Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭dbas

Thanks Larsso. All residents have some issues unfortunately but the last few houses look to be the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stevie_indie_g

Does anyone know the reason for the holdup at the New Homes at Sea Scape keatingstwon. I can see the Detached homesb at the back are built and not occupied for almost over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rollingstones

Folks, we’re moving in soon, any suggestions on broadband providers, plans and quality in Wicklow town? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 afitz96

Hello, is this meadow hill that you’re moving in to? We’re buying there too and are waiting on a date to snag. Would love to hear the broadband suggestions also.

• Advertisement

If there's two small white boxes below the electricity meter box then you can get fibre to the home with eir or virgin.

Great! We're getting Vodafone. Hopefully they're good!

I'll have some feedback by the time you guys move in. Any idea on your snag dates yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 afitz96

We snagged on Monday, just waiting for the paperwork to be sorted now. Have ye snagged?

Great. We snagged last month and moved in a couple of weeks ago.

Got Vodafone btw and pretty good so far!

PM’d you the link to join the residents group we kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lu1515

@rollingstones @afitz96 hi! I’m moving to meadow hill as well, but I’m still waiting for my snag date seems things are moving very slow we were due to move in August now it seems is going to be September. Any recommendations on all this process? Did you do your floor?

• Advertisement

These guys are usually pretty quick. Suggest you talk to O’Neill Flanagan and the Redmond office of its getting too delayed.

we did our floor with martsworth in ashford, would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BtxKiddo

Hi everyone,

there are some units available at Sessile Oaks, Wicklow Town…not sure how come they are up on the market as they mention that they are ready to move.

any feedback on them, please? The prices are very good to be honest…

• Registered Users Posts: 35 997

We nearly bought one in Sessile Oaks in Spring 2022 but pulled out for various reasons. You can find more info in my comments here:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118640141/#Comment_118640141

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118649309#Comment_118649309

I think it's so telling that they still haven't been sold, and if you drive by the estate it looks the same as it did when we viewed (metal barriers at the gates, etc.). The agent who did the viewing there with us was full of bluster about how the phone was off the hook about Sessile Oaks with hundreds of emails about it and we better move fast, and then turned around and was very angry when we pulled out - that, combined with how they still haven't all sold, says it all to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BtxKiddo

Thanks for your reply. I had the feeling that it’s too good to be true…in fairness the agent on the phone was straight forward and told me some of the reasons:

1. Bad area(the next estate being problematic)
    2. Bad reputation of the building company

• Registered Users Posts: 35 997

That's good that they we're upfront. Our expereinces with the agent are so different I'm assuming the agent must have changed since we we're viewing, which can only be a good thing

We were on the list for one of them since my son was 3 months old. He's 7 now.

Those houses are standing for around 4-5 years now unsold. We were given deposits back and they were sold to tuath housing. Then a year later they appeared back on the market.

Something stinks about the whole site

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Was up there a few weeks ago dropping off a delivery and have to say, the view is stunning from the houses at the front. The you see the estate to the right and it sours it!

They are building a big Estate up behind it (not directly behind) , not sure on the name behind ashvale creche is better location wise I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hey folks, hoping some people may be able to give feedback on some estates in this area. Originally from Ashford. Down the country now but time to come back home, own house has just gone sale agreed. Have gone around the areas, looked at Sessile Oaks and Rathdrum, have had viewings in Meadow Hill, Glendasan, but now in better position to pursue a house.

Looking at Kirvin Hill, house came up this evening and while it may rise too high above our budget, want to know what it's like. Just know theres been a few houses gone up for sale and from what I know, they're only 3/4 years old so would be wondering why people are moving so quickly (not gor judging those moving, only in my place 5 years and it's a new build, hoping it's nothing about the area).

Also looking at The Oaks, are there any known issues there? Seems like a fairly standard estate.

Also potentially Brookfield Park, phase 2 is coming up so that might be an option. Of course other houses may come up, so only going on what is there now.

Live in Kirvin hill myself, great estate lovely houses and most importantly great spot for my kids.

Not been too many in the estate sold, but some I know of are to do with moving back abroad and needing bigger house etc.. Been a few cars stolen recently but it's in keeping with the area as a hole being targeted by some crowd from Dublin targeting certain cars etc.. Can't recommend the estate enough

That's good to hear, really good actually as we do have a 4 year old. Were told that 1 sold alright for moving to a bigger spot, so at least can believe the agents if say that. What's the internet situation like? I assume fibre is established, there'll be 2 of us wfh all going well. I imagine it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the bus too which is perfect.

• Advertisement

Ah Internet is grand here now. Used to be only regional broadband but I've had eir, virgin and now sky. 1tb line cannot go wrong.

Estate is full of younger kids, all do be out playing. Good peace of mind with it (I moved up from Dublin so the freedom is unreal for the kids)

Ah great to hear. Viewings next week anyway so good to hear the positives.

Are there heat pumps in the houses? Can't see mention so assume they are, know its not connected to gas and assume oil is never used aanymore. Sorry for all the questions

Air to water in all the houses pal, very handy. Used to be cheap as **** for electric but obviously gone up alot the last few years

Is it number 80 I seen that went up?

Just to add, a few estates around the area were targeted by a Dublin crew looking for Jap import cars not locked/secured properly.

I live near kirvin hill and they tried our estate as well. First sign of trouble since I moved from Dublin 5 years ago. It's a great area. Couldn't recommend it enough.

And because of this I know check my wife has locked her car at night for the first time since we moved here about 6/7 years ago. She's a disaster 😂

All sounds good so. Yeah number 80 is what we're going to look at.

I'm going to assume those car thief's were same as ones who went to my parents estate. Wouldon't judge an area on that.

Yeah all over rathnew checked cars.

Best of luck getting the house, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moliform

Please be careful if considering any purchase of any of the last houses of Seascapes. We were a buyer of one of these and pulled out after exhausting all efforts. When we paid our deposit we were told the house would be ready in a few months. After two years of stress and expense we withdrew due to a number of issues-NOT just because of delays- as far as I understand I think all buyers of last 7 houses also pulled out too. We bought in another new build estate and the difference in experience had been simply huge.

This is just my opinion but based on my experiences all I can say is, If buying a new build home do your homework on the builder/developer and take advice from a solicitor with experience in this field. Find buyers of houses of the developer/builder in other estates they built. If you cant find other estates they built, ask why. Is it clear who the developer/builder is and who is responsible if issues arise? Are they current members of CIRI or similar? If membership has lapsed, why? Ask local tradesmen, engineers, snaggers of their experience with an estate/builder/developer. Check with the council that all planning permission conditions have been resolved and probe further if you dont get clear answers. Dont be fobbed off with vague answers to legitimate questions. The estate agent is a sales person acting for the developer, they should perhaps not be your main source of information if you have concerns. Ignore any ‘gimmicks and shiny things’ added to the sale and focus on the quality of the build. You might be told with new builds there are so many regulations and standards you are fairly safe even with limited knowledge of house building. This is likely true with most new builds but not all. Familiarise yourself with building regulations and use an experienced snagger. Get everything in writing and save all correspondence. Be prepared to hold out until important issues are properly resolved.

We are out the other side but I just hope no one else goes through what we experienced. Wicklow/Rathnew are really great areas to settle, best of luck with your decisions ☺️

Good to hear. We actually bailed out on Kirvin not during to any issues, but a new phase in Brookfield came up so said we'd go with new build while also skipping the bidding part, far less stressful.

One of the things is that it's a local developer, they've been on the go for a long time, know people who have houses/extensions done by them back close to 30 years. Recognised the 2 main people involved too (based on website I'll say they're the main folks anyway). Know it won't be ready for a good while but that's OK.

Wold love to know what happened Sea Scape, there was a house there that we had half an interest in earlier this year but did leave it off.

• Advertisement

Currently going through enforcement proceedings with the council. Says so on the planning file. 16188 is the number. See for yourself.

The list of conditions they are accused of breaching is ridiculous.

Builder went through a few foremen over the years on the site. From the gossip I've heard he's terrible to deal with and a lie will do where the truth won't fit

Advertisement