Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confession Box Thread: the worst thing you ever did?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I do far worse things unto myself than I do unto others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Birneybau wrote:
    I hope it was Michael Lowry. His wife I mean.

Nope outside my age range. Tomb raider springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Laeot

I dropped the screw in the tuna.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Nope outside my age range. Tomb raider springs to mind.

Leo Varadkar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Leo Varadkar?

A confession thread it is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

MysticMonk wrote: »
    I threw a stone at a bird once when i was a kid.

He was up on a branch merrily cheeping away.

I never hit ANYTHING i threw a stone at but i hit this bird and he fell down.

I ran over and he was lying on his back making a funny noise then he died.

I felt absolutely awful at the time and still do,i brought the bird home and buried it in the garden.

I did that too.

A row of them were up there chirping away outside our back garden in 1980.

The 11 year old me thought it would be a great idea to use them as a target practice for stone throwing.

I tried for days. No luck.

One day I hit the Jackpot! The biggest one went down.

Immediately I felt guilty....I went to see the bird I'd downed.

She was still alive but twiching, eyes still alert. I felt sick & awful:(.

I just grabbed a brick & threw it on top of her just to make the situation go away.

It didn't end at that though. The smaller birds were her chicks.

Their confused behaviour in the following days prevented me from going into the back garden for weeks.

37 years later I still wince at the memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Lol
    No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

many theirs some fcuking sick twisted narcisticic nutcases on boards

mynamejeff wrote: »
    many theirs some fcuking sick twisted narcisticic nutcases on boards
    sure we're only here to learn from your perfection, oh great one.

what's the worst thing you've done, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I shifted my mates girlfriend, without actually doing it....

We were all staying in a house after night club and I was sleeping on couch in sitting room. Total darkness. Girl came in and lay down beside me. I was sure it was aforementioned gf but went along with it. After a few minutes she said something and I clicked who it was. Not the gf after all.

I was best man at their wedding a few years later. At the speeches I said, I've a story for ye... but didn't say a word about this one. :) Did think of it though while I was giving the speech.

What did she say?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

sure we're only here to learn from your perfection, oh great one.

what's the worst thing you've done, then?

joined boards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not overly bad but my wife always gives me stick over this.

When I was at National School the teacher used to have a wee sweet supply. Just a few boxes of penny sweets in the cupboard. Well she was a lazy cow so she left us to serve ourselves. We would just set 10p on her desk and go get our sweets while she read the paper at lunchtime.

Needless to say I was stinging for a "buy one get 9 free" deal and every day I gave her 10p I was making off with probably a hundred penny sweets.

This went on for probably 3-4 years so at a conservative estimate I'd say I robbed her of about 500 punts worth of sweeties.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm a carer for my mother for the last few years and although I love it and would do anything for her, it's also very frustrating at times and we have said some horrible things to each other. Sometimes through utter frustration I can get very impatient with her and I once told her she was a burden to me and how my life has been altered for the worse since she got ill and that made her cry. I wish I could go back in time and take back those words. I hate myself for saying that to her. We have a great relationship and I'd do anything for her and she knows that, but I don't think she'll ever forget me saying that to her.

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm a carer for my mother for the last few years and although I love it and would do anything for her, it's also very frustrating at times and we have said some horrible things to each other. Sometimes through utter frustration I can get very impatient with her and I once told her she was a burden to me and how my life has been altered for the worse since she got ill and that made her cry. I wish I could go back in time and take back those words. I hate myself for saying that to her. We have a great relationship and I'd do anything for her and she knows that, but I don't think she'll ever forget me saying that to her.
    That's a rough situation. And although you are doing your job from love and a sense of responsibility, why not accept that it's a burden on you? Of course this is a burden.

We all carry baggage for our families, some more than others. You're carrying a lot and it's okay to accept that. It doesn't mean you love your mum any less. Quite the opposite.

I have a lot of respect for what you're doing, you're more than entitled to moments of frustration. Actions speak louder than words.

To me, one of the saddest things about this post, is that you felt it belongs in this thread. I'm not trying to be sycophantic but your job is an admirable and a difficult one and nobody can begrudge you some frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

I was at a gig in Temple Bar music center years ago. I had been for dinner beforehand with some friends and wasnt feeling the best after it. I was standing at the back of the crowd in the corner and every single woman there, seemed to have dumped her handbag in this corner. Suddenly I needed to bark. The place was pretty crowded and I knew if I tried to get through it I would barf on someone. So I picked up the closest handbag that wasnt mine, puked into it, closed it up and left it back. Text my friends to say I wasnt feeling well and headed home.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

I once kicked bishop Len Brennan up the ar*e

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I stole money from my ex, more than once. Never anything more than a single, common note. I also cheated on her a few times.

I stole from people (drinks, money) in pubs for a bit when I was in college, also robbed drunk folks who only needed a bit of help. I didn't think much about it at the time but I'm quite ashamed of it now.

I used to get into random fights, too. Literally just eyeing up some lad I thought I could take and then engineering a fight by bumping into him or something.

I really was a tit when I was in my early twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You got there before me! :)

As previously mentioned I have driven with drink taken and it wasn't a million years ago. I can be a somewhat erratic driver. Penalty points, speeding fines.

Once I was all mixed up and confused so I meddled unnecessarily in a good friends new relationship.

I've threatened someone.

I slapped a random guy in a pub one night because I felt like an idiot.

I've thrown drinks over people.

I've lied.

I've said "I love you" when I haven't really meant it.

I comfort eat and comfort drink.

I spent my twenties on antidepressants.

I smashed a room up.

I know what it's like to truly hate.

I once told an ex after we had broken up that I had a miscarriage. It was a lie.

The worst of all was how difficult I was at times with my mam. I made her cry and that still haunts me :(

I did that, sort of. I told my friend's friend that my friend had been cheating with her boyfriend. If that makes any sense. I didn't even know the cheater's girlfriend. It resulted in my friend, who'd been cheating with him, getting a beating. I don't know what I was thinking. I actually wasn't thinking at all, I just did it.

I spilled something on my boyfriend's sister's cream carpet. I didn't know I'd spilled it at the time but realised it must have been my fault when she flew into a rage and had a 'go' at him over it, assuming he'd done it. I kept my mouth shut. I was feeling really dizzy at the time and felt dislocated from being away from home and in the home of what were essentially strangers, and he can handle her through years of experience but when I admitted it to him later you could see in his face I'd gone right down in his estimation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭purple_rose

I used to go to the supermarket and sink my nails into the really fresh mushroons.  My nails were at least half a centimetre long.  I loved the feel of doing it and sometimes the mushroons would even squeak!  
    I also used to squeeze fresh salmon.  Sometimes you'd get a whole salmon on a polystyrene tray wrapped in clingfilm.  I used to pat the salmons and squeeze them but without breaking the clingfilm.  It had to be salmon - trout didn't do it for me, and I certainly wouldn't lower myself to squeeze a smoked haddock fillet.  I don't eat fish, I hate the stuff.  
    I'm not ashamed ...

I laughed so hard at you patting and squeezing the salmons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

12-way gay orgy in Barcelona (Sinwise)

I dont tend to break laws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

That's a rough situation. And although you are doing your job from love and a sense of responsibility, why not accept that it's a burden on you? Of course this is a burden.

We all carry baggage for our families, some more than others. You're carrying a lot and it's okay to accept that. It doesn't mean you love your mum any less. Quite the opposite.

I have a lot of respect for what you're doing, you're more than entitled to moments of frustration. Actions speak louder than words.

To me, one of the saddest things about this post, is that you felt it belongs in this thread. I'm not trying to be sycophantic but your job is an admirable and a difficult one and nobody can begrudge you some frustration.

Wow! Great post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Few years back on a site, put the kettle on a to boil for a cup of tea..strange taste so imeadiatly thought it was the milk gone off...new milk the next day..filled the kettle...nope same ****ty taste..open the kettle...dead mouse boiled...never told the other lads...so always open your kettle to fill the water, never by the spout

That fcuking did it, for me! Back of the hand to the mouth as I yelled out in horror!

MysticMonk wrote: »
    A friend of a friend was an archaeologist .....

His career was in ruins?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

rightyabe wrote: »
    I once kicked bishop Len Brennan up the ar*e

So original and funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

I was asked by a girl to go to her Debs. I didn't really like this Girl at all but I knew that all my mates were going, so I said yes

Anyway, my mood changed, I was then dreading going as I got it into my head that she very attracted to me.
    So one night we were all out in town, I got pi**ed drunk and told her that I didn't want to go to her Debs.
    She was very upset.

The worst part of it all though was that I didn't even remember that I has said that to her and acted like nothing had happened the next day.
    My mates had to tell me what I said.... Morto!

She's never talked to me after that, and I deserved it cause I was a f***ing prick for doing that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Okay, I thought long and hard about this but I'm gonna come out and say it. I literally **** on my own doorstep!!

I rented a cottage in shall we say an unnamed place for now, suffice it to say it was on a peninsula which was pitch black and GPS couldn't direct you to it.

So I went out one day for a long drive, lovely day but of course it being Ireland, came across no public toilets. Anyway, it got dark so I headed back for the cottage. Got lost and was absolutely dying for a poo and getting very stressed about it. :D

So in the end I just had to pull the car in and go on the side of the road. When I arose from said poo what did I see only the cottage across the road. :D:D:D

Only one other person knows that story, up to now. :o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Oh my god, have I closed the thread down? I feel so ashamed now. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭endacl

pilly wrote: »
    Oh my god, have I closed the thread down? I feel so ashamed now. :o:o

Yep. It was a shyte post.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

fussyonion wrote: »
    I pretended to faint just for attention from a fella I was mad about, but the school called an ambulance and I had to pretend I was "out" when the paramedics came and stretchered me off in an ambulance.
    I'm actually still mortified about this.
    You win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

I used the term 'half-caste' up to around the age of nineteen. :o Genuinely thought it was fine, it was in widespread use where I grew up. Youd think I'd cop that the "caste" bit was dodge.

Advertisement