Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confession Box Thread: the worst thing you ever did?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

jca wrote:
    I think that's the age when most decent people feel guilty, before we get clever and cover it up.

Did you purposely miss the point of this thread? Or are you just a judgmental so and so who can't help themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

XsApollo wrote: »
    That's the first thing in this thread that made me go, "holy sh*t"
    I presume you have talked to her since, or was that it?

We met once after to sort a few things out but there wasn't really a lot I could say, I knew I handled it badly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Is this like a bait car your confession and the garda will use what you say on Boards as evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

We met once after to sort a few things out but there wasn't really a lot I could say, I knew I handled it badly.

Would have been worse to go through with it though and hopefully she realised that too. And you're remorseful! I had someone end a ltr over Facebook chat and insist that he'd done nothing wrong and it was a "stupid sex and the city thing" that break ups are supposed to be done in person :pac:

Still kind of raging about that but I got over it and at least he put the relationship out of its misery. I'm more grateful to him than raging by now, genuinely no hard feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My then "cuddle buddy" ghosted me for months and months, when I called him on it he said he wanted to break up and asked if we could be still friends.

Then he said he could have handled it better and I was sooo too unforgiving. when I told him to F off and what an excuse for a person he was!

At least OP you didn't try to make it her fault.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

anna080 wrote: »
    Isn't that what this thread is all about? Admitting you were wrong and owning up? You make it out as though the poster was bragging or something.

That's exactly how it read to me, she and her buddies got a kick out of it. Admitting you're wrong anonymously on an internet forum doesn't cut it in my book.

jca wrote: »
    That's exactly how it read to me, she and her buddies got a kick out of it. Admitting you're wrong anonymously on an internet forum doesn't cut it in my book.
    ok you dont like the thread. We get it. Can can you please not ruin it for the rest of us?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position and at one stage my mother wound up in a wheelchair. She was really pushing my buttons one day, so I parked her in front of the men's underwear in Penneys, put the brakes on, and went up to Graham O'Sullivan's and had a coffee and a scone before I went down to rescue her.
    She didn't talk to me for about three days, but I've no regrets!

That made me laugh, I could imagine myself losing it with my mother and doing something similar if she wound me up the wrong way! Which she can do when she wants!

It's not how it read to other people, so maybe entertain the idea that you could be wrong before you jump to conclusions and make mean-spirited pronouncements on other peoples ADULT characters after judging something they did as a kid.

She's not the one coming off worse in this exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Prime Irish Beef

But THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM!!! That's what this thread is all about it.

Good job it's your book and not everyone else's too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

That is completely irrelevant this is not what the thread is about
    This is a confession thread where people post without being judged for their actions , a concept you seem to be having a hard time grasping !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-JCA, do not post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Barbie! wrote: »
    Mod-JCA, do not post in this thread again.

Boards, true to form as usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

I got involved with a married man. Though I am truly sorry that his wife was hurt and it's not something I am proud of i cannot completely regret it as we now have a beautiful little baby.
    It does however leave me with some doubts about how our relationship will go but i guess that's my karma.

Advertisement