Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

carq wrote: »
    hi Pat

Any chance of a Love in white 20ml Split ?

Just going to keep it at 50ml for the moment carq - works easier for me that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat is there any chance that Le Labo - Santal 33 in glass could be transferred to plastic for postal purposes? No worries at all if not.

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat is there any chance that Le Labo - Santal 33 in glass could be transferred to plastic for postal purposes? No worries at all if not.

Yeah, g'wan I will so! Only problem is you'll have to wait a little bit. I posted the other week that my 10ml bottles supplier went and retired so I had to order from China instead. I paid extra to send them FedEx as I'm all out.......and they sent them on the slow boat from China anyway! So when they arrive, they arrive....

Turns out that Yanwen "Express" actually lived up to the name - 10ml plastic bottles back in stock!

Pat thanks for that, I'm sure moving 10 ml from 1 bottle to another was a pain in the ring.

• Advertisement

2 bottles received today with thanks Pat, perfectly packed, leak free and quickly delivered.

Really like the Gypsy Water in particular. It's fairly sweet but not too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Atelier Cologne now have a stand in Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks Pat, got the Creed today. Really good stuff!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Atelier Cologne now have a stand in Arnotts.

Must say I have a soft spot for the Ateliers - easy wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Must say I have a soft spot for the Ateliers - easy wearing.

I'd a soft spot for yer wan selling it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi Pat,

can you put me down for 50 mil of creed aventus for men please?

Many Thanks in adavance

what do you have in the tom ford aftershave range?

Hi Pat,

can you put me down for 50 mil of creed aventus for men please?

Many Thanks in adavance

what do you have in the tom ford aftershave range?

Sure. For Tom Ford, I currently have some Oud Wood Intense left - this bad boy is €53 for 20ml (plastic bottles only), €66.50 for 25ml, or €120 for 50ml (65ml left IIRC - RRP €245 for 50ml). Gazing into my crystal ball, I see Winter bringing Tobacco Vanille and Noir Anthracite to the list as well!

Updated 12/10/19 :

A few notes:

10ml plastic bottles: back in stock.

[/COLOR]

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 12/10/2019:

Creed - Aventus: a few left @ €85 per 50ml.
    Creed - Love in White: white floral feminine scent from Creed. Last 50ml available @ €88.
    Issey Miyake - Or Encens: an unexpected stunner from this house! Dark, brooding rose and incense - don't let the rose fool you, this works great on a man. I think this could be sought after in years to come (now discontinued). One 20ml (plastic) available @ €24.50, and two 10ml (glass) @ €14 each. Highly recommended.
    Mancera - Black to Black: one of Mancera's highest rated classic rose / oud combos. Beastly projection, beastly sillage, beastly longevity! Three 20ml (plastic) available @ €25.50 each.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN

Oud (eau de parfum) *in hand*
    375x500.14610.jpg

One sniff of a sample and I knew I was splitting this. This is not an in your face, hard oud – rather it’s soft and smooth. Cedar and saffron take centre stage, against a background of creamy oud. Very unisex and easy to wear. RRP €195 / 75ml.
    €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, €50.50 for 25ml, or €92 for 50ml. 45ml left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD

Oud Wood Intense *in hand*
    375x500.46767.jpg

Tom Ford’s smooth Oud Wood has long been a splits favourite. This recent Intense flanker (at an even higher price bracket) certainly lives up to its name and is a much deeper, richer scent - Oud Wood given a bad boy makeover. The oud is still there but given some serious animal oomph – this fragrance most certainly its own beast and not in any way redundant if you already have the original. This is much more a night time fragrance, and is perhaps a bit too agressive for the office. RRP €245 / 50ml.
    *new size* €53 for 20ml, €66.50 for 25ml, or €120 for 50ml in cube decant bottles. 125ml 65ml available.

Medium availability on the following: 30 - 40ml left *in hand*

Montale - Spicy Aoud
    A typical Montale medicinal oud in the background, with saffron and orange leading the charge. Dark and smooth. Unisex, but leaning feminine to my nose. RRP €65 / 50ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, or €34 for 30ml. 40ml available.
    ................................................................................................................

Etat Libre d'Orange - Vierges et Toreros
    Creamy cognac, leather, nutmeg and spices. For me, this is pretty close to Maison Marliega’s Jazz Club – if you missed that, you could do worse than pick this up. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €14 for 10ml, €26.50 for 20ml, or €37.50 for 30ml. 40ml available. 30+ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle / box.

Last chance on the following - 20ml or less left *mostly in hand*

Aramis - Perfume Calligraphy: Saffron
    A cult hit, with a very high review score, this is now discontinued. A unisex blend of dusky saffron, beeswax and rose. Smoky, but smooth and soft. Quite an Arabic / Oriental vibe.
    €12.50 for 10ml Last 10ml in glass left.

................................................................................................................

Parfums MDCI
    Rare availability from this highly regarded boutique French house. I have one 10ml available of each of the following: Chypre Palatin (male), Cuir Cavalier (male) and Fetes Persanes (unisex). All very well reviewed.
    €25 for 10ml.

Atkinson's - The Odd Fellow's Bouquet
    English house Atkinson’s is perhaps best described as a slightly more playful Penhaglion’s. Apparently inspired by Lawrence of Arabia, this fragrance is designed to evoke the fireside luxuries of a London gentlemen’s club in days gone by. So expect leather, tobacco, amber, and booze....plenty of booze. You’ll see plenty of comparisons to Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille but they’re pretty wide of the mark IMHO except in the most general sense. One reviewer mentions a hookah pipe – that’s a better example to me. RRP €130 / 100ml.
    €12.50 for 10ml. One only (plastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any more Parfums de Marly on the horizon, Pat? Herod, Pegasus, Carlisle, etc.

Having some 'fun' with the latest flacon of Aventus which I intended to split yesterday. Can't get the bastard thing open! They have a glass push stopper (i.e. not threaded) and this one just doesn't want to budge. I've had a few difficult ones the last couple of years but this one takes the biscuit. Brute force, pipe wrenches, freezing, heating - nothings moving it! Will have to hand in my man card I suspect! Anyone got any suggestions before I get the hammer out and hope for the best?!

Passenger wrote: »
    Any more Parfums de Marly on the horizon, Pat? Herod, Pegasus, Carlisle, etc.
    Yip, Godolphin if it's of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Having some 'fun' with the latest flacon of Aventus which I intended to split yesterday. Can't get the bastard thing open! They have a glass push stopper (i.e. not threaded) and this one just doesn't want to budge. I've had a few difficult ones the last couple of years but this one takes the biscuit. Brute force, pipe wrenches, freezing, heating - nothings moving it! Will have to hand in my man card I suspect! Anyone got any suggestions before I get the hammer out and hope for the best?!

Have you tried tapping it side to side with a wooden kitchen utensil, maybe try twisting it too, after each tap?

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Have you tried tapping it side to side with a wooden kitchen utensil, maybe try twisting it too, after each tap?

Have given it a few taps of a rubber mallet alright but no joy. Doesn't help either than I broke off part of the collar making twisting by hand rather hazardous now! Have it in the freezer again now for a couple of hours - that usually works fine, but not so far with this bottle. Bizarrely, the flacon leaks a bit if put on its side so the liquid is getting past the stopper - yet I still can't force it out. :confused: Nope, doesn't make sense to me either!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Another option might be to sit the bottle in a bucket of hot water up to the collar and sit an ice cube or ice pack on the stopper. Don't think I'd have the 'bottle' to get a mallet, rubber or not :eek:, to a bottle of that cost......although at least there'd be a nice smell about if disaster did strike! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

A precision drilled hole will see you right Pat*

*I have no idea what I'm talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Issey Miyake - Or Encens: One 20ml (plastic) available @ €24.50

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN €40.50 for 20ml

TOM FORD Oud Wood Intense €53 for 20ml

Mancera - Black to Black: 20ml (plastic) available @ €25.50

Hi Pat,
    Can you PM me with payment details for the above posted to Swords, Dublin?

Cheers.
    P.

• Advertisement

At last, got the blasted thing out! Gonna give a hat tip to Dr Zeuss - after all the hassle, tapping the cap sideways with a hammer didn't actually work - but I then tried tapping it from underneath and a couple of gentle taps and it popped straight out! (the collar makes this really awkward if that seemed an obvious first strategy!). I've spent much of the last two days at the fecker believe it or not!

Peatys wrote: »

Hi Pat,

Cheers.
    P.

Sure, will email you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

At last, got the blasted thing out! Gonna give a hat tip to Dr Zeuss - after all the hassle, tapping the cap sideways with a hammer didn't actually work - but I then tried tapping it from underneath and a couple of gentle taps and it popped straight out! (the collar makes this really awkward if that seemed an obvious first strategy!). I've spent much of the last two days at the fecker believe it or not!

Hi Pat,

Cheers.
    P.

Sure, will email you.
    Hi Pat I will take the Or Encense please

If anyone's interested in either of the two recent 'Oud' showcase splits (both completely different from each other BTW) - Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud EdP - it's getting close to last call on them. 30ml left of the MFK, and 50ml of the Tom Ford.

If anyone's interested in either of the two recent 'Oud' showcase splits (both completely different from each other BTW) - Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud EdP - it's getting close to last call on them. 30ml left of the MFK, and 50ml of the Tom Ford.

Did you get a chance to weigh them Pat? Cheers

Did you get a chance to weigh them Pat? Cheers

Yeah, emailed you last night - you're good to go. They're actually already packed and in my car ready to go - hoping to get to sorting depot today.

Yeah, emailed you last night - you're good to go. They're actually already packed and in my car ready to go - hoping to get to sorting depot today.

Missed it last night, apologies.
    That's sent to you now Pat. Cheers!

Look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Hey Pat, any chance you will be doing Invasion Barbare again? Missed out on it last time.

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Hey Pat, any chance you will be doing Invasion Barbare again? Missed out on it last time.

Honestly, I doubt it TBH!

Pat, if you happen to get Aventus spice and wood again, I'd really appreciate in on the split.

• Advertisement

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat, if you happen to get Aventus spice and wood again, I'd really appreciate in on the split.

Will do - likely to be next year though.

Advertisement