Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Shpudnik wrote: »
    And you have to tell us some of them

One for example, though X rated, Welcome to the jungle and her pointing down south so to speak.. Wife material :D

It's fun when you know someone who loves one of your favourite bands :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    One for example, though X rated, Welcome to the jungle and her pointing down south so to speak.. Wife material :D

It's fun when you know someone who loves one of your favourite bands :D

You're so smitten!

You're so smitten!

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Indeed.

Awwwww

Indeed.

Being smitten is a good feeling.

• Advertisement

Indeed :)

Could say I'm

:pac::pac:

Could say I'm

:pac::pac:

*nods approvingly*

Plus a woman who knows Queen, that's one way to land in my good books.

Plus a woman who knows Queen, that's one way to land in my good books.

Oh my! You'll have to be a good old fashioned lover boy so.

• Advertisement

Oh my! You'll have to be a good old fashioned lover boy so.

I'm a man who loves Fat Bottomed Girls, but she's somebody to love, she can give me a day at the races anytime, crazy little thing called love eh?

:D :pac:

I'm a man who loves Fat Bottomed Girls, but she's somebody to love, she can give me a day at the races anytime, crazy little thing called love eh?

:D :pac:

Well played, old boy. :)

Well played, old boy. :)

Queen were always a constant when I was growing up, despite Freddie's passing in '91..

Queen were always a constant when I was growing up, despite Freddie's passing in '91..

Same here. My dad always had Queen or Dire Straits CDs playing in the car. He actually played cassettes of Queen and The Police for me recently.

Same here. My dad always had Queen or Dire Straits CDs playing in the car. He actually played cassettes of Queen and The Police for me recently.

Was Queen, Wham! and Culture Club for most of my early year. The old vinyl records/cassette tapes are somewhere in the attic.

Was Queen, Wham! and Culture Club for most of my early year. The old vinyl records/cassette tapes are somewhere in our attic.

The quality on them is no good though. Most of my Spotify playlists are 80s songs remastered so they sound great. And my favourite channel is Now 80s

It's good having everything available digitally, but some times you just can't beat the feeling of taking a record out of it's jacket, a CD from it's case, or a cassette from it's box and just putting it on..

A lot of kids nowadays wouldn't have a notion of what a record or cassette is.

It's good having everything available digitally, but some times you just can't beat the feeling of taking a record out of it's jacket, a CD from it's case, or a cassette from it's box and just putting it on..

A lot of kids nowadays wouldn't have a notion of what a record or cassette is.
    I could put up a picture of the cassettes on my Snapchat and if say only one person would know what they are. I suppose your love of the older ways would be because you love your music, especially considering the career path you've chosen.

I could put up a picture of the cassettes on my Snapchat and if say only one person would know what they are. I suppose your love of the older ways would be because you love your music, especially considering the career path you've chosen.

It's all digital/downloads and YouTube nowadays, the art of being able to play an album from start to finish, reading the lyrics/booklet is dying. Don't get me wrong I'm guilty of it too doing it as well.

I'd say my parents were an influence on my appreciation of the older ways as much as the career path I've set myself on.

It's all digital/downloads and YouTube nowadays, the art of being able to play an album from start to finish, reading the lyrics/booklet is dying. Don't get me wrong I'm guilty of it too doing it as well.

I'd say my parents were an influence on my appreciation of the older ways as much as the career path I've set myself on.
    Well all my musical interest in the 80s comes from my dad. If it was my mum it would be country. Now I don't mind a small bit of country but I wouldn't listen to the likes of Big Tom etc

• Advertisement

Late 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's were a good 4 decades for music.. But the 70's through the 90's was when it was a literal free for all.

Are we talking proper country country, the likes of Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willy Nelson, Boxcar Willie and countless others, or the **** that gets passed of as "country"?

Anyways, I'm off to the lad o' nod.

Late 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's were a good 4 decades for music.. But the 70's through the 90's was when it was a literal free for all.

Are we talking proper country country, the likes of Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willy Nelson, Boxcar Willie and countless others, or the **** that gets passed of as "country"?

Anyways, I'm off to the lad o' nod.
    More like Jimmy Buckley and the likes.

Night Lith.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

happy Friday, Sephers:P
    happy Friday, Shpudnik :)
    happy Friday, Hugo:)
    happy Friday, lith:)

Happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

More like Jimmy Buckley and the likes.

Night Lith.

*insert sideshow bob stepping on rakes gif here*

*insert sideshow bob stepping on rakes gif here*

Exactly

I know I'm musically varied, but even I have to draw a line, at it comes at that faux country Jimmy Buckley and the likes.

Actually have a recommendation for ya if your interested.

I know I'm musically varied, but even I have to draw a line, at it comes at that faux country Jimmy Buckley and the likes.

Actually have a recommendation for ya if your interested.
    Go ahead.

Go ahead.

Colter Wall,

And his fantastic self titled debut album came out in May.

Colter Wall,

And his fantastic self titled debut album came out in May.

Thanks. I will look up more of his stuff later

• Advertisement

And now to devour some fast food :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement