Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the M28 Cork-Ringaskiddy motorway be built? [project approved]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

marno21 wrote: »

Fcuking paywall :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I've created a poll here for you to express your opinion on the M28, I'll put together the results when everyone has voted

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057807716

No chat on that thread; will be strictly enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Golfer50 wrote: »
    Examiner article above . .
    "Meanwhile, a spokesman for life science companies Biomarin, DePuy, GSK, Janssen, Novartis, Pfizer, Recordati, Carbon Group and Hovione, which employ over 5,000, confirmed they backed the residents’ group."

It's funny how 'De Paper"completely misquoted what the spokesperson said, he said the road was essential to sustain future investment in Ringaskiddy which is facing continuous competition from sister plants in other locations for investment, he said the road would improve Ringaskiddy's standing. He acknowledged that the local community preferred to original route and that they would have liked to have seen more mitigation for the local community, he also outlined how dangerous the current road is for both the local community and for them as employers, highlighting how a staff member of Bio Marin had recently lost a close relative in an accident on the N28 near Shannonpark.
    Nowhere did he say that they were united in opposition with the local community to the project.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/planned-cork-motorway-will-not-eliminate-bottlenecks-hearing-is-told-1.3291214?mode=amp

Councillor tells hearing that M28 will not solve "bottlenecks"

Also to the other councillor, Dunkettle starts in Q1 2019. The M28 will not start until 2021 at the earliest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/planned-cork-motorway-will-not-eliminate-bottlenecks-hearing-is-told-1.3291214?mode=amp

Councillor tells hearing that M28 will not solve "bottlenecks"

Also to the other councillor, Dunkettle starts in Q1 2019. The M28 will not start until 2021 at the earliest
    Indeed - classic NIMBY talk IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Typical FF going with the flow politics in action.
    Don't rush with it? Is this guy for real, the existing issues are only getting worse and the container terminal needs to be in Ringaskiddy.

In 2007, the Dublin Port Tunnel opened 3 years before the M50 upgrade was completed, and this was a plan to divert a massive volume of HGV traffic onto a massive clogged M50 with the toll plaza still in situ.

Dunkettle starts Q1 2019. M28 won't even be at tender when Dunkettle starts. "Kick the can down the road".

Shameless ****s in the Examiner at it again

Despite half the article advising what will be done to mitigate any issues with the M28, by a qualified engineer, the article is headlined "Warning about Cork-Ringaskiddy motorway" reflecting the opinion of an agenda driven local with a bee in his bonnet

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/warning-on-impact-of-180m-cork-ringaskiddy-motorway-462833.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Despite half the article advising what will be done to mitigate any issues with the M28, by a qualified engineer, the article is headlined "Warning about Cork-Ringaskiddy motorway" reflecting the opinion of an agenda driven local with a bee in his bonnet

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/warning-on-impact-of-180m-cork-ringaskiddy-motorway-462833.html
    Photoshop is a disgrace. The Examiner is a rag

Would someone please shut that pr1ck Harrington up once and for all.

Is Barry Galvin still in active service as a solicitor? I thought he retired last year?

• Advertisement

This crowd are taking the Michael now, seriously? :mad:

https://www.facebook.com/M28-Steering-Group-175111606272101/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Had a look through their photos, the room they are using is absolutely empty, and yet they claim to represent 10,000 residents!

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Had a look through their photos, the room they are using is absolutely empty, and yet they claim to represent 10,000 residents!

The 10,000 residents is imaginary i can only think.

They have said on a post that Simon Coveney is on their side in opposition to this, can anyone verify that?

I asked Simon himself on twitter a few days ago and got nothing back, in fairness to Dan Boyle he has interacted with me on twitter and us on this forum.

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/929477463683600384

I'm just back having carried out a bombing raid on that page!
    I really hope ABP pushes the nuke button to end it all!

Middle Man wrote: »
    I'm just back having carried out a bombing raid on that page!
    I really hope ABP pushes the nuke button to end it all!

Is that you BlackQueen :pac:

Is that you BlackQueen :pac:
    ;) I see I'm not alone in the bombing raid!

Harrington now giving about the cost of the project and suggests making it twice as long and requiring more land to be purchased. He's running out of arguments now.

These people are in support of a motorway off ramp directly into a housing estate but giving out about the aesthetics of it. Dear God

;) I see I'm not alone in the bombing raid!

Has to be done.

I'm in favour of this motorway on the existing N28.

Harrington now giving about the cost of the project and suggests making it twice as long and requiring more land to be purchased. He's running out of arguments now.

These people are in support of a motorway off ramp directly into a housing estate but giving out about the aesthetics of it. Dear God

I've posted on their page in the hope Harrington will personally address it and back up his claims.

It's scaremongering.

Mount Oval Village is like another planet, i hate going there.

I think the steering group have deleted all my comments - so that's how they deal with people who oppose them is it?

I wonder should I email ABP about that?

• Advertisement

I think the steering group have deleted all my comments - so that's how they deal with people who oppose them is it?

I wonder should I email ABP about that?

My comments were also deleted.

I tried to respond to a writer with the following:

"My children are already exposed to all of this if not more where i live. An alternative route has not been deemed viable in all of this. Also on the alternative route you would most likely get NIMBY's. Is it a hefty payoff to silence people that is being sought here? Also this has the potential to cost jobs. I should also address something further in relation to fumes. Do you know that modern trucks emit less fumes than alot of cars due to the advancement in technology and also a fuel additive called Adblue? This link may be of interest to some in relation to Euro 6 and Euro 7"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards

I've posted on their page in the hope Harrington will personally address it and back up his claims.

It's scaremongering.

Mount Oval Village is like another planet, i hate going there.

I think some of your comments might be gone too!

Well, it just goes to show the quality of their arguments doesn't it!

I think some of your comments might be gone too!

Well, it just goes to show the quality of their arguments doesn't it!

The whole lot are gone.

I was up for a constructive debate.

The whole lot are gone.

I was up for a constructive debate.

I think we should start a petition here and complain to ABP about the steering group's behaviour...

Ah the best solution to that so, if the aesthetics are that upsetting for the NIMBY brigade,then scrap the off ramp into Mount Oval and revert to the original plan with Mount Oval bound traffic having to exit at the intersection at Carrs Hill and then going across Maryborough Ridge and Moneygourney to get back to Mount Oval.

I will be hysterical with laughter if ABP decided that.

I think we should start a petition here and complain to ABP about the steering group's behaviour...

What will they make of the back up of traffic from this.

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/930853776696709120

kub wrote: »
    Ah the best solution to that so, if the aesthetics are that upsetting for the NIMBY brigade,then scrap the off ramp into Mount Oval and revert to the original plan with Mount Oval bound traffic having to exit at the intersection at Carrs Hill and then going across Maryborough Ridge and Moneygourney to get back to Mount Oval.

You said it mate!

Well said kub!

Discussion on local Cork forum here for anyone interested..

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240285&page=7

Has anyone clicked on that thread lately, it seems to be getting VERY interesting.

• Advertisement

Has anyone clicked on that thread lately, it seems to be getting VERY interesting.

It is in fairness.

The level of one sided reporting in the Examiner is becoming ridiculous now.

To those posting on Facebook: Harrington/Steering Group are not interested in debate. They made that clear quite a long time ago. It's difficult to debate when you have nothing but fabricated gibberish as your arguments. If I lived in the area I'd distance myself from M28 Steering Group at this stage because the rubbish they are coming out with now just makes them look a little light on brainpower. The cost argument today holds so little water

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement