Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭dbas

Sandiindia wrote: »
    Hello All,
    We are looking to buy house at Sea Scape, I would appreciate any feedback from people who are living there. Or know the area that can help me take a decision. I see mixed reviews however when I visited I like the show house and the area as well.
    Any suggestions, comments or feedback would be highly appreciated
    Thanks a million
    Cheers
    Sandi

We are looking at a house in there. Area is nice enough. Very close to schools and enough shops. Plenty to do within your 5km limit. We're living in wicklow the last two and a half years now. Lovely town

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

dbas wrote: »
    We are looking at a house in there. Area is nice enough. Very close to schools and enough shops. Plenty to do within your 5km limit. We're living in wicklow the last two and a half years now. Lovely town

Would agree with this, live close by myself. Never tire of the views of the sea! Love the town and I'm born and bred in dublin till I move up a few years ago.

Hopefully wicklow town develops to coincide with the amount of houses being built!

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Would agree with this, live close by myself. Never tire of the views of the sea! Love the town and I'm born and bred in dublin till I move up a few years ago.

Hopefully wicklow town develops to coincide with the amount of houses being built!

There'll be lots of new houses built in keatingstown between wicklow and rathnew over the next ten years. The infrastructure is already in place for more houses to be built. The main stumbling blocks as I see it is traffic on m11 and the lack of a twin train track south of Bray.
    Crime rates are tiny / non existent compared to Dublin

It's 100% social housing, unclear if it's the council or an approved housing body yet.

The planning file is a complete shambles aswell. Having gone through thousands of applications in the past decade. This application certainly gave the most entertainment. The correspondence from the 24th of August 2020 is where the gold is at.

Don't know if you're on LinkedIn but you might recognise some pictures from this post

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/tuath-housing-association_departmentofhousing-homes-construction-activity-6768560216515629056-QchY

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

Good spot.
    I'm surprised Tuath didn't do away with the porch and rendered band around the ground floor window. They're building gossip walls on semis which makes no sense.

There's at least 2 houses in second row with render on and scaffold dropped but no windows or doors in. A self builder with no building experience wouldn't even do that. Another reason to have no confidence.

If memory serves me right they stripped ground in May 2017 and got started late 2018 it will be Q2 2022 before they are off site.

• Advertisement

Good spot.
    I'm surprised Tuath didn't do away with the porch and rendered band around the ground floor window. They're building gossip walls on semis which makes no sense.

There's at least 2 houses in second row with render on and scaffold dropped but no windows or doors in. A self builder with no building experience wouldn't even do that. Another reason to have no confidence.

If memory serves me right they stripped ground in May 2017 and got started late 2018 it will be Q2 2022 before they are off site.

That sounds about right. The flooding out on the road in the rain is terrible.
    We viewed the house nearest the gate around last May.
    Very poor finish inside and the houses on the back row are around 4-5 metres lower than the plans indicate.
    They are a bunch of chancers whoever is building it. Brendan Kelly is one name of a builder involved in it.
    Seems to be a lot of money being spent on the site all the same. It stinks

That sounds about right. The flooding out on the road in the rain is terrible.
    We viewed the house nearest the gate around last May.
    Very poor finish inside and the houses on the back row are around 4-5 metres lower than the plans indicate.
    They are a bunch of chancers whoever is building it. Brendan Kelly is one name of a builder involved in it.
    Seems to be a lot of money being spent on the site all the same. It stinks

In fairness to them the flooding on the road was worse before they started. There was a massive flow of runoff/storm out of the site for the last month luckily it was going straight into a gully in the dip of the road.

I can only imagine what the finish was like. The finished floor levels (FFL) are not correct but they are not 4/5 meters off which would put the first and second row level.

I have a few names of those involved and from what I can see none of them have any involvement in construction.

I'm sure Castlehaven (finance company) are delighted to see the development sold to Tuath as they can finally get the money back.

The current developer has a masterplan for circa 200 more units on attached lands but I suspect it will be another decade before a different developer provides more houses on the lands.

In fairness to them the flooding on the road was worse before they started. There was a massive flow of runoff/storm out of the site for the last month luckily it was going straight into a gully in the dip of the road.

I can only imagine what the finish was like. The finished floor levels (FFL) are not correct but they are not 4/5 meters off which would put the first and second row level.

I have a few names of those involved and from what I can see none of them have any involvement in construction.

I'm sure Castlehaven (finance company) are delighted to see the development sold to Tuath as they can finally get the money back.

The current developer has a masterplan for circa 200 more units on attached lands but I suspect it will be another decade before a different developer provides more houses on the lands.

Surely the current developer wouldn't get permission for another development after this fiasco, and his comrade's email exchange saved onto the planning application!

That masterplan did look very good all the same.

Estate agents in the town were telling us years ago that those houses in Sessile Oaks would never be built due to issues with the site. I put it down to sales talk. If only I'd listened.

We're looking at Seascape out on the Keatingstown road now. Lovely houses- nice finish

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Moliform

Does anyone know what is planned for the land beside Seascape? Is it just more residential or nothing yet?

It depends on what way the land is zoned.
    I would imagine it would all be residential though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lollz6397

Hi all, I'm wondering if any of you have purchased houses from latest phases of Seascape on the Keatingstown Road.

Signed contracts almost a year ago now and due to Covid building was delayed considerably.

Communication from the developer has been abysmal with vague dates for snag.

Just wondering if there's anyone in the same boat? Feeling fed up at this stage!

Cheers x

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

hi - there are planning permission signs up on this land now. for something like c.80 houses along with a creche and I think some apartments. from reading the planning permission sign last night it seems that they are going to use all the land from Seascape down to the roundabout at the bottom of the road to the side of teh Kirvin hill estate

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnny-don

Hi @lollz6397 , we have also purchased a house from the last phase as well. The developers have been useless in passing on information to us. We have talked to the builders on site a few times and they reckon that we should be in by March next year but I doubt it. Apparently supplies and trades people are hard to come by.

What is the starting price for Tinakilly Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

I asked the prices around July & was told 350k for a 3 bed & 450k for 4 beds, I haven't seen any official prices though. They sold some off the plans in August. I was told there would be show houses in November but never heard anything about them so I don't know if they went ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Darragh88

Hi @johnny-don @lollz6397 Just wondering if either or you had any further feedback from anyone at the developer? I was due to snag two weeks ago but was told the property wasn't going to be fully complete so cancelled the inspection. Have been chasing for two weeks now for a new completion date but no reply. No response to any emails and the office phone number does not appear to be connected. Any info you might have would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Darragh88. I currently live in Seascape and I would suggest that you employ a very good engineer to snag the house. It may cost around €1000 for such a detailed service but it would be worth it in the long run. They are very slow on site and some of the houses had some water damage during they latest storm.

Sesille Oaks is now up for sale as of today! Signs are up at the estate and ads on Daft.

An indepth report by a building surveyor would be prudent, and not just by a paint and curtains snagger.

One would wonder what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Just came on her to post this. Does this mean it's no longer going social housing route or is it a mix?

• Advertisement

So tuath housing have walked away it seems.. We waited on one of those houses for years before getting our deposit back.

They were poor quality when we viewed it.

Unbelievable price for those 4 beds. They are a small house.

They will be snapped up unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lex_Luthor

I was thinking that Sessile Oaks was a decent price given the market the way it is and how close to Wicklow Town. Was it planned for social housing? Is the build quality poor? Area not okay?

Coming to this tread later and read back over some comments but can't understand exactly what the isues are with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

Originally Sessile Oaks was to have been built as a private estate & then was said to have been handed over for social housing. The development was started maybe four or five years ago, maybe a little longer. I have no idea to the legals or quality of build etc but it just seems to be taking quite some time to complete.

The fact that they are fully finished, alarms installed etc etc suddenly coming to market again is a bit strange.

I'd love to know someone in tuath housing so I could get the back story to it, if any.

My advice to anyone who is considering buying one is to get a complete survey done on the building. No €200 box ticker snaggers

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

....was wondering same myself!.....in other news PP has gone in for a phase of 81 units beside the rugby club....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I remember going to see one (drive by didn't go inside) of these 4 years ago, they were in an advance stage of completion. I'd definitely would be asking tough questions and getting the best surveyor your money can stretch to.

Thanks for the responses. I would be getting a good surveyor no matter where I would buy. From Dublin, living abroad at the moment and looking to move home. Not the best time to be looking to buy though 😬

Dublin is preferable but prices too high or no value to be had.

Starting to look just outside Dublin but somewhere that is not too far from public transport as I don't drive. If I move back I would learn of course.

Tinakilly Park looks nice. Any information on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coco178

We are looking to buy in Wicklow at the moment. Prices too good to be true for Sessile Oaks and on further inspection of the location it seems to be not great. We are hoping to buy in the next phase of Tinakilly Park. Should be launching mid to end of Feb. Really difficult time to buy which is typical of our luck 🙄 4 bed detached starting from around 450k I believe

Agreed, Sessile Oaks seems too good to be true!

Just can't see things changing anytime soon, so just go to go with it me thinks. It's a problem all around Europe now, especially closer to cities. So much demand and little supply. However the renting issue isn't as bad as it is in Ireland, even if it is challenging!

450k is expensive but when you break it down by price per sqm, it's not too bad for a new build with it being close to Wicklow Town. I would be interested in a 3 bed myself, 2 if they were doing them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 cheesypuffs

New to this discussion but went looking for something on sessile oaks and lo, there is much to behold. Only heard of it when it came up on daft this week and thought it looked too good to be true also, which prompted me to Boards it. Will continue with viewing but I have a distinct impression of buyer beware, so thanks to all of you who have provided good info on it. Especially Dbas, sounds like you went through a lot but glad to see you're settled elsewhere. If anything comes of our viewing, will let ye know but would prefer Tinakilly based on what I've read here.

Advertisement