Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillview estate Wicklow - should we buy beside it?

Options
  • 15-02-2022 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, I’m looking to possibly buy one of the new builds in Sessile Oaks in Wicklow which is beside Hillview Estate. I’ve been advised to not buy the house because of anti-social behaviour, fires, scramblers at all hours. Would anyone who has any experience around the area be able to confirm this? I don’t want to make the wrong move. Many thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 miciu_21

Hi .We have reserved a house there as well.We hope that if we mind our business we won’t have any trouble with them. Did you find out any more info about the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 997

To be honest I feel terrible telling you this but yeah we heard enough bad things that we pulled out of buying the house. We heard from multiple people we know who live in the Rose Hill area, as well of friends-of-friends who live around there too, who said absolutely don’t buy it:

Someone who lives further north than Sessile Oaks says he can hear the scramblers at all hours, there’s always fights, fires lit, etc., and that we should definitely not buy it it would be awful.

A friend who lives in Rose Hill says he doesn’t feel comfortable walking along that road to the local shop and will take the long way around. He also pointed out the the bus shelter has been smashed, which we saw ourselves.

The nail in the coffin for us was from a friend-of-a-friend who works in Tuath. Tuath apparently originally bought Sessile Oaks but then upon doing a case study found that, through data gathered about anti-social behaviour in Hillview from the Gardai as well as through behaviours they observed on multiple visits to the site, living next to Hillview would make it “unliveable” for anyone in Sessile Oaks. She says that’s why they pulled out of the estate and why the houses have gone back up as private sales.

There’s more along the same lines but basically we just got so many red flags raised that we had to listen, it wasn’t just one or two bad reports, we heard nothing but bad reports.

We were devastated to let go of such a lovely house, especially as it’s been so hard to find one, but it just didn’t feel right for us to proceed 😕

As I said I feel terrible telling you this but I was glad I had also the info before I made a huge mistake buying the house, so I just want you to have all the info so you can make an informed decision too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

As a local it's probably the worst estate around. To give examples they changed the name of the estate due to getting a bad name. I know people living there and on the front road of that estate it's not half as bad. The middle and top road are very bad. They put up bollards to stop joyriders. It's relatively tiny, but it's bad. Plenty of stories

This is probably worst, from middle road

They set a house on fire with a nun living in it (arson). Her windows were plastic due to routine vandalism.

It's less than 50 houses but..

drIve in and around and the estate next door, you can tell by debris on the road it's a bad area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 miciu_21

Thank you for all this information. It’s so frustrating to finally find the house of your dreams , but not being able to feel happy about it. It looks like we have a decision to make ..

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Coddle4dinner

Never heard of it but I took a look on street view,

What a **** hole

• Advertisement

Yeah we were in the exact same boat as you, I feel so bad being the bearer of bad news but it’s only right that you have all the info. In the end we decided to not get the house, it just seemed so risky that things would go wrong. Best of luck with whatever you decide 🙏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheesypuffs

We put a deposit on one too and as I grew up in a Dublin council estate that's had a fair few problems over the years, we were thinking how bad can it be. Reading this makes me wonder. I know it's not politic to ask, but does anyone know if the neighbours are 'settled travellers'? Drove through Hillview last Sarurday and the upper levels certainly felt that way.

I had been advised by a local agent not to buy in Rose Hill before, so if people from Rose Hill are telling folk not to buy in Sessile Oaks...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Rosehill is used as a thoroughfare down to the town from seacrest/hillview so I can see the logic there.....I can't see there being huge interaction between the 2 estates due to their layout but a decent boundary between the 2 would be no harm if reports from here are anything to go by, there's not many new estates without social housing being part of their makeup and I'd be more concerned with what's going into a new estate rather than the one next door.

The estate agent told us there’s three traveller families in Hillview.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

....if that's gonna be a problem then your looking in the wrong town🤣

• Advertisement
Advertisement