Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I watched them all and really enjoyed it, the only thing that was a bit dodge and its not a spoiler or anything, is the big guys head is really odd looking with his big body. It just looks weird, it looks like he is literally just wearing a body builders Halloween costume under his jacket and his head is too small compared to the rest of him.

He was in Black Sails and the body size is about a quarter of what he's been put into here! Just on episode 3 myself but holding my attention so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I watched them all and really enjoyed it, the only thing that was a bit dodge and its not a spoiler or anything, is the big guys head is really odd looking with his big body. It just looks weird, it looks like he is literally just wearing a body builders Halloween costume under his jacket and his head is too small compared to the rest of him.

He's purposely meant to look like that though and I actually thought it helped to enhance the comic book feel of the whole thing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Season 2 of The Durrels was added last week. Very enjoyable show and Keeley Hawes is great in it. Be warned, it will make you want to go on holiday in Corfu.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

He's purposely meant to look like that though and I actually thought it helped to enhance the comic book feel of the whole thing.

Ah i know it just really looked like just a body suit, i mean there have been guys playing bigger bodied characters in comic films before but their head never seemed to look so Tiny and out of proportion in them. Its a minor thing though, i thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's cheeky of Netflix to call Workin' Moms a Netflix exclusive when they only have 1 season of it over here, they are into the third season in Canada and America! Anyway i like the show, I didn't think I would but I really do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,885 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Autecher wrote: »
    It's cheeky of Netflix to call Workin' Moms a Netflix exclusive when they only have 1 season of it over here, they are into the third season in Canada and America! Anyway i like the show, I didn't think I would but I really do.

If you can't see season 1 anywhere else legally then it is an exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Quazzie wrote: »
    If you can't see season 1 anywhere else legally then it is an exclusive.
    I know I wasn't really being serious

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well that looks like typical post-Office Gervais, and just f*cking miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Suburra season 2 yessss... If ye missed the film and season one and like hard hitting European drama like Gomorrah... Watch them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,316 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

peteeeed wrote: »
    That actually looks funny, great cast as well.....hopefully Diane Morgan gets a decent part in it love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I loved Derek soI will give that a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Episode 5 of Umbrella Academy finished and I'm really enjoying it too. A refreshing watch compared to some of the more po-faced comic book inspired fare out there.

If anyone is watching this show at the minute. Can you please explain what the point was with the ice cream truck scene.
    It made no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chefs table season 6

Suburra: Blood on Rome (Suburra: La Serie) Season 2

The Photographer Of Mauthausen
    A Catalán prisoner at a Nazi concentration camp uses his office job to steal photo negatives of the atrocities committed there. Based on true events.

Paddleton (mark duplass,Ray Romano)
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/paddleton
    After he's diagnosed with terminal cancer, middle-aged Michael asks his neighbor friend Andy to help him end his life before the disease does.

Paris Is Us
    Amid a turbulent romance and rising tensions in Paris, a young woman finds herself caught in a dizzying spiral of dreams, memories and what-ifs.

Redwater season 1
    Dark drama and mystery ensue as Kat and Alfie Moon travel to a seaside Irish village in search of the son she had at age 14 and hasn't seen since.

Workin' Moms season 1
    Maternity leave is over and it's time for these four moms to return to work while navigating kids, bosses, love and life in modern-day Toronto.

Twilight in Forks
    Filmmaker Jason Brown travels to Forks, Washington, to see how the town inspired author Stephenie Meyer to use it as the setting for "Twilight."

added today
    The Kindness Diaries season 2
    Host Leon Logothetis travels the world with only a vintage motorbike and the kindness of strangers, which he pays back in unexpected, inspiring ways

Burt kreisher the machine
    Also added

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    If anyone is watching this show at the minute. Can you please explain what the point was with the ice cream truck scene.
    It made no sense to me.

Do you mean when the
    ice cream truck crashes into the hitmen and time stops
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hurrache wrote: »
    Any point in listening to the podcast after watching the series?

I still would because it’s good to hear the story from the horse’s mouth. I found the daughters to be annoying in the series but have so much love for them on the podcast. Yes they have annoying accents but they are extremely dry witted and sharp. They say the most extreme shlt with the most monotonous tone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

I tried The Good Place and Schitts Creek but didn’t like either, settled on Master of None and that’s much better.

I also Gave it’s always sunny one last try and I just can’t get into it. Despite some killer one liners here and there, it’s just too silly and OTT for my liking.

Oh for anyone who’s a fan of First Dates I’d really recommend Dating Around.

Only 6 short episodes but I loved it! Some absolute characters, and some crazy happenings which would make you question whether it’s somewhat scripted but regardless it’s damn entertaining and highly polished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Schitts Creek

I'd recommend going back to this. I only heard of it on here and it was noted that it takes a few episodes to get going. It really does but after the first 2 or 3 episodes it gets brilliant. Probably my favourite show over the last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I tried The Good Place and Schitts Creek but didn’t like either, settled on Master of None and that’s much better.

You didn't like Schitt's Creek?! This just cannot be!! Just goes to show the diversity in taste. As said above, I'd go back to it. I'd be biased though.... I loved it from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone watch Dirty John?

Bahanaman wrote: »
    You didn't like Schitt's Creek?! This just cannot be!! Just goes to show the diversity in taste. As said above, I'd go back to it. I'd be biased though.... I loved it from the beginning.

I might go back to it, but the mayor fella I just couldn’t bear, every time he’s on screen it’s like the tv equivalent of the sound of nails scratching glass, unbearable. Is he a constant character in the show? If so it’s a deal breaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

honeybear wrote: »
    Anyone watch Dirty John?

I found it fascinating and terrifying, how someone so malicious can come into your life and destroy it, and how there is very little that the police or anyone else can do. Though I also have to say that I found Debra Newell very naive, I did feel very sorry for her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I might go back to it, but the mayor fella I just couldn’t bear, every time he’s on screen it’s like the tv equivalent of the sound of nails scratching glass, unbearable. Is he a constant character in the show? If so it’s a deal breaker!

Same. I thought about watching episode 4 but he sprang to mind and I haven't watched it since.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Synode wrote: »
    I'd recommend going back to this. I only heard of it on here and it was noted that it takes a few episodes to get going. It really does but after the first 2 or 3 episodes it gets brilliant. Probably my favourite show over the last year
    I've one episode left in the first season and am really enjoying it - wouldn't have known about it were it not for this thread.
    The mayor is annoying but he's meant to be, right? And he doesn't feature heavily enough to bother me.
    I really like how, aside from the humour, the characters grow on you. David's my favourite - he actually becomes kind of sweet, after his initial narcissistic opening episodes.

Of course he’s meant to be annoying, but you can still dislike the character! I can’t stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The mother's voice grates on me but who cares. The show is great

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Had a look at Fyre during the week. Quite enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

amor3 wrote: »
    Had a look at Fyre during the week. Quite enjoyed it.

The Hulu Fyre doc is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Ok, I've had a gander at episodes 4 and 5 of Schitt's Creek and ep 5 actually made me giggle a few times. Might chance episode 6 later...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement