Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just finished Master of None, loved it. Gutted it seems it’s finished due to the absolutely bullish!t #meToo claim against Aziz Ansari.

I think it will be back, Aziz is back on the comedy circuit now and the first 2 seasons were not removed from Netflix.
    I think that's a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Every time I see Paddleton mentioned I get excited before realizing that it's not Paddington.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think it will be back, Aziz is back on the comedy circuit now and the first 2 seasons were not removed from Netflix.
    I think that's a good sign.

True, there were loads of people like that CNN anchor who made the impassioned speech of support for him. Well, more a speech attacking his accuser. However there still seems a huge backlash against him, lots of the #metoo brigade attacked Mindy Kaling for publicly praising his new live show 3 days ago on Instagram. "supporting sex offenders now eh!!?" kind of vibe. It seems even though he's not and should not be included in #meToo scandal, he'll be forever tarred with those false allegations. I think Netflix might bear that in mind, but I hope you're right. 2nd season was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Just finished Master of None, loved it. Gutted it seems it’s finished due to the absolutely bullish!t #meToo claim against Aziz Ansari.

I think first season started slow, one of those shows where I couldn't tell did I actually enjoy it or not at the beginning. I knew it was good but wasn't sure I was continuing because it was well made and written or if I was actually hooked to it.

Had some brilliant episodes but I found myself falling in love with it more during second season, that one blew me away. The last few episodes of the second season had some of the most tense scenes I've seen on a show, I was hooked.

Definitely hope it comes back, and I imagine it will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Every time I see Paddleton mentioned I get excited before realizing that it's not Paddington.

It's definitely not Paddington :pac: Pretty decent film though, very good performances from Duplass and Romano, and their relationship in it is one of the best I've seen in on film in recent memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I tried The Good Place and Schitts Creek but didn’t like either, settled on Master of None and that’s much better.

I also Gave it’s always sunny one last try and I just can’t get into it. Despite some killer one liners here and there, it’s just too silly and OTT for my liking.
    The Good Place seems to have run out of road and the recent season was very poor. First couple of seasons are a bit of fun if you get into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chefs table season 6

Suburra: Blood on Rome (Suburra: La Serie) Season 2

The Photographer Of Mauthausen
    A Catalán prisoner at a Nazi concentration camp uses his office job to steal photo negatives of the atrocities committed there. Based on true events.

Paddleton (mark duplass,Ray Romano)
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/paddleton
    After he's diagnosed with terminal cancer, middle-aged Michael asks his neighbor friend Andy to help him end his life before the disease does.

Paris Is Us
    Amid a turbulent romance and rising tensions in Paris, a young woman finds herself caught in a dizzying spiral of dreams, memories and what-ifs.

Redwater season 1
    Dark drama and mystery ensue as Kat and Alfie Moon travel to a seaside Irish village in search of the son she had at age 14 and hasn't seen since.

Workin' Moms season 1
    Maternity leave is over and it's time for these four moms to return to work while navigating kids, bosses, love and life in modern-day Toronto.

Twilight in Forks
    Filmmaker Jason Brown travels to Forks, Washington, to see how the town inspired author Stephenie Meyer to use it as the setting for "Twilight."

added today
    Watching Workin' Moms. Enjoying it. 20-25m length means it doesn't hang around too long. Good set of characters and plenty of sharp dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’d just like to warn everyone on I feel pretty

It’s ****e. Like really ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Finished Umbrella Academy last night and looking forward to the second season already. Story is goofy as fook but it has a great ensemble cast which really help push the whole thing along and some pretty decent CGI tbf,

Watched Abducted in Plain Sight based on recommendations here. It really is batshít crazy stuff and everyone should give it a view.

Get Out I love but I have to say I find it baffling that people are calling it scary and unsettling. I actually it quite funny tbh, a real pisstake on racial politics in America.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought Kundun was a great movie aswell. I'd say you'd get way more people disagreeing than agreeing with you in saying the 90's was a poor decade for Scorsese.

Good thing I didn't say it was a poor decade then, I literally said I don't think he's ever made a bad film :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Mickeroo wrote:
    Good thing I didn't say it was a poor decade then, I literally said I don't think he's ever made a bad film

Of course, they all have lovely bottoms :D fair enough. I think we're both on the same page in being big fans of Scorsese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

You could say Scorsese has directed one of the best films of the last 4 decades with Taxi Driver in the 70's, Raging Bull in the 80's, Goodfellas in the 90's and The Departed in the 00's. Don't think there's anyone else who could make such a claim? Would be great if The Irishman could make it 5 decades.

Edit: Forgot The Wolf of Wall Street gives him a shout for this decade, although personally I wouldn't put it in that bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Loved cabin in the woods, great film. Drag me to hell is another film i enjoyed that is weird like that. or tucker and dale vs evil, thats brilliant.

very under-rated - although saw it in the cinema - those sort of movies are better on the big screen imo.

Finished Umbrella Academy last night and looking forward to the second season already. Story is goofy as fook but it has a great ensemble cast which really help push the whole thing along and some pretty decent CGI tbf,

Renewed for a second season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Dark is excellent. Like a dark more complex stranger things

lolo62 wrote: »
    Dark is excellent. Like a dark more complex stranger things

agreed

Isn't It Romantic
    After hitting her head, an architect who hates romantic comedies wakes up to find her unremarkable life has become a dazzling, cliché-driven rom-com.
    Good review https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/isn-t-it-romantic-review-rebel-wilson-shines-in-a-rom-com-nightmare-1.3808224

Apollo 13

Billy Graham: An Extraordinary Journey
    This documentary recounts the life story of evangelist preacher Billy Graham featuring interviews with family members and former presidents.

The Other Boleyn Girl

Smurfs: The Lost Village

Added today

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Sorry, this is a technical question instead of a rec but this seems to be the most active Netflix thread!

My Netflix is not showing a certain show that is 100% on the Irish Netflix. I access via my iPhone so I've logged out and cleared the cache and logged back in (as I have previously logged in from abroad) but no luck! Any ideas?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Xaniaj wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a technical question instead of a rec but this seems to be the most active Netflix thread!

My Netflix is not showing a certain show that is 100% on the Irish Netflix. I access via my iPhone so I've logged out and cleared the cache and logged back in (as I have previously logged in from abroad) but no luck! Any ideas?

Which show?

• Advertisement

Which show?

Schitt's creek!

It's showing up for me when I search for it. I've spelled it exactly how you have and it's there.

Try searching by the actor Eugene Levy to see if its listed that way

It's showing up for me when I search for it. I've spelled it exactly how you have and it's there.

Try searching by the actor Eugene Levy to see if its listed that way

Thanks but no go. Just doesn't seem to think it's on my Netflix for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

The Photographer Of Mauthausen. Its about Spanish Republicans who ended up there. It has the notorious "stairs of death" that prisoners were forced to carry heavy weights up, from which some were killed by being pushed over the edge of the quarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Xaniaj wrote: »

If you were abroad recently, it can take a few days for it to switch over to your current location. (Maybe only within the EU.)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Shot in the dark - could there be some age-block set up without you realinsing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

New Home wrote: »
    Shot in the dark - could there be some age-block set up without you realinsing it?

Got my hopes up that you were talking about Shot in the Dark season 2 :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sowwy...

• Advertisement

Watership Down: Season 1 (BBC)

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
    Inspired by a science book, 13-year-old William Kamkwamba builds a wind turbine to save his Malawian village from famine. Based on a true story, this is the directorial debut of Chiwetel Ejiofor.

RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 11 & untucked

All the Devil's Men
    A battle-scarred Special Ops military vet joins a CIA-funded assignment to take down a Russian terrorist and his trigger-happy comrade

I, Dolours In candid interviews, former IRA member Dolours Price reflects on her upbringing in Belfast, her actions during the Troubles and her disillusionment.

Losers: Season 1
    In a “winning is everything” society, how do we handle failure? Using sports as its guide, this documentary series examines the psychology of losing.

Northern Rescue
    After the sudden death of his wife, search and rescue commander John West relocates with his three kids to his rural hometown of Turtle Island Bay.

Cricket Fever: Mumbai Indians
    In the world’s toughest cricket league, every game is a battle. Can Mumbai Indians come together and bring home another trophy?

River’s Edge
    High schooler Haruna befriends loner Yamada, then is drawn into the tangled relationship between him, a model and the girl who loves him unreasonably.

Your Son – 1st March
    After his son is brutally beaten outside a nightclub, a surgeon takes the law into his own hands and seeks vengeance against the perpetrators.

Budapest
    Two friends quit their boring jobs to start a company that plans bachelor parties in Budapest. Their wives, however, have mixed feelings about this.
    All the Devil's Men
    A battle-scarred Special Ops military vet joins a CIA-funded assignment to take down a Russian terrorist and his trigger-happy comrades.

Larva Island: Season 2
    A new season of hilariously zany adventures for larva pals Red and Yellow includes an invasion of their island!

This intimate documentary follows rock star Artiwara Kongmalai on his historic, 2,215-kilometer charity run across Thailand in 2017.

Paranormal Investigation (French) When a young man becomes possessed after playing a Ouija game, a ghost hunter investigates the evil spirit dwelling within him

Ted
    Jonny English
    Jonny English Reborn
    Beauty & Beast
    The Break-Up
    The Scorpion King
    A Kid Like Jake
    Happy Feet Two
    Snow White & The Huntsman
    Rush Hour 2
    GoodFellas
    Scooby-Doo