Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons Mafia (WW XII) - May 21st - Sign Up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Uriel. wrote: »
    partially, i guess!!!

I'd like to see an 80s tv megamix theme - A-team, airwolf, MacGyver and the like!!! :pac:

I'm not old enough for that I'm afraid! :P Let's try a decade when I was on the planet! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Interest list: TiggerTritiumNecrominusEMF2010JayopUrielSullivloMollyb60gufc21Pterdottie_lottieLord TSCsKeithDrumpot 14 so far, this is great! We can't share too many details just yet, but it will be a themed game based on a very popular TV series. Probably no prizes for guessing, and nothing will be confirmed just yet, but guess away!

It's 'cheers' isn't it?

tritium wrote: »
    OMG!!!

Its Corrie isnt it?

Ken Barlow as the serial killer?

I can confirm that it's not this, although a soap based one would be hilarious! :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oooh! A themed game - me likey!! I know we had characters last time but the GOT, Harry Potter and Star Wars games looked like great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm not old enough for that I'm afraid! :P Let's try a decade when I was on the planet! :pac::pac::pac:

Jebus a wolf cub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I can confirm that it's not this, although a soap based one would be hilarious! :p

If we are to go the Corrie route at any stage, can I request that Richard Hillman be the serial killer? He was a chilling villain.

Anyway, I'm in.

I'll guess The Walking Dead. Or Star Trek.

There's no one even close yet. :) I'll give you a hint- it's both long running and set in an American town. First to post correctly will have my respect and a virtual high five. :cool:

The sign up poll for dates will be posted tonight, even if you've already expressed interest in the other thread please vote for your preferred date. Some things to note - the game will take place on Boards rather than the backroom (that means you play as your username, not anon), and we'll be aiming for a Sunday soft start followed by Monday Morning Munchies. Mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Westworld would be fun.. Plenty of story to work off..

Also, start of first few days could have exact same narrative as everything resets....

God I love that show!

Twin Peaks

Simpsons (which would be deadly)

• Advertisement

How do we play a character, for game purposes, using our own username?

Supernatural?

Dallas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

buffy
    smallville (small town us)

NCIS or Law and order are possibilities as long running shows set in US towns, but don't have a supernatural aspect to them. Hmmmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Smallville, having never seen this i don't know if it would work.

Jericho, as above

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Interest list (so far):

1. Tigger
    2. Tritium
    3. Necrominus
    4. EMF2010
    5. Jayop
    6. Uriel
    7. Sullivlo
    8. Mollyb60
    9. gufc21
    10. Pter
    11. dottie_lottie
    12. Lord TSC
    13. sKeith
    14. Drumpot
    15. quickbeam
    16. Barney92

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Drumpot wrote: »

you don't!! normally only the roled villagers and baddies get character names.

villagers are just villagers with the same names as boardsies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Nopeare

I'd be interested in playing.
    What date are you looking to start?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Buffy would have been my guess too...

Nopeare wrote: »
    I'd be interested in playing.
    What date are you looking to start?

It'll be towards the end of May. Hopefully we'll have a poll thread up shortly once we've sorted out the possible start dates.

• Advertisement

You can check out some examples in the forum, the Star Wars one was pretty popular.

Basically it's the same - lynch the bad guys. A theme makes it a bit more relaxed, and gives more scope for banter. If the theme was Buffy for example, characters could include Buffy and Spike and Faith. You could be assigned one of those, you wouldn't necessarily say on thread (unless there was a game reason) that you were Buffy, but you can make jokes and references to the Buffy universe. The important point is that the theme is just for entertainment - even if you don't know the theme it's still fine to play, it just makes it a bit easier to remember the roles. For me I found it super easy to remember that Hagrid was the bodyguard in the Harry Potter themed game, and that Voldemort was the main baddie, but as I know nothing about Star Wars none of the character names stuck in my head. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I have moved into a private office with actual proper internet access at work, so I'm definitely up for the next game if there's room. No more frantic phone toilet breaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

You can check out some examples in the forum, the Star Wars one was pretty popular.

Basically it's the same - lynch the bad guys. A theme makes it a bit more relaxed, and gives more scope for banter. If the theme was Buffy for example, characters could include Buffy and Spike and Faith. You could be assigned one of those, you wouldn't necessarily say on thread (unless there was a game reason) that you were Buffy, but you can make jokes and references to the Buffy universe. The important point is that the theme is just for entertainment - even if you don't know the theme it's still fine to play, it just makes it a bit easier to remember the roles. For me I found it super easy to remember that Hagrid was the bodyguard in the Harry Potter themed game, and that Voldemort was the main baddie, but as I know nothing about Star Wars none of the character names stuck in my head. :o

Does this mean it's Buffy?!! <3<3<3

Does this mean it's Buffy?!! <3<3<3

Eh, no. :D

Please be Buffy:P (I'm okay with any theme though)

(But it had better be Buffy):D:D:D:D

So I hear it's Buffy :). I suppose I'll be Giles :).

Lads, has anyone suggested Buffy yet?

These are the themes mentioned so far.
    It is one of these.
    • Westworld
    • The Golden Girls
    • The Brady Bunch
    • Noel's House Party
    • Corrie
    • Murder she wrote
    • Cheers
    • The Walking Dead
    • Star Trek
    • Twin Peaks
    • Simpsons
    • Supernatural
    • Dallas
    • Buffy
    • Smallville
    • NCIS
    • Law and Order
    • Jericho

One of ye has won themselves a deathproof first day. All will be revealed on Saturday. (Probably). Voting thread for dates is now available here, you don't need to sign up again but please visit and vote for your preferred date.

The golden girls ? Good luck trying to expand that universe into a WW game .

• Advertisement

The golden girls ? Good luck trying to expand that universe into a WW game .

Lol, I honestly haven't heard of about 20% of the choices, and I have only a passing familiarity with about 50% of the remaining choices! Themes are hard! :P

Advertisement