Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confession Box Thread: the worst thing you ever did?

Options
  • 23-04-2017 5:38pm

There was a bit of chat in another thread about people always trying to portray themselves in a good light, and attacking those whom they see as lesser, or weaker, for their personal choices and their mistakes or wrongdoings.

So lets have a 'safe space' where we can admit our wrongdoings without fear of attack and (hopefully) without the involvement of the police and Inland Revenue.

If the mods agree, maybe we can have a rule of no attacking posters? Lets just admit stuff we're not proud of and see each other as humans with all our weaknesses. It's a bit like getting naked.

Okay I'll start. I once cheated on my tax returns. I'm not saying how, how much, or whether it was in Ireland, but I did it and I although I can't say I've ever lost a night's sleep about it, it goes against everything I believe in. It was a stupid thing to do and I won't do it again, if the same situation arises.

Ok that's me.

Talk to Fr Miltiades, my child.

Comments

I once took a penny from the take-a-penny-leave-a-penny tray but never did leave one back.

...Officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I accidentally had a tax accident and was just €400 off getting my name published in the papers in the tax defaulters list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I stole an accordion from a blind monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

I gave a euro to a busker in Galway who I now believe was Ed Sheeran

You got there before me! :)

As previously mentioned I have driven with drink taken and it wasn't a million years ago. I can be a somewhat erratic driver. Penalty points, speeding fines.

Once I was all mixed up and confused so I meddled unnecessarily in a good friends new relationship.

I've threatened someone.

I slapped a random guy in a pub one night because I felt like an idiot.

I've thrown drinks over people.

I've lied.

I've said "I love you" when I haven't really meant it.

I comfort eat and comfort drink.

I spent my twenties on antidepressants.

I smashed a room up.

I know what it's like to truly hate.

I once told an ex after we had broken up that I had a miscarriage. It was a lie.

The worst of all was how difficult I was at times with my mam. I made her cry and that still haunts me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

cml387 wrote: »
    I gave a euro to a busker in Galway who I now believe was Ed Sheeran

I blame you for encouraging and facilitating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

osarusan wrote:
    I stole an accordion from a blind monkey.

Sacra Bleu!

Now I feel all embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Grew up beside a Catholic Church and inside the door was donations box.

As previously mentioned I have driven with drink taken and it wasn't a million years ago. I can be a somewhat erratic driver. Penalty points, speeding fines.

Once I was all mixed up and confused so I meddled unnecessarily in a good friends new relationship.

I've threatened someone.

I've lied.

I smashed a room up.

I once told an ex after we had broken up that I had a miscarriage. It was a lie.

The worst of all was how difficult I was at times with my mam. I made her cry and that still haunts me :(

Bravo you.

Just because you made such a good effort I'll do more.

I once ended a friendship because of boredom with that person. I engineered an argument, pretending to be offended at something, and never spoke to them since. This person was justifiably perplexed and hurt and according to a mutual friend, blames themselves for it. That was all me. I've done similar with an ex.

I also lied when I said 'I love you',

Oh and have been on SSRIs too. Nothing wrong with that at all though, I'd happily pop those pills at a busy dinner table if it keeps me on the straight and narrow :) (apart from all me tax evasion etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I've threatened someone.

I've lied.

I smashed a room up.

You're grand , once while sorting through clothes for homeless people I found forty euros.

Beer and a takeaway that night for me and her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I cheated on someone who I loved. People always say you can't cheat on someone if you love them but I dunno. I loved him and at the time I felt like he didn't really give a **** about me in the grand scheme of things- he was happy and content to be loved by me but didn't necessarily love me in the way I did him- so one night when I was out drinking with a friend and a guy was flirting with me I felt wanted for a change, and so I let him kiss me. The relationship didnt last because I was right and he didn't really care all that much about me. But i still feel awful for it because I think it's one of the worst things you can do to a partner. I never told him, I sometimes think he wouldn't have even cared anyway, and in a way thats why i allowed it to happen at the time, but that doesn't make it ok and I regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Grew up beside a Catholic Church and inside the door was donations box.

I definitely took drinking money from various Trocaire boxes in friends/family houses back in the day. It was probably better spent in my hands than in Trocaires - even if i was buying Linden Village.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

There was a bit of chat in another thread about people always trying to portray themselves in a good light, and attacking those whom they see as lesser, or weaker, for their personal choices and their mistakes or wrongdoings.

So lets have a 'safe space' where we can admit our wrongdoings without fear of attack and (hopefully) without the involvement of the police and Inland Revenue.

If the mods agree, maybe we can have a rule of no attacking posters? Lets just admit stuff we're not proud of and see each other as humans with all our weaknesses. It's a bit like getting naked.

Okay I'll start. I once cheated on my tax returns. I'm not saying how, how much, or whether it was in Ireland, but I did it and I although I can't say I've ever lost a night's sleep about it, it goes against everything I believe in. It was a stupid thing to do and I won't do it again, if the same situation arises.

Ok that's me.

Talk to Fr Miltiades, my child.
    I thought about shopping in a poster on the internet to revenue for failing to disclose their returns properly. I have no idea if I should..... civic duty and all that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Accidentally kicked a football through one of the windows of the old library in Trinity during a drunk game of football and miraculously didn't get caught.

That's far from the worst thing but I'm not brave enough to divulge any more.

mzungu wrote: »
    I thought about shopping in a poster on the internet to revenue for failing to disclose their returns properly. I have no idea if I should..... civic duty and all that :P
    I did think about that!

Even did a quick search of my posts, to make sure I haven't posted personal details and identifying information !! Gulp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

I stole a lot when I was younger. Out of different members of my families wallets/purses, coin boxes etc. Coins usually and not enough to get caught, but I'd say those coins added up to a decent enough amount stolen. Stealing just didn't feel like a big deal to me at the time.

Then when I got a bit older (I was probably 15 at the time), I got the pins to both of my parents bank cards (as they had trusted me to go around to the atm for them at one time or another), and would routinely slip their cards out of their coat pocket when it was hanging up, nip around to the atm and withdraw 20 quid (on one or two occasions 40) quid, run back and slip the card back into their coat. Spent most of it on pool in a local arcade. They were probably tight on cash at the time as well.

I got caught after a few times (maybe 6 or 7) and in fairness to them, I don't think I've stolen anything since (I'm 29), and I find that I judge people who steal quite harshly before reminding myself that I was one once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I haven't done many bad things I think, never stole or any of that.

But I think I was 15, 16 and our usual gang was hanging around our housing estate where everybody knew everybody kids everywhere and always busy, we were always messing about, who could hit the ball off something ,bouncing on fences, the usual.

I picked up a rock and saw a trolley further down the road and said watch this lads into the trolley,
    Hurled the rock into the air about 30 metres down the road.
    Instead of going In the trolley, it smacked off the bonnet and through the rear window and into dash of the neighbours brand new Toyota carina E xli lean burn.
    We all legged around the back of the estate and ended up at our houses which were say the opposite end the road where the car was , so we could see what would happen.

The owners son and his m8 were playing near enough the car, they were under 10 about 7 or 8 and were always up to **** , lighting fires and stuff , robbing sh*t.
    So naturally they would get the blame.

Anyway the owner comes out about 30 mins later to go somewhere and doesn't notice until he sits in the car,
    He gets out and asks the son what happened, the son blames his m8 says it was ( insert name )

Anyway the friends mother came out and chased the poor fella until she caught him up beside us and leathered the sh*t out of him asking him what the hell he has done and he crying he didn't do anything and his mother leathering him.

I didn't own up and they foot the bill I think.
    That still haunts me and gets brought up whenever we are all together pis*sed and telling stories.

I was always throwing him some change for a good while after whenever I saw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

neonsofa wrote: »
    I cheated on someone who I loved. People always say you can't cheat on someone if you love them but I dunno. I loved him and at the time I felt like he didn't really give a **** about me in the grand scheme of things- he was happy and content to be loved by me but didn't necessarily love me in the way I did him- so one night when I was out drinking with a friend and a guy was flirting with me I felt wanted for a change, and so I let him kiss me. The relationship didnt last because I was right and he didn't really care all that much about me. But i still feel awful for it because I think it's one of the worst things you can do to a partner. I never told him, I sometimes think he wouldn't have even cared anyway, and in a way thats why i allowed it to happen at the time, but that doesn't make it ok and I regret it.

just a kiss or more?

i was at the M.I.A concert in Tripod a while back and this ruined lad kept knocking into me. at one stage he was leaning full weight into me so I turned around and gave a small push. of course, he was ruined so he went flying back! he didn't fall, other random lads caught him! i still feel like an absolute kunt cos yer man wasn't being a pr?ck, just ruined. i'd lvoe to buy him a pint and say sorry. he prob doesn't remember though in fairness

• Advertisement

just a kiss or more?

You hoping to get the dirty details? :p
    Just a kiss !

neonsofa wrote: »
    You hoping to get the dirty details? :p
    Just a kiss !

ah jaysus... that's nothing! is a drunken kiss even cheating?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I've threatened someone.

I've lied.

I smashed a room up.

Sounds exactly like my ex

ah jaysus... that's nothing! is a drunken kiss even cheating?!

Well if he had kissed someone else I'd have been heartbroken so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I've threatened someone.

I've lied.

I smashed a room up.

Eva?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

I threw a stone at a bird once when i was a kid.

He was up on a branch merrily cheeping away.

I never hit ANYTHING i threw a stone at but i hit this bird and he fell down.

I ran over and he was lying on his back making a funny noise then he died.

I felt absolutely awful at the time and still do,i brought the bird home and buried it in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

I used to go to the supermarket and sink my nails into the really fresh mushroons.  My nails were at least half a centimetre long.  I loved the feel of doing it and sometimes the mushroons would even squeak!  
    I also used to squeeze fresh salmon.  Sometimes you'd get a whole salmon on a polystyrene tray wrapped in clingfilm.  I used to pat the salmons and squeeze them but without breaking the clingfilm.  It had to be salmon - trout didn't do it for me, and I certainly wouldn't lower myself to squeeze a smoked haddock fillet.  I don't eat fish, I hate the stuff.  
    I'm not ashamed ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Bless me father, for I have sinned...

Once, while trying to walk past a car that was illegally parked on a pavement, I accidentally broke its wing mirror after accidentally hitting it several times with my elbow and my rucksack, accidentally. It was a dangerous, unlit road, so I didn't feel too guilty about the accident. Now that I'm older and less accident-prone, I'd be more likely to accidentally scratch the paintwork with my key. By accident, like.

Before passing my test, I drove unaccompanied on a provisional licence for a good few years.

Drove around with no tax for several months and then got the guards to stamp the off-the-road declaration form, so it wouldn't be backdated. Laughed nervously when the guard joked about my car being parked outside the station.

I don't drink often, but I sometimes take benzos or strong painkillers, just to relax.

A rude old woman once annoyed me in SuperValu, so when she wasn't looking I shoved loads of sachets of Angel Delight into her trolley. You don't fuck with me and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I shot a man in Reno, just for the craic.

I've never defrauded the State (that I thoroughly love and have always felt has my best interests at heart and is not merely a vehicle to protect vested interests and enrichen those that can afford to get away with all manner of sh!te because it's mutually beneficial and none of those fcukers will ever go to jail) because that's just wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I pretended to faint just for attention from a fella I was mad about, but the school called an ambulance and I had to pretend I was "out" when the paramedics came and stretchered me off in an ambulance.
    I'm actually still mortified about this.

Advertisement