Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017 - Your predictions/wishes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Golgom93

Honestly hoping for:

more Death Stranding footage

maybe Something on Dynasty Warriors 9 (doubtful though)

some announcements for some JP game Localizations (personal wishlist is Natsuiro Highschool, Reco Love, Idol Death Game TV and Gundam Break 3)

and for a good laugh, I'd Like to see Keiji Inafune try to talk about ReDash to all the people he scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

corcaigh07 wrote:
    Original Xbox Back Compatibility for the Scorpio, make it the true "Xbox One".

It'll never happen but backwards compatibility on the PS4 would be sweet. Won't happen mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skate 4 would be an epic announcement!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are we using this thread for official announcements as well, since some have announced their conference times?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Are we using this thread for official announcements as well, since some have announced their conference times?

Would be no harm, I think the official discussion thread usually starts around the time of the event itself. If you want to post schedules, I can ask a mod to lump them into the original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Alright here's my E3 predictations (For Sony) which almost definitely are not going to happen.

Spider-Man PS4 demo-ed, release in Q4 2017.
    God Of War demo, Q1 2018.
    Red Dead 2 demo-ed, delayed to Q1 2018, but RDR remaster is out Q4 2017.
    Dreams demo, release date.
    Horizon DLC!
    Uncharted TLL demo-ed again.
    Call Of Duty WW 2 demo, boring.
    Something to do with playstation classics, but I don't know what.
    Not bloodborne 2, but something from From Software.
    Square will show final fantasy 7 R again, but still no firm release date cos Square gonna Square.
    Another Ratchet & Clank game!
    Rebooting the resistance franchise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Have to say I don't get the anticipation for Skyrim on the Switch. It'll be a 6 year old game this year. Isn't it akin to hoping Donkey Kong Country comes out on your new PS2 back in 2000?

Hey, I own Cybernator on my PS2, as Assault Suits Valken...
    It's awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rebooting the resistance franchise.

Can they not just boot the franchise instead, as in out the door?
    Surely there is no shade of brown they haven't used yet, the primary function of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can't wait to see new trailers for games that will be released in two years time.Well realistically three.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Can't see it happening, but in this era of remasters and reboots, I'd love to see Bethesda bring Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Did the Sony line up for the video be revealed. Ff7 and bloodbourne 2 are on it. Might be a fake of Sony running order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I'd love to see TES 6 but I think Bethesda have a new ip in the works before it. Could be a very early announcement for next year but that's not their style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Give me new IPs please.

(And Half Life 3)

I'd also like confirmation that the Mass Effect franchise is not dead, but it:

a) is probably too soon.
    b) might actually be dead.

New Metroid on Switch
    Some news on TLOU2 PS4
    A new Bayonetta Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Golgom93 wrote: »
    Honestly hoping for:

maybe Something on Dynasty Warriors 9 (doubtful though)

I have honestly NEVER seen anyone look forward to a Dynasty Warriors game, I think I've owned a few over the years, I think I even own DW8 for some reason.
    I'm not sure it's improved or done anything new since DW2,,,which was my first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

New Elder Scrolls
    Red Dead
    Just Cause 4
    Crazy Taxi 4
    New Dragon Age is due too

Something that's not a Horizon Zero Dawn clone. There seems to be nothing else in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Personally I want lots of news on VR, otherwise it will probably just fade away (though with the amount of money invested by all the big companies I can't see it happening)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Personally I want lots of news on VR, otherwise it will probably just fade away (though with the amount of money invested by all the big companies I can't see it happening)

I wonder if Nintendo will announce something in that area.
    I think they'll have something up their sleeves for the E3 period

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

There probably will be a slew of VR info, new games, it'll do this that and the other, but regardless of the amount of money pumped into it, VR will never be more than niche, certainly on the gaming side of things. I honestly think there will never be enough interest from the general gaming public beyond "Oooooo pretty lights, this is cool, I'm deep sea diving, now I'm in space, coooool".

It might find a home with racing sims, but beyond that? FPS' RPG's Sports Rouguelikes Soulslikes TCG's RTS'? Can't see it.

And beyond the gaming world? Probably more traction there, on the educational and informational side of things. Medical, Historical. Imagine BBC's Planet Earth or Blue Earth in VR. An informational trip around the human body (Inner Space). I'd be interested in it from that angle.

Then you have MS' AR headset. I would love to see more on that. That has potential in relation to live sports broadcasts (I think that was in one of their vi-docs wasn't it?), news. Again, imagine Planet Earth or something with an AR element to it. Seeing a Lion (resting under a tree in the Savannah) lying in front of you in your sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I personally think vr is the future of games and I haven't even tried it. When it becomes cheaper/wireless/good method of full 3d control it will be amazing for immersion for the likes of rpg's fps's adventure games.

Really hoping to see more of it this e3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I personally think vr is the future of games and I haven't even tried it. When it becomes cheaper/wireless/good method of full 3d control it will be amazing for immersion for the likes of rpg's fps's adventure games.

Really hoping to see more of it this e3

The thing that puts me off vr gaming, is that when I come home from work knackered, I like to sit on the sofa and play games. I do not like the idea of constantly having to stand up when playing vr games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can see Sony dropping VR completely. It will be supported by 3rd party ports of PC VR titles but I think Sony VR exclusives will be a thing of the past.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Dragons Dogma game please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    The thing that puts me off vr gaming, is that when I come home from work knackered, I like to sit on the sofa and play games. I do not like the idea of constantly having to stand up when playing vr games

You could get the VR simulation of sitting on the couch while playing a game in VR while standing, all while sitting on your couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

You could get the VR simulation of sitting on the couch while playing a game in VR while standing, all while sitting on your couch.

Is it Gone Home VR?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can see Sony dropping VR completely. It will be supported by 3rd party ports of PC VR titles but I think Sony VR exclusives will be a thing of the past.

Nah, it's huge in Japan where the poor tykes cant fit a 60inch tv into their tiny rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Nah, it's huge in Japan where the poor tykes cant fit a 60inch tv into their tiny rooms.

So it'll go the way of the Vita then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Golgom93

I have honestly NEVER seen anyone look forward to a Dynasty Warriors game, I think I've owned a few over the years, I think I even own DW8 for some reason.
    I'm not sure it's improved or done anything new since DW2,,,which was my first one
    to be fair it's usually the same crap, but DW9 is going to be the first open-world game in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

VR is going nowhere. Once it's cheaper and better everyone will have one. At the moment it's the Roman Reigns of gaming. No matter how much it dissappoints, they'll never give up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

awazakhaonpuvcfxc061.jpg

Advertisement