Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katie price n word outrage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

There was less uproar when her son said "Cunt" live on Loose Womdn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Should be Dwight on there speaking up for his son. Excuse of a man.

He is too busy sticking Yorkie Bars up his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

me_irl wrote: »
    So, After Hours is a Daily Mail echo chamber now is it?

So, After Hours is a Daily Mail echo chamber now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i deliberately avoided posting links to the sun or the daily mail to avoid the ''not reading that'' whinging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

I'd still ride her

It'd be like opening a window and fûcking the night...

Back on topic. Slow news day... Using the 'n' word... Pffft - it's just a word. Get over it already.

By the by...

Isn't Dwight Yorke (ex footballer) Harvey's dad? Poor excuse of a man if he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pontoonz

nice boobs jordan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't overly check because I don't really care but a lot of people seem to be outraged about the outrage. I actually didn't come across any outrage about Katie Price saying ******. Whatever the cause or mission she is on she seems to be very successful promoting it. But still bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What's the big deal? Yes it's a derogatory word but so is many other words. Her disabled child is being referred to as that word, she's using it in that context. People have little to be offended about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is echo chamber the new fad phrase?

I get the feeling people just like the sound of it like the sound of it.

" I'm gonna go and get the papers. Get the papers. " (Straightening tie).

kinda funny how all the smelly hippy woman are jaelous of the hot right-wing girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

meeeeh wrote: »
    I didn't overly check because I don't really care but a lot of people seem to be outraged about the outrage. I actually didn't come across any outrage about Katie Price saying ******. Whatever the cause or mission she is on she seems to be very successful promoting it. But still bloody annoying.

She's promoting herself. Grabbing headlines for a just cause to keep herself in the limelight. She ain't getting any younger like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

She's promoting herself. Grabbing headlines for a just cause to keep herself in the limelight. She ain't getting any younger like.

Mmmmmmm......she's a milllionaire, yes an attention seeker, but she doesn't need to grab headlines anymore. She is a mother who is disgusted about how people are slagging her kid. For a bit of context, there has been a lot of coverage about mothers standing up against the hse to allow their children to obtain medicine. A mothers love knows no bounds for their kids....and she is right for calling out keyboard warriors who make fun of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

joeguevara wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm......she's a milllionaire, yes an attention seeker, but she doesn't need to grab headlines anymore. She is a mother who is disgusted about how people are slagging her kid. For a bit of context, there has been a lot of coverage about mothers standing up against the hse to allow their children to obtain medicine. A mothers love knows no bounds for their kids....and she is right for calling out keyboard warriors who make fun of him!

I hear ya but this woman will be trying to grab headlines til the day she dies.

i'd swap my wife for 10 minutes with jordan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

pontoonz wrote: »

I don't get this, she looks like shes been run over? 2/10 would not bang

I don't get this, she looks like shes been run over? 2/10 would not bang

it's about love

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I hear ya but this woman will be trying to grab headlines til the day she dies.

Easier ways for her to grab headlines....she doesn't bring her other kids to limelight...she is standing up for her son....is that not ok? For example if she walked from one end of the country to the House of Commons to raise awareness for her sons buullying would she be applauded or called an attention seeking b1tch? If Harvey needed a medicine that wasn't on the medical card and she was raising awareness for it, is she an attention seeking wh0re? Or is she a mother looking out for her kid but an easy target because she was a glamor model in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

pontoonz wrote: »

How big is your big toe? You might have a chance :p

How big is your big toe? You might have a chance :p

oi oi not being funny

it;s typical though isn't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

TBH, Ms. Price seems delighted to be able to get up on her high horse about people's reactions to her son. She should be shielding her kids, not pushing and prodding them into the limelight. I think the abuse Harvey receives will affect him more profoundly because she makes such a song and dance about it. Hideous woman. And her two young 'uns are so obnoxiously gobby and precocious. I know that's not their fault and this is the only life they know but that can't end well. Imagine having her and that Andre... thing for parents? Shudder.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    Easier ways for her to grab headlines....she doesn't bring her other kids to limelight

You're joking, right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It's ridiculous to have such a complete taboo on a word yet at the same time have it spouted constantly throughout music, tv and film.

That reminds me of a readers' letter to Viz magazine:

"How come rap artist Dr. Dre can use the 'N' word on his multi-million selling albums and win a MOBO award, yet when I used it at my son's football match I was asked to leave the park? Once again, it's one law for the rich and another for the poor."

She could easily have just euphemistically said "the n-word" like most normal people would if they needed to refer to that word on daytime television. Then maybe the papers would be reporting the bullying story itself, rather than going on about people's reaction to her using the word.

RayM wrote: »

"How come rap artist Dr. Dre can use the 'N' word on his multi-million selling albums and win a MOBO award, yet when I used it at my son's football match I was asked to leave the park? Once again, it's one law for the rich and another for the poor."

She could easily have just euphemistically said "the n-word" like most normal people would if they needed to refer to that word on daytime television. Then maybe the papers would be reporting the bullying story itself, rather than going on about people's reaction to her using the word.

Exactly. Hence my suspicion of her motives. She seems a bit too eager to publicise Harvey's woes, IMO, and his exposure to the media, along with her other kids, is irresponsible and inappropriate IMO and has probably made Harvey more of a target to the troglodytes out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Murrisk wrote: »
    TBH, Ms. Price seems delighted to be able to get up on her high horse about people's reactions to her son. She should be shielding her kids, not pushing and prodding them into the limelight. I think the abuse Harvey receives will affect him more profoundly because she makes such a song and dance about it. Hideous woman. And her two young 'uns are so obnoxiously gobby and precocious. I know that's not their fault and this is the only life they know but that can't end well. Imagine having her and that Andre... thing for parents? Shudder.

His intellectual disability is such that he is unaware of the abuse even if told about it. She is standing up against a hideous element online and in society that seeks to use people like Harvey for a cheap laugh in the most disgusting ways. That anyone can take issue with that or try to lay the blame at her own for it boggles the mind.

She said the final straw was seeing a video someone had manipulated of him where a guy making it is pretending he's having sex with Harvey and asking him what positions he wants next, then using a clip of Harvey's voice saying "yeah baby" in response . Harvey is 14 years old. She contacted the police and the guy who made the video was questioned and released without charge as he'd never had a previous conviction and was from a good family! Is crazy anyone is getting away with that sort of thing. Someone needs to stand up against it.

Is she a perfect person or perfect parent? No she's not. Does that in anyway negate how wrong it is to treat any child, not to mention one with such profound difficulties, so horribly?

I think she is well aware that this is something it's difficult to criticise her for and IMO exploits that. How does the general public even know so much about her kids in order to throw abuse their way? Because she pimps then out. I wouldn't want to expose my children to all the arseholes there are out there. Absolutely she deserves some criticism in this regard. Other celebrities seem to have no problem keeping their offspring out of the public glare. At this point, now that the glamma mawdling days are past, she is well aware that to stay relevant, the only thing she can now sell is her family. She is rich but that doesn't make the cravings for attention go away.

That doesn't mean trolls should go unpunished. Rather, it's an incontrovertible fact that the world is filled with thick arseholes and any parent's priority should not to be offer their kids up for ridicule by these mouth-breathers. You can simultaneously hope to see trolls taken to task whilst also doing your best to keep your children low-profile and shielded from them. It's not either or. Ms. Price draws even more attention to her children rather than shield them. Arseholes are not going away so parents need to be hands-on in protecting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'd say she's delighted to have Harvey to wheel out any time she feels she's not getting the attention she "deserves". She can be Katie now, rather than "Jordan" and get publicity for her faux outrage rather than for being a slag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NinjaKirby

I'd say she's delighted to have Harvey to wheel out any time she feels she's not getting the attention she "deserves". She can be Katie now, rather than "Jordan" and get publicity for her faux outrage rather than for being a slag.

I think responsibility for that lands on the people who give her the attention though.

I don't know what she gets from these periods of being out there in the media spotlight but if there is some financial gain every time then you can kind of see why she might to that?

If she was just ignored then the issue doesn't arise. She isn't ignored though so it follows that she will continually seek attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭robbiezero

More likely they would not report on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anyone who gets upset about the word n1gger being uttered or written in isolation is getting offended for no reason other than believe they're supposed to get offended.

There was a similar incident in the US where in the course of an interview on a news show, one man said the word in a similar context to Katie Price, and the anchor lost it. She was unable to continue to the interview because she couldn't concentrate, was "shocked" that the interviewee would say the word on-air and was almost in tears. She had to end the interview.

Of course, she was a white woman with blond hair. She was getting upset about the word because she had been conditioned to think the word itself was offensive and upsetting, not because she had any particular reason to be offended by the word.

Did Katie Price know exactly what she was doing when she said it? Yes, she did. But she said it in order to adequately illustrate just how hurtful the abuse is. Saying "the n-word" is like saying "oh fiddlesticks" instead of "fuck". The impact is lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

WHY Though? The child is not being called "the n word" he's being called ******

Advertisement