic, but I've made savings in smyths, book depository and marks and spencers. It's better than nothing!

Looks like we're probably gonna have to chase them down for a fiver.

I got a copy-and-oaste reply this morning:

"Having looked into this, your transaction(s) did not meet the qualifying criteria for cashback because the terms and conditions of the offer were not met. Specifically, the offer wasn’t activated for your AIB Everyday Rewards account.

We are sorry your purchase did not qualify this time. Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the offer before you make a purchase in order to receive cashback in the future. As our offers are constantly being refreshed, please continue to review these for new promotions."

What's been stated in the reply is incorrect. There was no requirement to activate the offer. The terms and conditions required 5 in-store (not online) purchases to be made in the qualifying period. Purchases that included tobacco, baby products or lottery do not qualify.

Before anyone suggests it, there was no requirement to log in to my account and click on the offer to activate it. The email is the offer.

So I've replied asking them to look into this again.

Liam
    liamcu wrote: »
    Has anyone got the cashback for this yet? Email sent by AIB Rewards in November:

"Simply spend 5 times using your AIB Everyday Rewards registered Visa card ending in XXXX. Make 5 purchases in any store in the Republic of Ireland from 13th November to 17th December 2019, and we'll give you 5 Euro cashback on your card in return. Make sure your card details are up to date to qualify for the 5 Euro cashback - you can update them here.

Once you complete your fifth purchase your €5 reward will be credited to your current account before mid-January."

Liam

I still have their email and replied directly to it as well. More people complain the better.

:edit: I'm a dumbass as it said "noreply" in the email address. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I fired off an email today complaining about this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

liamcu wrote: »
    I got a copy-and-oaste reply this morning:

"Having looked into this, your transaction(s) did not meet the qualifying criteria for cashback because the terms and conditions of the offer were not met. Specifically, the offer wasn’t activated for your AIB Everyday Rewards account.

We are sorry your purchase did not qualify this time. Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the offer before you make a purchase in order to receive cashback in the future. As our offers are constantly being refreshed, please continue to review these for new promotions."

I got the same word-for-word reply a few months back when I enquired after not receiving €5 cash back after spending €30 at Circle K. Didn't bother pursuing it as it'd take up too much time for the sake of a fiver but it's annoying to know a lot of people are still being messed around by AIB.

The sooner they kill of this shambles of a "Rewards" campaign the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Didn't bother pursuing it as it'd take up too much time for the sake of a fiver

If it's only an email that wouldn't take much time.. certainly worth a fiver I reckon.

Also it's the principle of them not following through that would irk me and make me pursue it regardless of the reward value.

Just noticed today that the €5 cash back has been paid into my account. Don’t know if me emailing them had anything to do with it or if it would have been paid anyway.

I didn't get anything...may I ask what email address you used please?

mrcheez wrote: »
    If it's only an email that wouldn't take much time.. certainly worth a fiver I reckon.

Also it's the principle of them not following through that would irk me and make me pursue it regardless of the reward value.

It was worth following up.

I didn't get anything...may I ask what email address you used please?

I contacted them through the Visa rewards website.

This week €5 back on your next purchase of €50 or more at Aldi as well as the usual useless ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I've lost count of the number of times I didn't get cashback at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

donnyvegas wrote: »
    This week €5 back on your next purchase of €50 or more at Aldi as well as the usual useless ones.

i dont have this ?

Advertisement