Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

honeybear wrote: »
    Anyone watch Dirty John?
    On 3rd episode here now. It's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Venom wrote: »
    The Hulu Fyre doc is much better.

I actually preferred the Netflix one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I actually preferred the Netflix one.

The problem with the Netflix doc is that it was made by Fcuk Jerry media, the same social media company that ran the ad campaign for the Fyre festival and who were involved in some seriously dodgy behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Venom wrote: »
    The problem with the Netflix doc is that it was made by Fcuk Jerry media, the same social media company that ran the ad campaign for the Fyre festival and who were involved in some seriously dodgy behaviour.

And the problem with the Hulu one is that it gave Billy McFarland quarter of a million for his interview and didn't really show the impact to the locals that the Netflix one did. It's probably worth watching the two of them for a more well rounded picture of the whole thing but I did think the Netflix one had the more interesting talking heads. The Hulu one was good for showing Fcuk Jerry's involvement in the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Get out
    The changeover
    Added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Galveston is worth a watch (not sure if on Irish Netflix though).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    Get out
    The changeover
    Added today
    Fantastic and unsettling horror that everyone needs to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Really enjoying Umbrella Academy, Robert Sheen is fantastic. He's like a crazier version of Nathan in Misfits. Good soundtrack so far also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I tried The Good Place and Schitts Creek but didn’t like either, settled on Master of None and that’s much better.

I also Gave it’s always sunny one last try and I just can’t get into it. Despite some killer one liners here and there, it’s just too silly and OTT for my liking.

Season two of master of none is one of the best tv show I’ve seen

Go back and give schitts creek another go though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

peteeeed wrote: »
    Get out
    The changeover
    Added today

Has anyone watched The Changeover? Gonna stick it on in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Rfrip wrote: »
    Season two of master of none is one of the best tv show I’ve seen

Go back and give schitts creek another go though!!

Well now I’ll have to mrs splendid taste ;)

Gotta finish master of none first, very impressed by season one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Really enjoying Umbrella Academy, Robert Sheen is fantastic. He's like a crazier version of Nathan in Misfits. Good soundtrack so far also

Just finished this. Loved it. Robert Sheehan is really great in it. The inner teenage emo that’s left in me loves the fact Gerard Way created this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Van helsing season 3
    Can't cope won't cope season 2

Added today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Basq wrote: »
    Fantastic and unsettling horror that everyone needs to see..

Agreed, Get Out is brilliant. I thought it was so much better on second viewing too, so many clues I'd missed or not understood the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

really enjoying The Cali Cartel (Narcos Season 3) at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Kingdom is very very good.

Absolutely raging its only 6 episodes long though. I probably should check this in future before I binge watch something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is that the series with Stephen Fry and Hermione Norris? That was brilliant! (and I think there was a second series, but I never got to see the third, they might have cancelled it, or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

New Home wrote: »
    Is that the series with Stephen Fry and Hermione Norris? That was brilliant! (and I think there was a second series, but I never got to see the third, they might have cancelled it, or something).

Nope nor is it the one about MMA (brilliant though wont be on NF although the man star has his own documentary series on NF- Frank Grillo)

Its likely this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_(South_Korean_TV_series)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It gets so confusing! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Irishman teaser.

It's getting a cinema release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finished it last night, something about it really clicked with myself and the Mrs, really watchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Anybody watched Paula? I just started it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Started yesterday and 6 episodes in already!

Loving it, great to see Robert Sheehan back on the screen in a big role too! Hopefully kicks starts the career back after a few failed movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Succubus_ wrote: »

Is that the 3 episode mini TV series?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is that the Irish thing? Only watched one and stopped. Seemed OK but never continued with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Is that the 3 episode mini TV series?

Yep that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yep that's the one!

I enjoyed it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ibiza

Couldn’t finish it, it was that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The Irishman teaser.

I can't wait for this. It's been so long in the making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

I can't wait for this. It's been so long in the making.

DeNiro hasn't made a decent movie in decades so I'm trying not to get too excited about this one..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement