Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the M28 Cork-Ringaskiddy motorway be built? [project approved]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

marno21 wrote: »
    It is in fairness.

The level of one sided reporting in the Examiner is becoming ridiculous now.

To those posting on Facebook: Harrington/Steering Group are not interested in debate. They made that clear quite a long time ago. It's difficult to debate when you have nothing but fabricated gibberish as your arguments. If I lived in the area I'd distance myself from M28 Steering Group at this stage because the rubbish they are coming out with now just makes them look a little light on brainpower. The cost argument today holds so little water

I'll have to sign up to P.R.O.C i think.

The steering group are endlessly deleting comments.

I have now made a formal invite to Justin Gerard Harrington to join us here on boards.ie via their steering group page,i fully expect no response from him and for my comment to be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Don't bother comment, as they will delete your comment and block you. Instead give them a review on the FB page, this they cannot delete as far as I know, once its not offensive and comply with Facebook rules.

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/community/question/?id=10207960226947347

So, review away. ;)

markodaly wrote: »
    Don't bother comment, as they will delete your comment and block you. Instead give them a review on the FB page, this they cannot delete as far as I know, once its not offensive and comply with Facebook rules.

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/community/question/?id=10207960226947347

So, review away. ;)

Thanks Mark.

My comment directly to Harrington has now been removed.

I will leave a review,as yet I believe they cannot be deleted, it just goes to show they are all steam backing out of every reasonable attempt to debate and also very valid comments aren’t being accepted either.

I did get a request to reveal my true identity from one of them earlier but naturally I declined.

Thanks Mark.

My comment directly to Harrington has now been removed.

I will leave a review,as yet I believe they cannot be deleted, it just goes to show they are all steam backing out of every reasonable attempt to debate and also very valid comments aren’t being accepted either.

I did get a request to reveal my true identity from one of them earlier but naturally I declined.

Yes, review first though, as if you are blocked you will not be able to add a review after.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Yes, review first though, as if you are blocked you will not be able to add a review after.

Too late, i'm blocked.

Middle Man wrote: »
    I think we should start a petition here and complain to ABP about the steering group's behaviour...

Harrington has addressed you directly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I don't know the house in question but i am curious on one thing, is Harrington and his group 'coaching' this lady with what to say?

Will the house in its entirety be CPO'd i wonder or just part of it?

It appears on the surface to be a tug of the heartstrings.

As for the church, all i can do is laugh, the numbers are in decline in recent decades and continue to fall further.

I'm one of 3 members so far on this 'Douglas for M28' group.

Can boardsies sign up? Even if under the boards username like i've done myself?

As i said previously, i'm a Northside man but want proper infrastructure across Cork amongst other area's.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1472248312870551/?notif_id=1510818492549889&notif_t=group_r2j_approved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Aontachtoir

If the oral hearing is set to continue into December, I find it hard to see ABP meeting the December 21st target for a decision.

Shame about the most recent Examiner article. Truly low quality rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

I'm one of 3 members so far on this 'Douglas for M28' group.

Can boardsies sign up? Even if under the boards username like i've done myself?

As i said previously, i'm a Northside man but want proper infrastructure across Cork amongst other area's.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1472248312870551/?notif_id=1510818492549889&notif_t=group_r2j_approved
    I've just requested membership - great idea!

If the oral hearing is set to continue into December, I find it hard to see ABP meeting the December 21st target for a decision.

Shame about the most recent Examiner article. Truly low quality rubbish.

Lowest of the low.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The Taliban had a noise expert in today to discuss the widespread heart disease and mental health problems that the M28 will cause. I'm at a loss as to where this noise will come from.

Harringtons Facebook picture is of him on a foreign holiday. Of course the jet engine that flew him there was silent.

M28 Steering Group is starting to get negative reviews, one from a local resident giving out about a lack of debate was got the response that she was playing down the risk from noxious gases caused by the motorway.

It's a sad world we live in.

The Taliban had a noise expert in today to discuss the widespread heart disease and mental health problems that the M28 will cause. I'm at a loss as to where this noise will come from.

Harringtons Facebook picture is of him on a foreign holiday. Of course the jet engine that flew him there was silent.

M28 Steering Group is starting to get negative reviews, one from a local resident giving out about a lack of debate was got the response that she was playing down the risk from noxious gases caused by the motorway.

I would like to see this report and how accurate the equipment is for measuring the noise.

Would i be right in saying this needs to be calibrated?

They are clutching straws in relation to it big time.

And mental health, i've had a lot of problems in that area when i was younger, can i see how this will impact on it?

Heart disease from stress and a bad diet maybe yes, but from a motorway?

Harrington sunning himself is something else, he'll probably tell us he traveled on a hot air balloon due to the noise of a jet or plane :rolleyes:

In relation to the fumes etc, i take it the whole issue around trucks is the reason for it?

I posted the following link on their page last night before they removed it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards

My truck is Euro 6 compliant.

The toxic fumes out of that are less than the Mercedes Sprinter i had in a previous employment so blaming truckers doesn't wash with me at all at all.

These people need to be educated on what adblue in a truck or bus does, i drove buses before with this additive.

The next chance i get if i have a day off i'm actually going to go to a meeting and take notes, the last meeting in the ambassador i couldn't get off work.

I want to see for myself is what they are saying and printing/typing in the media one and the same.

Is there anyone here from Ballygarvan looking in or even Ballinhassig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

She's actually a periodontist not a doctor. Doctor line engineer, architect or planner is a very loose term in Ireland.
    My highlight thus far was last week they were showing what they perceived to be the results of a chemical accident on the Mulcon Valley from the proposed M28, they never mentioned the fact that there could be one on the current N28 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Golfer50

I'm not reentering this debate until the oral hearing . . . . Oh wait . . . . 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm watching this entire thing as an interested outsider (who is in that area a fair bit), but I can't honestly believe that planning and approval of key infrastructure projects like this is down to being able to see through the unsubstantiated ranting and claims of people on bloody Facebook

Are we REALLY still that backwards??

Golfer50 wrote: »

I did, and then a few days later I saw what was coming out at the oral hearing, and I just couldn't help myself.....

If you feel I'm holding you back from debating the issue I will leave again.

Are this steering group gutsy enough to mount a legal challenge to EU Law insisting on the motorway for the Port Of Cork?

• Advertisement

The below post is copied and pasted from the steering group, they really are hypocrites.

"Mr Paddy Brennan , upper Kensington making his presentation on traffic at today's Oral hearing. He outlined an incremental increase Diesel Cars and trucks that would affect this particular area. Paddy outlined how his residents would be locked in to their estate by the back log of traffic . He is also worried about the affects that this would have on the young children in the area. Along side paddy is Fergal O' Dea (Architect) outlining the statistics in relation to his presentation."

None of these residents drive diesel cars i assume?

All drive Nissan Leaf's, Renault Zoe's, Hyundai ioniq and their like i take it?

I must give my cousin a mail, he is an architect living in Carrigaline, i'd like to know his position on this.

The last time i visited mount oval children were anything but locked into their houses and i include upper kensington,foxwood and other surrounding estates.

The below post is copied and pasted from the steering group, they really are hypocrites.

"Mr Paddy Brennan , upper Kensington making his presentation on traffic at today's Oral hearing. He outlined an incremental increase Diesel Cars and trucks that would affect this particular area. Paddy outlined how his residents would be locked in to their estate by the back log of traffic . He is also worried about the affects that this would have on the young children in the area. Along side paddy is Fergal O' Dea (Architect) outlining the statistics in relation to his presentation."

None of these residents drive diesel cars i assume?

All drive Nissan Leaf's, Renault Zoe's, Hyundai ioniq and their like i take it?

I must give my cousin a mail, he is an architect living in Carrigaline, i'd like to know his position on this.

The last time i visited mount oval children were anything but locked into their houses and i include upper kensington,foxwood and other surrounding estates.

Yes, the Sterring group doing themselves proud!

So, what do they do? Enlist two FF TD's in order to help them 'steer' the route down the county.
    One of these FF TD's was in government as a minister who presided over a budget which changed the motor tax regime, a change which saw Diesel cars became the most popular car on our road today, so popular they make up over 70% of new car sales...... Couldn't make this up.

That is beside the point now, as EV and Hybrids will be making up 50% of new car sales in ten years time, so say the SIMI. But again, scare mongering at its finest from the steering group.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'm watching this entire thing as an interested outsider (who is in that area a fair bit), but I can't honestly believe that planning and approval of key infrastructure projects like this is down to being able to see through the unsubstantiated ranting and claims of people on bloody Facebook

Are we REALLY still that backwards??
    Indeed - it's one of the reasons we don't get things done in this country. The Field mentality is alive and well unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

A lot of posters on this thread saying Bloomfield is the only acceptable entry point for the new motorway to join onto the N40. I must say I have serious doubts about this as traffic gets very bad there at peak times due to the narrowing of the N40 where is overpasses Douglas village. Current thread about it here :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057807437

I can't see how this extra traffic from the port is gonna manage here. This is the main reason I think a route via the airport and joining onto the Bandon road should be looked into further. Not all traffic will use the new route obviously but it will at least split it across 3 entries to the N40 as some will use the current n28, some may find it better to come down the airport hill and some heading to Bishopstown/CIT/UCC/Ballincollig would continue to the Bandon road.

Ludo wrote: »
    A lot of posters on this thread saying Bloomfield is the only acceptable entry point for the new motorway to join onto the N40. I must say I have serious doubts about this as traffic gets very bad there at peak times due to the narrowing of the N40 where is overpasses Douglas village. Current thread about it here :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057807437

I can't see how this extra traffic from the port is gonna manage here. This is the main reason I think a route via the airport and joining onto the Bandon road should be looked into further. Not all traffic will use the new route obviously but it will at least split it across 3 entries to the N40 as some will use the current n28, some may find it better to come down the airport hill and some heading to Bishopstown/CIT/UCC/Ballincollig would continue to the Bandon road.
    That's not a convincing argument to me - no matter where you put the junction, traffic off the M28 will still encounter the same problem - for example, bring the M28 to the Kinsale Road Interchange and where does the traffic heading for the Jack Lynch Tunnel need to go - yep, through the narrow 4 lane elevated section past Douglas. Unless you're talking about having two roads splitting somewhere north of the Shannonpark Roundabout so that all M28 traffic can avoid that section - doubt ABP would be happy about that (even leaving the existing Mulcon Valley road as is and building another 2+2 road further west)!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

This added on Steering group FB page just now:
    TONIGHT'S EPISODE ON PRIME TIME (16.11.2017) WAS ABOUT HOW TOWNS NEAR MOTORWAYS EXPERIENCE MORE BURGLARIES. THIS IS BECAUSE THE ROBBERS HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THEIR VICTIMS HOMES AND CAN EASILY ESCAPE VIA THE MOTORWAY ITSELF.

Rooy wrote: »
    Straw clutching - in the 1980's, we had an unbelievable number of burglaries in East Meath and there was no motorway even close! I seriously doubt that ABP would entertain this - in fact, if brought up at the oral hearing, I guess the steering group will lose face!

Golfer50 wrote: »
    Can I ask your opinion on the slip road to Mount Oval?

• Advertisement

Rooy wrote: »

Video here: https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/prime-time-30003251/10804317/

No suggestion that motorways are to blame for robbers, just that it enables gangs to escape faster due to lack of local Gardai and resultant response times. Local suggests placing ANPR cameras on motorway on ramps and off ramps. Would 100% agree here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement