Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

katie price n word outrage

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt this time in using her fame for good,a mother standing up for her son is all i can see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Murrisk wrote: »
    +1, she has a part in this. There will always be troglodytes out there and they should be punished for the abuse they mete out if possible - that goes without saying. But pushing your children into the spotlight is exposing them to these idiots and that's why most high profile folk do their best to shelter their offspring. But KP and the likes of the Beckhams see their children as commodities and push them front and centre. Totally wrong. She is absolutely partly to blame here, IMO, but has shrewdly realised that nobody will really publically criticise her for her wildly inappropriate commoditisation of her kids and the damage it could do to them. The responses here show that.

She must be a totally bad mother (commoditisation...wow)....really grow up ..this sounds like another bitchfest..a step below trolling itself...but seemingly as impulsive and creepy an activity.Is like some psychological need to be cynical and begrudging at every opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

southstar wrote: »
    She must be a totally bad mother (commoditisation...wow)....really grow up ..this sounds like another bitchfest..a step below trolling itself...but seemingly as impulsive and creepy an activity.Is like some psychological need to be cynical and begrudging at every opportunity.

What a bizarre post. Yes, pushing your children into the media glare is not good parenting. Nothing cynical or begrudging (:rolleyes:) about holding that view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Stigura wrote: »
    I googled this " Katie Price ", earlier. I wanted to see who it was.

Then, I bleached my eyes.

Jordan, innit?

What a bizarre post. Yes, pushing your children into the media glare is not good parenting. Nothing cynical or begrudging (:rolleyes:) about holding that view.
    Like l said the same cynicism is derisory... pushing your children into the media glare. Give me strength... that's what happened here is it.?What could her underhand motives be.. to further her to career.. oh right obviously that's it. Don't try to mask mean spirited petty opinions.. you might fool yourself but....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Katie Who?.

Like l said the same cynicism is derisory... pushing your children into the media glare. Give me strength... that's what happened here is it.?What could her underhand motives be.. to further her to career.. oh right obviously that's it. Don't try to mask mean spirited petty opinions.. you might fool yourself but....

Of course pushing her kids into the spotlight is to further her career. That's without question. Most people seem sympathetic to her in this case but I doubt many would try to argue that she isn't fame-hungry. She is nakedly so. Pun intended. My thinking is that shielding your children is more important than fame. The people trolling Harvey are arseholes but a key role for parents is protect them as much as the possible, not put them in the firing line of said arseholes. I'm surprised that people don't see that she has played a part in Harvey getting this unwanted attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Rekop dog wrote: »
    It's abuse on her social media. She doesn't have to make him aware at all. .

Please be joking. He's blind. That does not make him unable to access social media.

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

JayRoc wrote: »
    Please be joking. He's blind. That does not make him unable to access social media.

Jaysus.

He has autism, intellectual delay and is blind. He is almost 15 with the intellectual development of a much younger child. He needs to be protected from social media, especially since his mother has publicly stated that she would have aborted him if she has known about his disabilities. The N word is the least of his problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Stigura wrote: »
    I googled this " Katie Price ", earlier. I wanted to see who it was.

Then, I bleached my eyes.

I just watched her secret sex tape, nice pair of funbags, and yer man has a fine big tool on him :eek:

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Crea wrote: »
    He has autism, intellectual delay and is blind. He is almost 15 with the intellectual development of a much younger child. He needs to be protected from social media, especially since his mother has publicly stated that she would have aborted him if she has known about his disabilities. The N word is the least of his problems.

Fair enough. I took the post to say that because he was blind, the only way he would know what was on social media would be by having it read to him, which is obviously false. Every blind person I know accesses social media without anyone's assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Katie Who?.

Price. It's there in the title.

Crea wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Sounds like a non-story. The twaddocks who would hound a disabled kid on social media because they don't like his mother (who is, imo, an obnoxious woman, but that's no excuse) should be shamed for it.

Assuming there isn't a whole lot more to the story, I don't see any issue with her using the word that's being used against her disabled son to describe the abuse sent his way. Only issue I can see with it is breaking watershed rules, assuming it is counted in with swearing and general "inappropriate language" for day-time TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭.........

Parchment wrote: »
    She was repeating what was said to her son. PC police on patrol again.

Left wing intolerance is every bit as hypocritical and intolerant as right wing intolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Is negro a bad word too???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Dublin Pintman

What gets me is that 'people of colour' = good but 'coloured people' = disgusting racism.

When did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

I'm going to pretend I don't know who she is because I think this makes me better than people for some reason

lukesmom wrote: »

My OH and I were pondering this recently. I thought it didn't really have the bite of the N word and is much like using Caucasian. He reckons people would react to it negatively too.
    What gets me is that 'people of colour' = good but 'coloured people' = disgusting racism.

When did this happen?

It's a weird one alright. I think that people consider the former more distinguished or something?

Of course pushing her kids into the spotlight is to further her career. That's without question. Most people seem sympathetic to her in this case but I doubt many would try to argue that she isn't fame-hungry. She is nakedly so. Pun intended. My thinking is that shielding your children is more important than fame. The people trolling Harvey are arseholes but a key role for parents is protect them as much as the possible, not put them in the firing line of said arseholes. I'm surprised that people don't see that she has played a part in Harvey getting this unwanted attention.

Why of course "pushing her kids into the media spotlight is to further her career"?? You know her motives ? Its also that ironic that you criticize another poster for hyperbole a tactic you use liberally to defend your cynicism("fame hungry"...oh and nakedly so").Without knowing the story one might conclude from your comments that her son was nothing at all to do with it when if fact he's central to it and this issues about shielding him is disingenuous.Id like to think he'd be proud of his mother for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

This might sound like a stupid question, and I feel a bit stupid asking it, but is there a logical reason why it's always wrong for a non-black person to use the N word?

I can't really think of any other word where, even in jest, it would be considered totally wrong for one person to say a word, and fine for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

lukesmom wrote: »

Negro is most certainly an archaic term and Id be almost sure it would offend at least a majority of black people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

elefant wrote: »
    This might sound like a stupid question, and I feel a bit stupid asking it, but is there a logical reason why it's always wrong for a non-black person to use the N word?

I can't really think of any other word where, even in jest, it would be considered totally wrong for one person to say a word, and fine for someone else.

fagg!t is a very comparable term
    Gay people don't really use the term '******' much but obviously its more okay for them to use it than a straight person using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Why of course "pushing her kids into the media spotlight is to further her career"?? You know her motives ? Its also that ironic that you criticize another poster for hyperbole a tactic you use liberally to defend your cynicism("fame hungry"...oh and nakedly so").Without knowing the story one might conclude from your comments that her son was nothing at all to do with it when if fact he's central to it and this issues about shielding him is disingenuous.Id like to think he'd be proud of his mother for this.

She came out yesterday or today to state that she left her 9 year old daughter in the airport because she didn't realise that her passport had expired/didn't have enough time left on it to get a visa while she and the rest of her family went to the Bahamas. Then had her put on a plane alone the following day. Talking shyte about her kids on Loose Women seems to be her new career.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Gay people don't really use the term '******' much but obviously its more okay for them to use it than a straight person using it

The terms ******, ****** etc are indeed offensive but are used ironically by these groups to take the sting out of them....they are used in a political sense as a mark of defiance.Notice how we use the word Paddy( or Mick in the US)nowadays...it packs hardly any punch at all compared to the pejorative sense in which it was employed in Britian in years past.

wakka12 wrote: »
    She came out yesterday or today to state that she left her 9 year old daughter in the airport because she didn't realise that her passport had expired/didn't have enough time left on it to get a visa while she and the rest of her family went to the Bahamas. Then had her put on a plane alone the following day. Talking shyte about her kids on Loose Women seems to be her new career.

By the way what sort of shyte do ye watch on the TV anyway...it'll fry your brains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

By the way what sort of shyte do ye watch on the TV anyway...it'll fry your brains.

I saw a link on a friends facebook. I work during the day.

Advertisement