Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2017 - Your predictions/wishes

Options
  • 04-05-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭

awazakhaonpuvcfxc061.jpg

So, what's everyone looking forward to at this years E3? Running from June 10th - 12th with big shows from EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft & Sony.

I'm really looking forward to Spiderman, The Last of Us 2 & Red Dead Redemption 2 which all should have pretty big parts at E3 this year.

I'm sure there will be another cryptic Death Stranding trailer. Really hoping to see any Cyberpunk footage although I think we will be luck seeing that released next year, never mind this year.

Really can't get excited for Assassins Creed Empire.

Also, fingers crossed for Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 & Portal 3 reveals!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Wolfenstein: The New Order 2.0/'Colossus'
    The Evil Within 2
    Remedy's 'P7' - early concept stuff
    Valve product of some sort
    XCOM 2 - Expansion pack
    Splinter Cell 7, or is it 8? A new Splinter Cell
    Assassin's Creed: Isis - the Egyptian Goddess, not the lads beheading in the desert.
    Curse of Monkey Island - Remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So, what's everyone looking forward to at this years E3? Running from June 10th - 12th with big shows from EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft & Sony.

I'm really looking forward to Spiderman, The Last of Us 2 & Red Dead Redemption 2 which all should have pretty big parts at E3 this year.

I'm sure there will be another cryptic Death Stranding trailer. Really hoping to see any Cyberpunk footage although I think we will be luck seeing that released next year, never mind this year.

Really can't get excited for Assassins Creed Empire.

Also, fingers crossed for Half Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 & Portal 3 reveals

Doubt we'll see anything of The Last of Us 2. Even Red Dead Redemption 2 might be a no-show unless either Sony or Microsoft have paid for exclusive content/DLC. Not bothered about a Death Stranding trailer. They look great and are well presented, but they need to start showing gameplay or something at this stage, even if it's part of a cinematic trailer. Show what the game actually is as opposed to "Here's another celebrity we've got and look how weird everything is!"

I want to see more of Days Gone. I doubt the game itself will be anything spectacular or groundbreaking, but I'm still looking forward to playing it based on what I've seen so far. More on Spider-Man would be great too.

I'm hoping for Horizon DLC announcement/trailer though it may be too soon. A South Park TFBW proper confirmed release date would be great too considering how long it's already been delayed and how much they showed of it last year.

Main thing though, I'd kill for a Devil May Cry 5 (abandoning DmC and returning to original Dante), but I've been saying that for years and my hopes aren't too high.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Big surprises for the Switch. New F-Zero, Xenoblade 2 looking incredible (and delayed for at least a year like all Xeno games), New Shin Megami Tensei game and a new Pok?mon. Substantial Breath of the Wild content or a new Zelda game that is even more experimental than BoF.

New Panzer Dragoon game (yeah right that will happen).

Konami not being dicks anymore after the success of Bomberman (yeah right).

Half Life 3 of course.

Nioh on PC

New From Software project

New Team Ninja project

New Team Silent Project

And a lot more new IP.

New Yoko Taro game (Nier creator)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Big surprises for the Switch. New F-Zero

This is not gonna happen. MK8 (with 200cc) is our F-Zero now and I am pretty effing annoyed about that as I loved F-Zero
    a new Zelda game that is even more experimental than BoF.

Bit early for that. It's not the Assassins Creed series

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Bloodborne 2

That is all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is not gonna happen. MK8 (with 200cc) is our F-Zero now and I am pretty effing annoyed about that as I loved F-Zero

Never say never, it's probably the most sought after franchise return outside of Metroid... Actually a new Metroid would be great.

I'd love to see Nintendo collaborate with Sumo Digital on a new F-zero.
    Bit early for that. It's not the Assassins Creed series

Well some DLC would be nice. If they announce a new Zelda I won't expect it for at least 3 more years.

nix wrote: »
    Bloodborne 2

That is all

I want a bloodbourne game that doesn't run like garbage with framepacing issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Elder scrolls game

A release date for Final Fantasy 7 remake

Some news about that cyber punk game CD Project are making

A new Assassins Creed game or Far Cry game or both.

Horizon zero dawn expansion/DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

New Elder scrolls game

A release date for Final Fantasy 7 remake

Some news about that cyber punk game CD Project are making

Horizon zero dawn expansion/DLC

Everything above plus more news on Ace Combat 7 and the VR modes on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I suspect we will see both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Much as i want a new XCOM or content for it to play, i'm sick of sequels. I want new interesting IP's that keep me occupied for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

FF7 remake news

VR Ace Combat details

More VR content in general although we are getting a regular trickle of titles

Spiderman details.

Sonic Mania!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I suspect we will see both.

I hope there are some those scalable tower easter eggs in them this time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm just hoping the word "fun" is used more than in recent years...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping the word "fun" is used more than in recent years...

And "innovation"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Beyond Good & Evil 2.

This is the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Zone of the Enders 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

nix wrote: »
    Bloodborne 2

That is all

Amazed it took 6 posts for this. Got to say, I haven't got so addicted to a game as the first one since probably Silent Hill 1. So yeah, would love to hear more on part 2 (though I'll probably still be struggling through the first at this rate).

Oh and a new Rocksteady's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Beyond Good & Evil 2.

That is literally the only thing I want from Ubisoft. Even Assassins Creed they gave it a year off & I don't feel people are asking for it.
    I was going to say a KOTOR remake but Bioware shouldn't be let near it after they released Andromeda in that state.

Borderlands 3 please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Doesn't seem like it will happen but I'd love an announcement of another Until Dawn style game from Supermassive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well some DLC would be nice. If they announce a new Zelda I won't expect it for at least 3 more years.

The DLC is coming this year in 2 parts.

I would like to see Prince of Persia and a new Metroid. A new Luigi's Mansion would be appreciated as well.

Sucker Punch have been quiet as well, so maybe their next game after Infamous.

Wouldn't say no to TimeSplitters 4

After knocking it out if the park with doom I want to see what Id is working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Doom 2 Cruise Control?

Microsoft conference is Sunday this year, isn't it? I know Sony is the usual Monday and I assume Nintendo is Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,723 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Doom 2 Cruise Control?

Microsoft conference is Sunday this year, isn't it? I know Sony is the usual Monday and I assume Nintendo is Tuesday

Yes, the Microsoft conference is on at 10PM our time on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Call of Duty: World War 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd like to see a new Elder Scrolls, but rumour has it that the only new stuff from Bethesda on show will be Wolfenstein and/or Evil Within sequels. I'd also love a new Left 4 Dead, but who knows WTF is going on with Valve these days. I dunno, maybe let Turtle Rock do it.

Edit: and I think CD Projekt Red have already ruled out seeing anything of Cyberpunk in 2017. Hope I'm not remembering that correctly though.

An English release date for Blue Reflection would be very nice.

It's a JRPG from Gust with Persona influences and magic girls. It's like it was made for me. Soundtrack is incredible as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

An English release date for Blue Reflection would be very nice.

It's a JRPG from Gust with Persona influences and magic girls. It's like it was made for me. Soundtrack is incredible as well.

One of the most serious cases of Same Face Syndrome I've ever seen.

Advertisement